Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This damn thing is still there with 1.4. I can't play asphalt 5...

Palm should consider this a high priority issue. I can't use a paid app is pretty bad.

How are such things going unnoticed and not addressed on a priority basis? These are things that put new buyers at bay.
    Mine only did that at first. Then in the process of resetting the phone a couple times while getting all my patches back online the thing fixed itself. I've opened games multiple times now with zero error.

I rebooted and things worked for a day and now back to too many cards. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yep, twice since the update, with just four website cards. It stinks.
    Im getting this too, sporadically, but always when I try to play NFS. Even if i get rid of all the cards that are open, i still get the 'too many cards open' warning when i try to play NFS.

Having such games on the Pre is only good if you can actually play them. Utterly ridiculous.
    I think this has gotten worse with the 1.4 update (though I have been enjoying most other things in 1.4). I now get the error when in a loaded site, or in a loaded app even some that seem fairly innocuous (like the contacts card).

I tried to woo a potential buyer to the pre by showing off Need For Speed. The fact i couldn't even open the app sent the guy straight to android.
    I get the same thing. I can understand some apps not being able to have other apps running in the background like NFS but I should be able to run it after shutting everything down w/o a reboot.

maybe the PDK is still just buggy?

definitely #1 issue.
    Yeah, that needs to be fixed asap. This is almost as annoying as the old "don't have enough memory to install this app" error. They fixed that, so hopefully they will fix the too many cards error too so it will never rear its ugly head again!
    I still get this, and don't have a single 3D game installed. Not even the demos.

I figure if this thing can't handle a few websites being open for an hour, why waste the time or money?

Ah, the world's best multitasking.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    maybe the PDK is still just buggy?
    Well its not a PDK issue as this was happening before the PDK was even announced. I get this after my phone has been on a bit and then try to open up my first app (or web browser) and states too many cards. So it has to be a memory bug/leak somewhere in the main OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I still get this, and don't have a single 3D game installed. Not even the demos.

I figure if this thing can't handle a few websites being open for an hour, why waste the time or money?

Ah, the world's best multitasking.....
    Yeah, and most of the time, if you don't get the "too many cards" - it greys out the browser cards, which cause them to auto-refresh.. which in turn causes lost work.
    I would recommend trying the JsTop app... it sounds like there are programs leaking memory in the background (they'll do that even if you don't have cards open). THis program will allow you to see whats running and if theres something eating up a bunch of your memory
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I would recommend trying the JsTop app... it sounds like there are programs leaking memory in the background (they'll do that even if you don't have cards open). THis program will allow you to see whats running and if theres something eating up a bunch of your memory
    Had it before. Still happens. This just fixes it faster.

In any case, yet another limitation to WebOS. I doubt Palm will ever fix it. They'll just expect everybody to pony up for a "Plus" model with 512MB of RAM or whatever the Pre 2 or C40 is, which will be similarly equipped.

It sucks, but almost every manufacturer these days uses more powerful hardware as a crutch to get through issues like this.
    yeah it's not just a PDK thing as it happens outside of 3d games, I agree. It's really annoying to get the error randomly when not even trying to launch a new card.

jstop doesn't fix it for me.
    Im constantly getting too many cards with only 2~4 cards open. I havent played any 3D games since 1.4 ... wth
    Damn. I just tried to open a demo game and got the "too many cards..." I even cleaned out my email and call log. This is a major issue.
    Weird I just opened 21 cards before it said that error.
    Then again...I dont have any patches on right now.
    Download Jason's Advanced Option Launcher from preware and it has not just the garbage collection for javascript (thats what JSTop has) but also cleans up the underlying java collection as well.
    I was doing OK with 1.3 now since 1.4 I get it often. And with only 1 text and 2 web pages. What the heck is going on. Is this what we should expect for the Adobe Flash 10.1 setup?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I got the worst one yet....no cards open...and its frozin with that "sorry , too many cards" alert - multiple resets dont diminish the frustration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast