Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am having no prob emailing,uploading,,mms, it's all great and fast.
    Can't send video any way. What's the problem????? No matter how short I make them I get a x on the picture or a sending error message.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Maybe some years ago and what your provider allows but 10mb is no longer the high end when it comes to size.... I emails 15-20 mb files all the time from a gmail accont to an exchange account..

As for the limitations if palm left it open everyone would be *****ing OMG palm was not smart enough to limit videos.. So they add a built in share feature of the recorder to limit it so it abides by carrier specific mms restrictions and so the person receiving the video does not have to spend 2 hours downloading it over 2g...

If you want to send big videos fire up a new email message and attach it the normal way.
    Depends on the provider and method. Verizon fios will let you send up to 20 MB via a mail client like outlook or outlook express, but if you use their webmail via the website, 8 MB is the max.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Dude calm the hell down!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    When I clicked the icon to send it out, the email choice read "trim and share via email".
    Might I suggest it defaults to always offering to trim before sending in an effort to be "helpful" to both us and the carriers? There are a lot of reasons I can figure (upload time being first) that they'd suggest shortening clips before sending them.

And yeah, a lot of providers have an MMS video size limit.

Anyhow, I dunno. Haven't played with an upload yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    But still why do we have to short the vid to send through an email?
    talk to your email provider
    i know i tried sending a short (9 sec) video thru mms to my sister who is on t-mobile, it went thru then sprint sent me a message saying she might not get it due to her carrier limititations, lo and behold she got no video! So at least we are not that restricted i mean it could be worse
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12