Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    My Pre that I updated last night to 1.4 was working fine all day today until i was playing around with Quick Install which froze on me. I checked my Pre and it wasn't responding either so I unplugged the usb and restarted the phone.

My when I turn it back up, I see the "palm" logo then it flickers or fades away then shows right back up again. Looks like its in a reboot loop.

Help, how do I get out of it and load webOS or do a full restart?

I cant even plug in the usb to fire up webOS doctor...

I've taken out the battery multiply times no luck. I put it on the touchstone and it turns on to the restart loop... I have to take the battery out to turn it off.

Someone help please.

Thanks
    Try this

To put your phone in recovery mode:

1. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2. If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3. Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4. Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5. Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.

Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Sweet, when I get home I will try this.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Sweet, got it to work, running webOS Doctor now... Should of read the FAQs but appreciate the help Liberty
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    GRRRRR My Pre screen faded to black, and now I'm in a reboot loop. Had to pull the battery to turn it off. I attempted the actions in post #2, and that lets me get into WebOS Doctor 1.4.1.1 ok. But once the progress bar gets to 4%, the big USB symbol goes away and the phone goes back into the reboot loop. The progress bar gets up to 8% then stalls and says "Disconnected".

Any ideas or do I head back to the Sprint store?
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    GRRRRR My Pre screen faded to black, and now I'm in a reboot loop. Had to pull the battery to turn it off. I attempted the actions in post #2, and that lets me get into WebOS Doctor 1.4.1.1 ok. But once the progress bar gets to 4%, the big USB symbol goes away and the phone goes back into the reboot loop. The progress bar gets up to 8% then stalls and says "Disconnected".

You could have a faulty USB port on the phone if it is disconnecting out of the blue... But to test that try WebOS Doctor from another computer to make sure it is not the computer.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post

Sounds like the problem I was having when my USB cable died.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Ended up at the Sprint store, they're replacing under insurance. Thanks guys!
    I was viewing a video on my pre when it suddenly froze and went into an endless loop showing the logo.

I did the battery pull and waited etc.

I then decided to use the webos doctor. i held the volume button, inserted the battery and plugged in the usb cabel. I got the big USB icon. I then pressed next on the doctor and it started working. The bar gets to about 4%. At this point the icon on the pre changes from the USB icon to the Palm logo. I hear the "bling" from my laptop that indicates usb is connecting / disconnecting and then i get the "phone disconnected" message from the doctor at 8%. I also see that my pre is back in the reset loop.

I have tried using different cables and different computers and different usb ports and rebooting.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My pixi just started doing this today. Haven't been able to fix it yet :\
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    My pixi just started doing this today. Haven't been able to fix it yet :\
    Have you installed any Overclock Kernels recently?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    My volume button does not work how would i put it into revovery mode?
    I ran into the same issue. Mine eventually fixed itself after I put it on the touchstone for 20 minutes and did an activation bypass on another Pixi Plus. When I took the phone that wasn't working (and was previously in a continuous reboot cycle) off of the touchstone, I tried to power it on, and this time it booted. Then I was able to do an activation bypass.

I don't know why it started working again. It was already fulled charged. Worth a try though: put it on a touchstone or try AC power.

I posted the same response to another thread: tp-web-doctor-fails-4-endless-reboot-loop.html
    I just got the Palm Pre, and I did "delete data", I thought it was a "factory settings", and my phone is turned on and its done it, I chose the language and we constantly seek Palm profile. I did not have the profile and I made it, but still impossible to use the phone. offers me only two options,
    emergency calls
    , And telephone hand set, which means that enroll apn, username and password my network
    I do everything right and I type settings but will not connect to the web, I even changed the sim card, other networks, but still nothing. a both of sim cards are active and the other phones I have no problem with access to the web. what to do, the phone is unusable.
    When I go to an emergency call and enroll any number I can call and talk to me but when someone calls or sends sms the phone does not respond.
    If it is important to know the sim card that I have tried mtstelekom and Telenor Serbia.
    please some help.
    i tried with webos doctor and ewerythin is going fine and phone finished again same problems, chose language and pre is stocks bypalm profile. can bypass this? this is kiling meee. plizzzz