Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FOR PALM APP

i have been trying all day to get this to work and i just figured it out even though someone said it in an earlier post i don't think the message was conveyed...it doesn't pick up that you have a facebook account by using friendsbook app or just logging in to the web browser bookmark you must have the official facebook for plam app installed. it worked for me so now i'm happy my hours of research have paid off lol. try this and let me know if it works for you!!!

EDIT:now facebook option is coming up after i shoot a video so that part is working now...it did not earlier today.
    Last edited by redrum0036; 02/28/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Thank you, worked for me.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    What is the official FB app called? There are several in the app catalog.

TIA
  4. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post

TIA
    Facebook FTMFW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post

TIA
    It's called "Facebook for Palm". Just search for "Facebook" and scroll down until you see the whole name.
    Follow Me On

have friendsbook and my uploading works fast and great
    I am living proof that you are giving mis infomation
    odd on my pre it work from the very start. I do have a facebook account from my accounts prefs also I was able to upload pictures wit no apps, just directly from the photo app
    you get the facebook option as soon as you make the vid,,then once it is put away,then you don't see facebook op anymore
    try it,,make a vid,,play vid,then open options and fb will b there
    yes,,upload using photo app also,,that works great to
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    Facebook FTMFW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It's called "Facebook for Palm". Just search for "Facebook" and scroll down until you see the whole name.
    Thanks!
    I tried to upload a video and it says it uploaded, but when I go on facebook from a computer. The video doesn't show up.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    I tried to upload a video and it says it uploaded, but when I go on facebook from a computer. The video doesn't show up.
    Same here!
  15.    #15  
    zmann there have been several posts today regarding this problem. some people have stated they had no issue out the gate others such as myself had no facebook option available. i have a snapshot..

so no offense, but please refrain from accusations of misinformation if you don't have the facts. i tried logging into facebook with x.facebook.com and didn't get the option. i downloaded friendsbook and didnt get the option. later in the day i learned there was an actual official app that i had been unaware of i downloaded it and viola it works. at first it didn't show up after shooting the video but it did from the videos app. now it is working in both. oh and i just deleted the facebook for palm app from my phone and it still works. i'm curious zmann if you ever had that app on your phone in the past and erased it. it looks as though it was an unpopular app in the ratings department. search the threads and you will see where i and others were discussing this throughout the day saturday.
    i don't know why or how it worked, but it did and my thoughts were that if i share my find in the threads it could help someone else save a few hours of messing around as i did.
    as you pointed out yes you can post pics from the pics app i had no problem doing that. video was the only thing for me. i did edit out the part about it not coming up after recording as i said now it works, but it didn't before and if you check the threads you will see mike@sickle.org (i think that was it) experienced the same issue with it only being available from the videos app. anyway hope this has helped anyone who needed it...
  16.    #16  
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ook-issue.html

this is the thread i was speaking of. i assure you i was not the only person this wasn't working for. i assumed the facebook bookmark in the browser was my facebook app lol. i wander how or why the facebook for palm app would make a difference though? futhermore, why would it continue to work after i deleted the app that allowed it to work in the first place? i'm curious if after deleting apps if there is some code left behind by apps and such after they are deleted?...if so i would like to know how the heck to get rid of it. if anyone reading this has any info regarding that please post a link or share any insight you have. i'm sure it's something the internalz guys have already figured out but it's past my bed time pushing 5am on the east coast.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I don't have any Facebook apps on my phone, but I have had them in the past so maybe that is why it worked for me from the get go.
  18.    #18  
    thanks for the post cringer...i had never had any facebook app on my phone until today. (or actually saturday) another thing this isn't my original pre...it is an insurance replacement...doubt that has anything to do with it but anything is possible.
  19.    #19  
    anyone else having video issues? i also can't send vids over mms or email to my fiancee. we are on the same plan but she has a blackberry curve. i also wasn't able to send either to my cousin on verizon he has a blackberry tour. these were 3 second clips.
    i did send them to myself though. text came through quickly and the email i have gmail and aol. sent to and from both. both failed to load a couple times but finally worked.
    upload to facebook worked within seconds as zmann said.
    Last edited by redrum0036; 02/28/2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Nah, I hard reset my phone and managed to get it working without a FB app. You just have to add your Facebook account to SYNERGY (so logging in via the web does not work), which can be easily done using the official FB app, however, the app is not required.

This is the reason why the ability persists after deleting the app....because you are still logged into FB via synergy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast