Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The App Catalog now allows me to browse the various categories, but when I actually get into areas where they have to list apps, it sometimes gives me "Action cannot be completed now", other times it gives me "0 apps available".

I'm in Singapore, German Pre, on M1. Anyone else care to share?
    same here,
    i'm in UAE Dubai, German Pre, on Etisalat.
    German GSM Pre in Australia.

App catalogue is showing half the apps available as last night.
    Some of my apps, including Classic Emulator, which I REALLY need, were not re-installed, and no longer exist in App Catalog.
    I can search for and find those apps with Preware, but when I try to install, I get a message that the App "cannot on run on your current operating system", and to "use the Updates App to install the system update".
    When I use the Updates App, it tells me that there are software updates available, loads all of my apps, but there are no updates for them?

How do I at least get Classic working again? Has anyone else had issues with Classic on web0s 1.4?
    Last edited by fishiazza; 02/28/2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: updated symptoms
    I'm getting "The action could not be completed. Try again later" message since 1.3.x Doesn't work anymore.

Come on Palm!!!!
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Same here, "action not completed" but who cares now that the App Catalog has been freed
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...r-country.html
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Getting free apps hasn't been much of a problem (until now)... Its the pay ones we haven't been able to get.

But the issue now is that I can't even get the apps I had before.

Do I have an incomplete upgrade, or is it the app catalogue that has the problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    Getting free apps hasn't been much of a problem (until now)... Its the pay ones we haven't been able to get.
    Maybe not for you but it has been for me and I suspect many after 1.3.x Often times we can't even see the App Catalog as we get an "Action not completed" error. Other times it is just zero apps.
    Now with the IPK fetcher I can see and download 503 free apps!
    I suspect that this App Cata is country specific. Here in Switzerland with the German O2 Pre I regualarly miss some of the applications advertised in daily bulletins.

But the issue now is that I can't even get the apps I had before.

Do I have an incomplete upgrade, or is it the app catalogue that has the problems?
    Talked to Palm about free apps /paid apps yesterday. It seems that they do *not* consider the access to paid / free apps their problem. I was told that it's up to the software company to decide whether or not any given app is available for unlocked phones.

So there's another up-hill battle. I suggested to Dieter Bohn, that maybe that was an issue he ( Precentral) could help raise awareness about that, 'cause come march, unlocked phones will *not* be able to get paid apps, simply because the SIM card most often will not be on a official network. :0((
    WebOS still makes sense.
    German GSM Pre in Australia.

How do I at least get Classic working again? Has anyone else had issues with Classic on web0s 1.4?
    German O2 Pre in Germany.

I am running Classic without any problems since my update to v1.4
    I used the built in update feature so every app installed before were uneffected by the install process. If you have a "file" backup of your classic installation you can always use this to copy it back on the device. I myself used this process once and it worked fine.

Regards,
    Heiko
    I suppose you could just download the Classic ipk using the ipk fetcher mentioned in this thread and install it using WebOS QI
    I have had Classic since WebOS 1.03 and updated sometime back to Classic 2.12 which runs fine in WebOS 1.4. The Backup/Restore in Classic is very handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I suppose you could just download the Classic ipk using the ipk fetcher mentioned in this thread and install it using WebOS QI
    I have had Classic since WebOS 1.03 and updated sometime back to Classic 2.12 which runs fine in WebOS 1.4. The Backup/Restore in Classic is very handy.
    I've done exactly that, and now I have Classic working again. VERY HAPPY!
    I guess all those free apps aren't so boring afterall. Thanks.
    Is opening, but it's empty :S
    Quote Originally Posted by personGR View Post
    Is opening, but it's empty :S
    So, like I said in the other thread.. I'm the developer of that tool, and I keep saying: it's not ready yet. So please no complaining, asking, arguing, wondering, etc. If you know German you can ask at nexave.de, but it's not released on precentral yet. For a good reason, so there's no point in asking for help with that tool here...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to have a homebrew app that did the same, acting as a replacment of the App Catalog?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Would it be possible to have a homebrew app that did the same, acting as a replacment of the App Catalog?
    Technically, yeah probably, but that is a step further. And that step might just be the one crossing the line... if you know what I mean.

I'm improving my application as we speak, so hold on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Technically, yeah probably, but that is a step further. And that step might just be the one crossing the line... if you know what I mean.

I'm improving my application as we speak, so hold on.
    you are the developer of classic? I would like to have it but or at least try it out, but since Ilm unofficial, I can not get it, nothing in the app catalog for me
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    you are the developer of classic? I would like to have it but or at least try it out, but since Ilm unofficial, I can not get it, nothing in the app catalog for me
    No, not of Classic, of IPK Fetcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    No, not of Classic, of IPK Fetcher
    Pardon my newbie ignorance, what does it do?
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    Pardon my newbie ignorance, what does it do?
    It's not your ignorance, I haven't released it yet here, so be patient
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast