Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to open more cards with the new update? I just opened Asphalt 5 with about 10ish browser windows and probably 7 or 8 other different cards like phone, messaging, e-mail, calendar, engadget, ect. I've never been able to open much with Asphalt 5 running besides text messaging and maybe 2 other cards MAX.

    Of course this was on a clean boot. But has anyone else noticed any performance/memory management changes?
  2.    #2  
    I would've opened sites and stuff in each card but I wasn't connected to WiFi at the time and my battery was trying to die. Which is why I did it anyways: to make the battery crash so I could charge it up. I was sort of impressed because I could just keep opening and opening apps.. It was sort of fun.
  3. #3  
    mine has been able to open and run asphalt with messaging, browser, and email open, which was a no go in the past.
  4. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #4  
    On my sprint PRE I could never open asphalt5 after any other cards were open. With 1.4 I was able to launch it after altimeter and slacker were open, so improved indeed.
  5. #5  
    Anyone a frequent user of JSTop (assuming this shows RAM usage) that can comment on any differences in cold boot RAM use? Seems to me I was able to be a bit rougher on my Sprint Pre tonight as well.
  6. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #6  
    I don't know, I am up in the air about this now. I had been loving it up until this evening as the Sims 3 launched whenever I wanted as long as I had no other cards open (I tested it 50 times today I think, never played it once lol). That itself was a big improvement. Now I am getting Too Many Cards with nothing open.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Which is why I did it anyways: to make the battery crash so I could charge it up.
    Why ? The Pre family use LiIon batteries which should be kept topped up as much as possible - allowing them to fully discharge regularly is bad for them and they lose capacity.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Why ? The Pre family use LiIon batteries which should be kept topped up as much as possible - allowing them to fully discharge regularly is bad for them and they lose capacity.
    You're correct that for the battery chemistry, keeping topped off is better than fully draining a Li-ion on a regular basis. But occasionally recalibrating the battery control circuitry can have a positive effect on user experience. Not every day, but once every month or 2 can have a positive effect.
  9. #9  
    I too was able to open allot. Now getting Too many cards open again. Was hoping they would get it right this time around with 1.4. Maybe just need to upgrade to a newer device with more RAM if one should come out on Sprint.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    You're correct that for the battery chemistry, keeping topped off is better than fully draining a Li-ion on a regular basis. But occasionally recalibrating the battery control circuitry can have a positive effect on user experience. Not every day, but once every month or 2 can have a positive effect.
    Thanks for the tips! I have always thought that it helped, but I'll definitely stop this.

Posting Permissions