Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blacklight, instead of Preware's feed, could your app be modified to use Palm's custom RSS feeds:
    Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center
    Perhaps a future version could include all 6 feeds as selectable options
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Blacklight, instead of Preware's feed, could your app be modified to use Palm's custom RSS feeds:
    Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center
    Perhaps a future version could include all 6 feeds as selectable options
    See response here.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen though..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrwsde View Post
    German O2 Pre in Germany.

I am running Classic without any problems since my update to v1.4
    I used the built in update feature so every app installed before were uneffected by the install process. If you have a "file" backup of your classic installation you can always use this to copy it back on the device. I myself used this process once and it worked fine.

Regards,
    Heiko
    Wow, that's worrying for me. I don't know if my problem is specific to my phone, or all unofficial users in general.
    How many apps are you (and anyone else tracking the German Catalog) showing? I can only see 140. It was 255 before the "upgrade".

Also, what do you mean by a "file" backup of Classic??
    In answer to my own question... i went back to my old firmware (1.3.5.2) using WedOSDoctor. I then had the full European app catalog again. This time when I updated to 1.4, the app catalog remained.

So whatever my problem was is now fixed.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    fishiazza, make sure you save that ipk. that method of getting them is no longer possible.

i also downgraded (to 1.3.1) and it's lovely compared to 1.4. i just had some bad stability issues.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Thanks Bennish. Luckily I did save a couple of my most important .ipks.

I only downgraded momentarily so that the upgrade would happen again. I'm now running 1.4 with no issues.
    Same in Brazil. What's the reason for Palm doing this ?
    Just wondering if any "unofficial" palm owners have been upgraded to WebOS v1.4.1 yet?

My phone is from Germany, but I live in Australia. I have not been offered the upgrade yet and, (due to the version change, I guess) am now only showing 48 apps in the app catalog.

What are others experiences? Have you got 1.4.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post
    Just wondering if any "unofficial" palm owners have been upgraded to WebOS v1.4.1 yet?

My phone is from Germany, but I live in Australia. I have not been offered the upgrade yet and, (due to the version change, I guess) am now only showing 48 apps in the app catalog.

Yes fishiazza, I live in Malaysia, using a Germany O2 Pre. Got it updated to 1.4.1 here in Malaysia.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You're using the Sprint firmware right? I vaguely recall an update issue with that firmware on GSM devices.
    No, I've got the O2 Germany firmware. I also have a few free apps that are not available in Germany... I wonder if that is my problem?
    Most likely not. I had that as well before the update and I have updated just fine already (otoh my app catalog is empty so all apps are un-available to me...)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishiazza View Post

Wont it show when you run the update app?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Wont it show when you run the update app?
    No, it just says that there are application updates available, even when there aren't actually any application updates.

Could this be due to a patch or something I have installed maybe?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12