1.    #1  
    So, I woke this morning and noticed the oh-so-anticipated present icon in my notification bar. "Could it be," I thought, "could 1.4 really be here...?". So I fired up the WiFi and started downloading. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, the phone booted up and I started playing around to see all the new stuff....

...Then I opened my browser and clicked on the PreCentral icon...and nothing happened. I clicked on facebook, and still nothing. I then closed the browser and typed google.com, from there it gave me a white screen. No status icon, nothing. So I checked my wife's Pre, and everything was both hunky and dory. So I drove to my local Sprint Store to see if they knew anything (mostly because I had other stuff to do today and didn't want to waste time doctoring it myself). Well, the techs were baffled, neither they, nor the Palm chat rep had seen this. They flashed the phone, and still nothing (they even flashed it back to 1.3.5.1). I was instructed to go to Sprint's flagship store (located about 3 blocks from Sprint World Headquarters). Their techs had another solution...which did nothing. So now I have a bright shiny new Pre (which was nice because my old one, purchased in June, had a cracks, a corner missing, and was starting to Oreo.)

The point of this story is, if your browser isn't working, the easiest solution is to get a new Pre.
    sure you didn't have the multi mod patch installed? If so, see my thread regarding this.
    [i had the same problem , but after I removed patches I had pertaining to the browser, it worked again. I was already planning to take it to Sprint.QUOTE=drdeath91;2263580]So, I woke this morning and noticed the oh-so-anticipated present icon in my notification bar. "Could it be," I thought, "could 1.4 really be here...?". So I fired up the WiFi and started downloading. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, the phone booted up and I started playing around to see all the new stuff....

...Then I opened my browser and clicked on the PreCentral icon...and nothing happened. I clicked on facebook, and still nothing. I then closed the browser and typed google.com, from there it gave me a white screen. No status icon, nothing. So I checked my wife's Pre, and everything was both hunky and dory. So I drove to my local Sprint Store to see if they knew anything (mostly because I had other stuff to do today and didn't want to waste time doctoring it myself). Well, the techs were baffled, neither they, nor the Palm chat rep had seen this. They flashed the phone, and still nothing (they even flashed it back to 1.3.5.1). I was instructed to go to Sprint's flagship store (located about 3 blocks from Sprint World Headquarters). Their techs had another solution...which did nothing. So now I have a bright shiny new Pre (which was nice because my old one, purchased in June, had a cracks, a corner missing, and was starting to Oreo.)

The point of this story is, if your browser isn't working, the easiest solution is to get a new Pre.[/QUOTE]
    yea, the same thing happened to me. For me, I removed the browser Multi Mod and huzzah, the browser worked fine!
    Same thing happened for me, then i did a luna restart and it was fine.
  6.    #6  
    I think I might of had the multi-mod installed, but I don't think it updated after 1.4. It doesn't really matter, because I wanted a new Pre anyway. So really, they only thing I lose is time for reinstalling everything.

Thanks for the help. I'll be mindful of this in the future.
    After all these posts it looks like you aren't the winner after all, but thanks for the thrilling depictive story. Like Avatar, it almost held my interest until the end.