Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It is so annoying. My phone is always saying "Application Update Now Available." But, there is no application that needs an update. Is there a fix for this. I just want my phone to say its up to date.
  2.    #2  
    Did I put this in the right section?
    There are 2 things that you can try:

1) Open the app catalog, click on the shopping bag and look for any app that needs updated, at the bottom there may be an update all button.

2) If that doesn't work, the problem is usually caused by an app that you previously had on your phone and then removed. That particular app gets updated and your phone still thinks you have it installed so you get the "update available" message.

The only way to fix it is to try and recall which app you recently removed, and then re-install it. You can then delete it pressing the orange button/tap app method.
  4.    #4  
    I can not figure out what software it could be. I have erase every single app off of my phone and it still does it. I ran webos doctor and it still does it. I chatted with support and they could not figure it out. After I ran webos doctor it load 2 apps I deleted weeks ago. I was hoping it was one of them causing the problem but nope. I am lost. So is support.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    I can not figure out what software it could be. I have erase every single app off of my phone and it still does it.
    Yes, that's the problem. It's some type of bug. You can erase the app from your phone, but the phone thinks it's still there.

Did you have a lot of apps installed? One of the apps that you previously removed was probably updated, so your phone tells you that there is an update available even though you had removed the app.

If it's not too much trouble, try re-installing all the apps that you previously had installed from the app catalog and that should take care of your problem.
    My Pre did the same thing. While checking the app catalog and AppScoop for recently deleted apps, I noticed that "Cardsender US" has an update to 1.1.3, while the version installed on my Pre was v1.1.0. This update would not show up under "My Applications", but after I deleted the old app and installed the updated version, the Update app says the phone is up to date. Hope this helps.
  7.    #7  
    I can not even begin to remember what apps I have had on my phone. I have tried a bunch. I know webos doctor does not work. This is a real annoying bug. Palm didn't have a clue on how to fix it. I erased every single app on my phone and it stills say I need an update even though there are no apps at all in the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If it's not too much trouble, try re-installing all the apps that you previously had installed from the app catalog and that should take care of your problem.
    Damn son.. that fixed it on my phone! Thanks Trekker!
  9.    #9  
    Well, I finally got elevated to level 3 tech support. There is no cure for the problem(unless you know every single app you have ever downloaded. The tech team is working on the problem. It seems to be a bug in the app catalog. They said it will be fixed in a future update. They just don't know when.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    Well, I finally got elevated to level 3 tech support. There is no cure for the problem(unless you know every single app you have ever downloaded. The tech team is working on the problem. It seems to be a bug in the app catalog. They said it will be fixed in a future update. They just don't know when.
    you can do a partial erase it should fix this issue for you ! it fixed my phone when an app got stuck loading and every time i tap on it or tried to cancel the download it would throw up the yellow triangle of death ha ha but its fixed now from the partial erase
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #11  
    I have done a partial and full erase. I also ran webos doctor. It won't fix it for me. Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Did you ever install Sudoku when it was free? If so, thats your problem.. And there are only two things you can do to fix the problem: 1) Buy the app or 2) Full erase of your phone and create a new Palm profile. Your Palm Profile has an app in it and is unaware that you deleted it from the phone.

There is nothing you can do on the phone itself to correct the issue -- the problem is in your Palm profile. That is where your app catalog downloads are stored. When the phone checks for updates, it pulls the apps you've downloaded, and their version numbers from your Palm Profile. It then checks the App Catalog to see if newer versions reside in the catalog - and offers you updates. At no point does it check what version is on your phone -- or if the app is even installed on your phone.

I went through this with Sudoku.. After purchasing about $50 worth of apps on my Palm Profile, there was no way I was going to create a new one. I sucked it up and paid the 2.99 for Sudoku, then it was able to apply the update, and the 'Application updates are available' message has never been seen again.

By the way -- if you want to check -- go to the App Catalog and search for 'Sudoku' -- if the catalog tells you there is an update -- you're stuck in the same situation as me. If you try to download that update, it will fail -- because you didn't pay for it. If the App Catalog gives you the option to purchase it for 2.99, then Sudoku isn't your problem.

I spoke with Palm about this.. They are unable to remove it from your Palm Profile. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

ALSO -- you can find out what app is causing the issue by doing a full erase on the device and then signing in to your Palm Profile -- the errant app should fail during the 'Synchronizing applications' stage.
    I've done FULL erases, Doctored 1.2.1, Doctored 1.3.5.1, etc. This problem persists despite wiping my phone. It must be in the App Catalog on Palm's side.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I've done FULL erases, Doctored 1.2.1, Doctored 1.3.5.1, etc. This problem persists despite wiping my phone. It must be in the App Catalog on Palm's side.
    When you did the full erase, when it went to restore your applications, did it show any of them as failed?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Did you ever install Sudoku when it was free? .
    It can be ANY app that you previously installed and then removed, not just Sudoku.
    I'm having this problem as well. I had it with 1.3.5.1, and found some weird ways to temporarily clear the error and show it as up to date, but since 1.4.0 I haven't been able to. Also, I did a full erase and doctored, and an app I deleted a while back showed back up and wanted to update. I updated it (it was a free app, not a paid one), and the error is still there.
    I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael2150 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to do.
    When did you first get it? If it was in the last few days, go through the recent section in the palm app catalogue and reinstall all the apps that you can remember installing in the past. After 5 downloads check the update app now to see if the problem has gones, if so you can now delete those reinstalled apps.
    Send me a PM with your palm profile email address. I can tell you what application is causing the problem you can then redownload it and you will have the latest version.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Send me a PM with your palm profile email address. I can tell you what application is causing the problem you can then redownload it and you will have the latest version.
    Would you mind if I recommend people PM you if they have this issue, as I seem to be seeing a few lately ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast