Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    every time i try to open preware after dl 1.4 it freeze's the phone and its the only card i have open i also get the critical memory thing. any help?
    run jstop if you already have it or install it through QI
    edit sorry, misread the op lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    delete preware and reinstall it (patch manager too)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    run jstop if you already have it or install it through QI
    jstop has some serious birth defects under 1.4. I suggest taking a look at it.
    question....i have installed 1.4 and the phone wont load preware. so i uninstalled it and now my quick installer isnt working either. i have my phone in devloper mode and i have it connected to the point where Ipkg Repository viewer and its stuck on Applications and loading list... but nothing every happens!?? please helpe
    what is jstop
    same here. Preware fails to load and critical memory issue with no other cards. Any solution?
  9.    #9  
    my hone is freezing like crazy now i can barely do anything with it i cant power it down only was is to take battery out and when it comes back on i get the memory critical message ad it freezes up
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Preware links to a whole bunch of different servers and several of them
    are just totally thrashed today because everyone here is trying to
    access them at once. That's why I decided to get everything
    updated last night middle of the night because I knew some of them
    would be all but dead today. It's not a Preware problem.
    Generally if you just fire it up, and go do something else for
    5 minutes, it'll eventually finish loading. I also always take out all the
    Theme feeds and such to speed things up.

ian
    i was having this problem, i solved it by turning off the feeds update on every open and it loads then. i set it to load feeds manually

i read somewhere where your supposed to turn off the feeds one at a time to see which one or ones are causing the problem.

i was just going to wait for an update as i dont have time to play with it as there are several feeds.

then again i am planning on drinking alone here in a bit, so maybe i will
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    5 minutes, it'll eventually finish loading.
    Do you know if this applies to the error stating that the package manager service isn't installed, when it really is (and phone has been rebooted)? It kind of alludes to the fact that if the service *is* installed, but the error still shows up, to make sure a good data connection exists.

I figure servers getting hammered are also the reason behind the GNU patch not actually downloading when I try to run WOSQI for the first time on my doctored phone.
  13.    #13  

ian
    ok maybe thats the case but what do i do bout my pre freezing right at start up and giving me the critical memory at startup
  14.    #14  
    need help cant do anything with phone ^

ian
    Well, it worked for me earlier today, but now it just freezes up before you even have the option of going in and disabling feeds individually.. It just freezes at "downloading feed information."
    i am having the same issue. I am at work so i cant do anything, but try to get wosqi up and remove the package manager service and preware app. Then reinstall. The service got an update today. I didnt update it Let me know if that works....or at least let me know if it makes it worse
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  17.    #17  
    some one has to know how to fix this or someone i can pm to get this fixed...
    Same thing happening to me...after 1.4, Preware freezes up while loading and I have to reboot my phone...then I get a Critical Low Memory error. AND all of my patches are gone despite doing the AUPT upgrades??? Ideas please?
  19.    #19  
    im with u on this one its either to late or ppl dont want to help or we just have to wait it out lol
    mine was freezing too after update. I restarted, removed all feeds except for patches, ran epr, restarted, updated to latest version of preware (I had 0.9.18) and it loaded! I never got a critical, was able to reapply or update all patches (some took multiple attempts but no more than three). I did this all at work without WOSQI. Hope this helps. good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast