Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please advise.

I understand 1.4 will break the free mytether. Rely on this too much right now.

Does the paid version still work?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Yes, My Tether works with 1.4 as long as you also have FreeTether installed with IP forwarding enabled.
    Mine works still.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilla755 View Post
    Mine works still.
    The "free" mytether or only with freetether?

No one knows how to quiet the update?
    To prevent the update, you need to have root access to the command line and enter the following commands:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod -x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /
    Then reset your phone

When you are ready to try the update, and let the phone get it re enable it with:

Code:
    cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod +x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /
    and then reset your phone.

I used this for quite a while before going to 1.3.5, so I could make sure I was ready and could handle all the problems 1.3.5 brought.

I must say thanks to AUPT and the great crew at internals this update was MUCH less stressful

Good Luck!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

That turns off the update deamon.
    What if the phone has already downloaded the update?

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    That turns off the update deamon.
    What if the phone has already downloaded the update?

Thanks
    Vas
    Well then you need the webos doctor 1.3.5.1 and just doctor it back to that OS
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi all,

sorry for my ignorance but coming from windows mobile I am still learning a lot about Palm WebOS.

How does one enter into command line?
    easiest way is from webos Wuick Install

drop down tools, then linux commands

then copy paste EACH LINE ONE BY ONE (enter after each line)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    To prevent the update, you need to have root access to the command line and enter the following commands:

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod -x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /
    Then reset your phone

When you are ready to try the update, and let the phone get it re enable it with:

Code:
    cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod +x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

I used this for quite a while before going to 1.3.5, so I could make sure I was ready and could handle all the problems 1.3.5 brought.

I must say thanks to AUPT and the great crew at internals this update was MUCH less stressful

Good Luck!
    will this only prevent the phone from downloading updates on it's own?? Can I still manually do it or would I have to do step two to enable updates?
    Yes, you have to re enable the update daemon when you are ready to receive the update

I Pre

Yes, you have to re enable the update daemon when you are ready to receive the update
    I'm thinking about trying this then but if i jack up step two could I also just use the 1.4 doctor to get to the new version and to accept future updates
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    I'm thinking about trying this then but if i jack up step two could I also just use the 1.4 doctor to get to the new version and to accept future updates
    ahhh think positive

IF you are smart enough to be able to get into the root access of your phone, you are probably smart enough to handle copy/paste

I would imagine, doctor 1.4 would be fine, too tho

I Pre

Well then you need the webos doctor 1.3.5.1 and just doctor it back to that OS
    My question wasn't specific to a certain WebOS version. I was hoping that you could delete the downloaded file and reset the deamon so it doesn't know that you have an update locally on your phone waiting for installation...
    when I dr the phone, I get 1.3.1 I believe, then it wants to update to 1.4, so how can I get 1.3.5.1 back ?? Or still use mhs or my tether 210.in 1.4 ???

Code:

cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod -x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /
    Then reset your phone

Code:
    cd /usr/bin

mount -o remount,rw /

chmod +x UpdateDaemon

mount -o remount,ro /

Good Luck!
    I couldn't get this to copy and paste and when I typed it in manually I get an error that says there is no file or directory when I get to the third line
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    I couldn't get this to copy and paste and when I typed it in manually I get an error that says there is no file or directory when I get to the third line
    Im still new at all this too, so forgive me if Im incorrect.....

Use webos quick install, the command line and (ctrl V ) control V should paste it, it will never right click paste ( in windows ) for me so I do it this way. Ive never had to type anything manually there, always the ctrl V

Hope this helps
    Stomp the force will you? Of the dark side you are. Defeat the force you will not.
    Will 1.4 auto install or just sit there waiting for my input?
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Im still new at all this too, so forgive me if Im incorrect.....

Use webos quick install, the command line and (ctrl V ) control V should paste it, it will never right click paste ( in windows ) for me so I do it this way. Ive never had to type anything manually there, always the ctrl V

Hope this helps
    tried it that way and It pasted the first two lines ok but line 3 still has a " no such file or directory" error
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast