Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    mygoogle maps is not loading..it stays in splash screen..only once it loaded but took forever. Any1 eles
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    anyone?
    My google maps is doing the same thing. I'm not sure why yet. I removed the patch I had installed to start gmap in a full screen but that didn't fix the problem. Did you have this problem before the update? I didn't.
    Mine stays on the splash screen for about 10-15 seconds then the app opens just fine for me. I just removed all my patches through, so maybe this has something to do with it?
    I had the same problem, but I fixed it in a very strange way. I noticed that it working fine before I installed Terminal and Terminal Service Plugin. I decided to uninstall those two because they didn't work and it seemed to me that google maps seemed to take forever to load.

After I removed the two, google maps worked perfectly. I'm not sure why this made a difference but it definitely did make a difference.
    geesh... Mine takes 16 seconds to open!!!!!
    mine takes way to long to load :/
    I updated a VZN phone yesterday and I noticed today Google maps takes a long time to load. The card appears then takes about 20 seconds to load. Anyone figure out a solution yet?
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I too experience this. Hardly a good ad when your trying to show off your phone to your friends
    That's really weird, the difference between phones. Mine took about 6 seconds to load, on Vzw Pre.

Ok, maybe more like 8-10 seconds. Checked it again.
    Last edited by gapost; 03/01/2010 at 01:59 PM.
    I noticed the same slow load, but also found (on my Sprint Pre) that the map was fully loaded and my position pinpointed when the app finished loading. Previously, it would open to a white screen quickly, and then slowly (even on my 3g connection) fill in the map.

This might explain some of the slowness issue...
    Yep, extremely slow loading of Maps.. why in the world??
    This may be related to some datacenter issues Google is having today. Google Maps on the Pre requires data connectivity through Google before it loads the app fully.

Google Sync outage information (1st March) - Google Mobile Help