Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    why can't we send video over 30secs?
    I mean this is a smartphone not a razor! And I tried emailing it thinking emails can send larger files.. WRONG! You gotta edit the damn vid and shorten it to send. I hate the recorder now. WORTHLESSSSSSSSS!

PALM/SPRINT You SUCK for letting this happen. Cmon. It's 2010!

UPDATE: my mms went through jus toke a long time. Idk y. Hope it's jus that one. But still why do we have to short the vid to send through an email?
    ok, I just sent a 1 minute and 55 second video via txt *** are you talking about.
    [click below]
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I've had the same prob I can't send one over 10 seconds. So it is a problem. That would be ridiculous to send a 1 55 video. I only wish I could. I agree it's basically worthless now. The only thing to save it is that you can upload to youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    [click below]
    |
    |
    |
    V
    perfect
    Wow what an elegant thread title. I'm impressed OP.
    And that's the oldest news on 1.4.
    Baby steps...
    i sent one that was over thirty seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I've had the same prob I can't send one over 10 seconds. So it is a problem. That would be ridiculous to send a 1 55 video. I only wish I could. I agree it's basically worthless now. The only thing to save it is that you can upload to youtube.
    not really just cause you can't doesn't mean anyone else can't.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There is some limitation built in that is not user error here. I took a test video that exceeded a minute. When I clicked the icon to send it out, the email choice read "trim and share via email". Then picking that option, I was given a message at the top "Max video size to send: 00:51" then the editor appeared at the bottom allowing me to slide it one way or another, designating which 51 seconds I was going to send.

Then I took the video and shortened it to 20 seconds using the editor, clicked the icon to send out, and the email link no longer said "trim" and share, but just to share it. I also took it to 49 seconds, and again allowed me to send the entire 49 seconds.

So, this is clearly intended operation of the Pre, not a problem with any user. But it does not seem to be a specific time limitation, at least I did not find the limit to be 30 seconds. Perhaps the app determines the size and based upon that size pro rates the video so to speak allowing it to be a certain length because it knows at that length it will fall under a size limit. And each video might be different sizes depending on how much digital information (lighting related?) per frame is captured? Thus it may allow differing lengths of video to be sent via email?

In any case, I am disappointed to see such a small limitation, if there must be one at all.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    It sends longer than 30 seconds for me via YouTube
    who the h*ll cares? I guess since I've never emailed vids directly from the app, I have no issue. Sheesh, heaven forbid you have a digital camera and have to connect via USB and then download- and then download again to YouTube or whatever. To be able to upload straight to YouTube or Facebook is fine with me.

You can always cut and paste a link to YouTube, etc.

Really, just not a big deal IMO. Some real babies here.
    email attachments can only be smaller than 10 mb whether its a video or document. So this isn't a limitation of the phone its the email accounts.
    I just sent one that was 56 seconds to my wife's Pixi... It just took 10 minutes. I wasn't on Wifi. I noticed the font stayed gray for about 8 minutes until it was sent then the message font turned black. My wife got it 2 minutes later.
    just post long vids to youtube and send the link...
    is the dumb m o t h a f you whos sending the video cause my s h I t works like a champ...reboot ur ph twice
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Most carriers impose a total size limit on MMS messages of 300-350KB.
    Since video bitrate (filesize/video length) is proportional to detail and motion,
    if you want to send a longer video, keep the background simple and the camera
    still. If you move it around a lot, the bitrate will be higher, and it'll
    reduce the length you can send via MMS.

I doubt there's any hard limit on sending via email or uploading to YouTube
    although the native .mp4 files grow pretty fast at 640x480@(up to 29fps).

ian
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    YouTube doesn't work, either. I upload to YouTube and can access the videos on a computer when logged in, but the URLs assigned to the videos don't work. I e-mailed myself a link to one of them and got the error "can not find video." ***?
    Quote Originally Posted by noshooz View Post
    YouTube doesn't work, either. I upload to YouTube and can access the videos on a computer when logged in, but the URLs assigned to the videos don't work. I e-mailed myself a link to one of them and got the error "can not find video." ***?
    Re-boot and try again. It worked for me--sent to two different email addresses. It was immediate too.
    Shaky!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    email attachments can only be smaller than 10 mb whether its a video or document. So this isn't a limitation of the phone its the email accounts.
    Maybe some years ago and what your provider allows but 10mb is no longer the high end when it comes to size.... I emails 15-20 mb files all the time from a gmail accont to an exchange account..

As for the limitations if palm left it open everyone would be *****ing OMG palm was not smart enough to limit videos.. So they add a built in share feature of the recorder to limit it so it abides by carrier specific mms restrictions and so the person receiving the video does not have to spend 2 hours downloading it over 2g...

If you want to send big videos fire up a new email message and attach it the normal way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast