Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I sent a 31 Sec 3.83M video to my wifes Treo 800WX & he phone said the file is too large. I hope Palm or Sprint sends a guide on how to send videos with no problems.
    Same problems here on O2 (UK). Tried sending a video of about 7 seconds to my own number, i get a system message from O2 stating my phone is not capable of playing the video and it gives me a link to go to online to watch it, sending to my wives Nokia E71 the video doesnt arive!!!
    So O2 mess up MMS pictures and video doesnt work at all, why pay for unlimited data/texts is you cant use them :-(
    I talked to Palm last night and was told that we are limited to 600KB videos for text messages and 10 MB for email attachment.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I tried to view mine (sent as email to my computer) using quicktime and it only plays audio (just updated qt today).
    I sent 20 sec vid to my kids pixie via tex,,and she played it no prob.
    I cant send video. is this ever gonna change... i read this whole thread... cool if yur sending to pre's and pixi's, but others dont have these fones...

how about voice recorder? is it available?
    how about saving a video recieved?
    how about video WITH light?

i had the sprint LG fusic fone about 3 yrs back, recorded for ever.. max video able to send 51 sec... nice flash, recorded voice.. too bad it broke...
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY LU View Post
    I cant send video. is this ever gonna change... i read this whole thread... cool if yur sending to pre's and pixi's, but others dont have these fones...

how about voice recorder? is it available?
    how about saving a video recieved?
    how about video WITH light?

i had the sprint LG fusic fone about 3 yrs back, recorded for ever.. max video able to send 51 sec... nice flash, recorded voice.. too bad it broke...
    E-mailing a video seems to work fine. Doesn't have to be a Pre or Pixi.

Voice recorder:
    can do with Classic and the old Palm voice recorder; you can also use the video recorder for voice only if you don't mind the larger file size. News just posted on Precentral is that mic access in the APIs will be improving soon, so I would guess that we will see a native webOS voice memo recorder at some point.

Saving a video:
    Depends on the format. MP4 works fine, not currently able to handle WMV, MPG, or AVI and doesn't seem to be a way to save them from an e-mail attachment. You can download those from the web, however, and play them on your PC via USB.

Video with light:
    There's a patch for that. If you don't have Preware, check this link:
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I sent a 31 Sec 3.83M video to my wifes Treo 800WX & he phone said the file is too large. I hope Palm or Sprint sends a guide on how to send videos with no problems.
    I went 75 in a 50 zone and the cops told me I was too fast. I hope Dodge or the police sends a guide on how to drive with no problems.

Here's your guide: the MMS service has a filesize limit that's set by your individual carrier. Anything above that limit cannot be sent by MMS. Send via eMail instead, or use one of the other options that webOS provides - did you know that you can send your pictures and videos directly to, say, facebook or youtube? Try the upper-right forward arrow button in the video app to upload it to your platform of choice. Similarly in the photo app, where the same button is lodged in the lower left.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I went 75 in a 50 zone and the cops told me I was too fast. I hope Dodge or the police sends a guide on how to drive with no problems.

Here's your guide: the MMS service has a filesize limit that's set by your individual carrier. Anything above that limit cannot be sent by MMS. Send via eMail instead, or use one of the other options that webOS provides - did you know that you can send your pictures and videos directly to, say, facebook or youtube? Try the upper-right forward arrow button in the video app to upload it to your platform of choice. Similarly in the photo app, where the same button is lodged in the lower left.
    dude under 8 sec limit size... weak! why even bother with mms... email,... ********... facebook,..gay... youtube, maybe, but it takes tooo long...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    i've mms'd videos to verizon phones, and sprint palm pre's and I've never had an issue. the videos were 3 or 5 seconds long though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY LU View Post
    dude under 8 sec limit size... weak! why even bother with mms... email,... ********... facebook,..gay... youtube, maybe, but it takes tooo long...
    dude I know, go talk to your cellphone carrier.

On a different note, how old are you? I'd wager 16 at the most? Because you seem to want to use MMS because it's "cool" while email is "censored", so apparently your friends would frown upon that, makes you look like a square. I remember similar group dynamics from seventh grade, when whatever inferior fun stuff that popular kids did was cool, and everything else, even if it was better, uncool - because the cool kids didn't do it. You realize email is free while you're paying a lot of money for MMS, right? Or is that actually why using MMS is cool? (If you're much older, I apologize - I'm not trying to make you look stupid, I'm genuinely interested.)
    I was able to send 14 sec videos to my wifes pre via mms from my pre without problems. all sprint.
    I was able to send a 32 second video using the Messaging app to my brother on T-Mobile and he has a razor. Said the video came though fine and looked great on his phone.

Sprint user.
    I found that if the video is under around 900kbs it will send to verizon. So if I read this post right then if I send the video to someones phone through email using the phonenumber@vztext or whatever then I will be able to send large file sizes?
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12