1.    #1  
    Ok guys, i dont know what is going on. ever since i downloaded and installed 1.4 my phone keeps randomly asking me if i want to power off. not only that, but the power button is unresponsive! it did this for a few hours in the morning, then it stopped and i thought "oh ok, i guess it wasn't a big deal" but now it's doing it again. I've rebooted my phone several times, and this is just getting frustrating! i can't do anything on my phone without it asking me if i want to power off or whatever! is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Sounds like the power button is stuck. I'd try blowing it out with
    compressed air. Also try pulling the battery out in case it's just
    a glitch in button state that can't be cleared with a normal reboot.

ian
  3.    #3  
    i already removed the battery out. i'll try fixing the power button, but it still clicks and feels like it did before i was having this problem? i dont know, it's very annoying...
    id try reinstalling 1.4, with the pounding palms servers took last night, I wouldnt be surprised to see some corrupted installs. Has happened in the past if memory serves me.... Run the 1.4 webos dr on it.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I had this problem a couple times before and discovered that it had to do with my Hotel (magnetic strip) card key. Just curious if you have your phone next to anything similiar?
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  6.    #6  
    nope, i already thought of that. it really was working fine and then all of the sudden it is doing this.
    happened to my phone a couple weeks ago. You will be sitting there and it will bring up the power off option or airplane mode, I always hit cancel and than my power button doesn't work. I took my battery out and it worked fine for a day or two and than it happened again. I have found that my button isn't broken it just gets buggy sometime. I don't know what to do and it doesn't bug me enough to get it replaced. But yes it has happened to me to, and I just wait it out now.
    Similar issues here. Power button on occassion will not light up screen. I then hold it down for a few seconds and it will either bring phone to life or cause it to reboot (apparent Luna restart). Having issue maybe 10% of time. Other times no issue. Once I noticed the screen came to life but was frozen for a few seconds before it would respond to touch (and it wasn't cold). Definitely something new going on with waking the phone. I have Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I've been having a similar problem. My Pre keeps rebooting at random. I will hit the power button to wake it up and it won't do anything for a few seconds, then it goes to the Palm logo screen and reboots. I've had my Pre since launch day and it has NEVER done this before, but it has done it 4 or 5 times today since updating to 1.4. Maybe I will Doctor it and see if that fixes it.
  10.    #10  
    ya i dont know what is going on. i'm trying to talk to a palm chat rep...but he is not being very helpful
  11.    #11  
    ok he said that there is no web os 1.4 out yet..so i guess i can't run that, and he said that i just need to go to the sprint store basicaly, so no help there...
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    ok he said that there is no web os 1.4 out yet..so i guess i can't run that, and he said that i just need to go to the sprint store basicaly, so no help there...
    what would happen if u go to the sprint store and they see u have preware and homebrew apps and stuff like that?
    ya I have had this happen to me to with absolutelly no homebrew or patches installed. I have them installed now but it happened before I did that at all, and I freshly doctored my phone with 1.4.0 doctor
    they wont say anything. just take it in and play dumb.. my og ganster launch day palm was the best but i fried it with the overlcocking patches doing something dumb.. and i brought it back with preware they didnt care.. 2nd time i brought it back.. it had the 4 icon launcher but it had the issue where you plug in headphones and the plasic piece sticks and thinks the phones are always in so i brought that back.. they were like.. did you do anything to this phone.. im like no what are you takling about. they were like oh nevermind its cool. everytime i go they give me a brand new palm pre in under an hour no questions asked. This is the pittsburgh (monroeville sprint) fyi
    u know what if people are saying this has happened before then lets kill the topic of this thread. overall the webos 1.4 push was a huge success judging by how everyones taking videos and no problems here on my end. i think 1.4 is amazing. the speed and smoothness is apparent when opening apps and the mail is a lot better
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    Obviously that guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

WebOS Doctor for 1.4:

http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm
  17.    #17  
    ok i'm not saying i dont like 1.4 i only posted this thread to see ifanyone else was having the same problem so they could help me. i wasn't tyring to be negative, but i figured this is a forum where people like to help each other, so why not ask my question.