1.    #1  
    is there a new link for PREWARE? after 1.4 i have no preware...
    I thougt I was the only one! I still have it, but it doesn't load; that's the good news! Then I get a "memory critical, too many cards open" message, even though Preware is the only thing running; that's the next best news. Then my Pre completely locks up. I've opened up Preware and had to yank the battery 3 times in the last 20 minutes because of what it's doing to my Pre. Needless to say, I will NOT be sticking with any patches or auto-update crap for the next OS update. I'm only trying to get it open right now to ditch everything i've installed with it.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    right after installing 1.4 I updated all the patches I could and things got back to normal.

the auto update tech is not crap. It was useful for the majority.

I think their servers were hammered and your pre may be stuck trying to execute a script. Only a guess...
    I'm having the same problem... Glad I'm not the only one. After the update, Preware came up once or twice, enough for me to re-install my theme, but now it just locks up the phone until it resets itself. I get the memory critical message as well. Pretty annoying.. Hopefully someone can jump in here with some answers..
    Preware works fine on 1.4. You just need to be patient because the preware servers are getting hammed. Sheesh.
    yea i get getting memory critical and i thought my pre was broke...so i doctored..and the 1.4 doctor wiped everything except my music and pictures...all homebrew and patches were gone...sheesh.,,i wish i had read this thread
    I installed the mutli mod patch and could not use the net, I couldnt un-install it either. I just had to run the webos dr. What a pain in the ****. A fluke ??
    i was having a lot of difficulty getting my Preware to work there for a bit after updating to 1.4. I deleted and installed it a few times even. But then I realized that the servers were probably overworked and on top of that I am sure the people at Internalz are trying to do even more work on it. After letting it sit for a few hours. Everything just started working. I like the auto update technology, but I think that it needs to be a little easier to use and whatnot.
    i don't know about the servers being busy...but right now preware leaks memory like a woman's slovakian goalie...until i get "sorry, too many cards" and have to pull the battery.