Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used wifi,,gonna try 3g right now
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    really weird. I just sent a 20 sec video to myself (not through the video menu. I used the messaging app) and it went through! Sent as mp4...received as 3gp. Using Wifi (like I did before). Maybe Sprint is just being overwhelmed with all the videos being sent and convert some as they can.
    just sent my daughter's pixie a vidw wifi off and it worked
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yep same problem here. This is stupid. I just don't get it. I understand we waited so long to get such a basic thing for our phone so you would have thought it would have atleast been done right.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avlab View Post
    really weird. I just sent a 20 sec video to myself (not through the video menu. I used the messaging app) and it went through! Sent as mp4...received as 3gp. Using Wifi (like I did before). Maybe Sprint is just being overwhelmed with all the videos being sent and convert some as they can.
    I really hope that's the problem because I sent a 6 sec vid to myself anf it wasn't converted at all. Exact same quality and almost 2 mb.
    well I don't get it,,to me it's done right.everything works perfect.uploading is almost instant,and I send vids via wifi and mms with no trouble at all. Even sent a vid to a centro. So before anyone puts down the update you should try to figure out why it is not working for you. I have been reading boards and most people are having no trouble with this.
  7.    #27  
    It's got to be a patch or something interfering. I don't know what else it could be.
    Update:

After the reboot, video sent and received as mp4, and viewable for receiver. I was on wifi. Then I realized that I sent the videos that did not get converted from the camera app. The ones that did get converted was sent through the SMS/MMS app. So I tried again from the camera app, and it went through. I think the reboot solved my issue.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok...it's still really weird. I sent the same video to my two friends...one on Tmobile with an LG Vu and another on AT&T with an iPhone 3GS. They do not receive it and I get a message from Sprint saying it may not be received because of size restrictions (or something like that). I send it again to myself and it goes through...this time without Wifi. I'm on EV with 3 of 5 bars. I'll try sending to my wife right now who also has a Pre. Before, it would get to her uncompressed and she could not open it (getting the message that it was too large to view). Will edit after I get the outcome.

Edit: Video sent to my wife's Pre was successfully received and converted to 3gp! Wonder why it wont get to my friends on other carriers.
    Last edited by Avlab; 02/27/2010 at 09:07 PM.
    I'm having trouble sending videos to my husband. Earlier today he received the video to big message. I've been trying to send another smaller video and he gets the video but it's as a picture, the video just doesn't play. When I send it back to myself from his phone it will play again on mine as a video.

All his friends can send him videos and they work fine, for some reason it's just my videos. I have sent them on wifi, off wifi (3g with a good signal) I have the Pre he has the Samsung instinct. I know he needs a better phone, but lets not bring that subject up to my DH. The store only had one Pre in stock when we both got our phones, he decided to let me have the
    pre and instead of waiting for his own Pre he took the instinct. (bad choice that he regrets to this day)

I'm thinking everyone is playing and sending videos, Sprint is loaded down, or in my case maybe it's not compatible.

btw I did also reboot my phone, that didn't work either. I'm also not really getting the full app store. (don't get anything under explore) so things are a little weird.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12