1.    #1  
    If You have a problem please say if you have patches installed...

i just read 3 posts with critical "fail" then they go on to mention that they have all sorts of patches installed... and preware not working right. blah blah

just dr. your phone THEN see if problem exists.
    can u read my thread see if u can help me plz ^
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    If You have a problem please say if you have patches installed...

i just read 3 posts with critical "fail" then they go on to mention that they have all sorts of patches installed... and preware not working right. blah blah

just dr. your phone THEN see if problem exists.
    Quite the opposite. Removed the only theme i had, followed by 10 patches. Updated to 1.4 and all I get is IPKG error on all 10!

Other than that everything is puppies & rainbows. heh heh

Still reading the post's and trying to figure the next step.
  4.    #4  
    download and run webos quickinstall... then click on the blue down arrow.. Yes it will take a while for it to load... at least it did for me

wait.. found the instructions

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._Quick_Install

# Run WebOS Quick Install
    # Click the third button on the right (Blue Down Arrow)
    # Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    # Select Package Manager Service from the list.
    # Select Preware from the list.
    # Click Download.
    # Click Close.
    # Click Install.

after i did this there was an updated package manager... then WebOSQuickinstall updated all the packages i had and put in "dummy" ones that haven't been updated.. it did it auto-magically..

Give it a shot
    Good job.
    What do the IPKG errors say? If they are timing out on the wget part of it, that means the servers are being hammered. I had to hit update all like 20 times this morning going a few patches at a time to get it to update them all. All peachy now.
  7.    #7  
    servers are def getting hammered... even right now WebOS Quick install took 4 minutes to get the package info into
    Quote Originally Posted by snapp View Post
    Quite the opposite. Removed the only theme i had, followed by 10 patches. Updated to 1.4 and all I get is IPKG error on all 10!

Other than that everything is puppies & rainbows. heh heh

Still reading the post's and trying to figure the next step.
    When you press the "update all" button and if there is problem with one patch, none of them will load. Try updating them one at a time and find the bad patch.
  10.    #10  
    webos actually went through my installed packages and put in blank ones for the incompatible ones and update the ones there were updates for.. then after that my preware actually was able to launch..
    i get the "critical fail" message too while trying to install preware through my web os. i dont know what the problem is cuz i removed all the patches last night. and the theme too.