Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    As of 6:33 EST I spoke with A Verizon Technical support rep. He read me some information straight off of his computer that said that as of 12:01 this morning Verizon had released the 1.4 update to its customers. He then read that the update will not be available for us to download directly from our phones and that it would come to us as "the phone checks in with Verizon" which is every seven days. He stated that when the Phone "Calls Home" it would download the update over time and when it was done downloading I would receive a notification to install the software. I hope this helps all of the Verizon customers who are patiently ( and not so patiently) waiting.

The guy I spoke with didn't know about the update until he started looking searching in his computer for what I was telling him. He asked me to bear with him as he said it was the first time he had seen the information or had even heard there was an upgrade available.

This is all new to me so I thought I would just pass on the info I recceived as I have not seen this posted here yet. If it has been I am sorry for posting it again!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Verizon has some other pages on their website that say once it's released, manually checking for udpates should find it immediately. If you never run "check for updates" on your own, then it will check in every 7 days for you.

However, I still don't think anyone from Verizon has gotten it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    From the link below it sounds like you can manually download it as well:

h t t p ://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/pre_plus_upgrade.html
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have hit the upgrade button a few times today. I guess the best news I got from my conversation was that It has been released. Ill take it with a grain of salt. Im happy with my phone as it is but it is a little frustrating that others are getting it. I guess it will get here when it gets here
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Right now I have my first outdated new Phone.