Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    19943 Rinaldi Street, Northridge, CA‎ - (818) 363-5854‎
    They lat me play with PRe even before it was put on display (Official start of phone sale was 2 days later) Enough knowledge to show how it works. No pressure to get Android. Actually the opposite. He got me both phones powered and we run through apps to see how it looks on both. I liked Pre better (gestures and all)
    Great Hk,
    Seems like you would rate the store a 5 on each count (display, knowledge, and effort), does that seem right?
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    *edit* I did find this much out. The average VZW sales rep, at a good store, can make $500 a month commission. Used to be higher, they restructured a couple of years back so they don't pay the employees so much. That $500 is for everything you sell.......phones, accessories, plans, the works. If this guy in the example is at an average store, I'm fairly sure I'm right. He didn't lose all that much on Palm, he lost his money on everything he sold.
    That is laughable. Anyone who makes less than $1000 in commission is next up on the chopping block.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    He went on to explain that Verizon sales people get money deducted from their checks for every phone that gets returned that they sold.

I replied in a text "yeah, right"
    He said "that's what I thought, until one of them showed me their check and there was a "returned phone deduction" spot on there and the guy lost out on $350"
    Reading this anecdote makes me want to buy a Droid, then take it back a week later and demand to exchange it for a Pre instead.

Except I don't want to switch to Verizon.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Now that people are beginning to hear about the Pre, this thread is meant to capture a snapshot over the next period of how Verizon stores are selling the Pre. This thread is not meant to bash stores or employees but to provide specifics so as to be of maximum help.

I've created a simple 3 part format. Sticking to the format will increase the odds of your rating being the most helpful, there is also a place for comments at the bottom. Please create a separate post for each store. Please also include the address of the store.

I. Address

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5 (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. Display (ie is it easily accessible and nicely done compared to the other smartphones)?
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi (ie does he/she know the basics of messaging, phone, email, multitasking)
    C. Sales effort (i.e.does the salesperson appear enthusiastic when talking to customers about Palm, does she/he seem to "like" the phone?)

III. Comments

EXAMPLE

I. Address: 1168 Broadway, NYC

II.
    A. Display: 5
    B. Knowledge:3
    C Effort: 1

comments: a young mom and husband fingered the curve and then the mom saw the Palm, exclaimed "palm" and her eyes lit up (I showed her the phone). When the Verizon salesperson came over, the sales person led her to the Droid and was very animated. Finally, they walked over the curve. The salesperson never went to the Palm display at all.
    I. Kiosk inside Roseville, CA Galleria Mall (new kiosk inside the Promenade)

II.
    A: Display - 3 It was no better or worse than any of the other phones, but probably what you would expect from a kiosk

B: Knowledge - 4 The guy knew how to browse web, demonstrated multi-tasking and universal search. Did not know how to edit video, he had to guess.

C: Effort - 4 Did not try to steer me one way or another. I had asked about the Pre and he showed it to me. He did make an effort to sell me on VZW service but wasn't pushing the Pre specifically. He was explaining to me the pricing and potential of discounts if I worked for a major corporation.

Comments: When I asked him what kind of phone he had, he told me he used a droid (shocking right?). He said at first he was unsure about the Palm Pre, but Palm sent a rep out to show him the basics of the phone and after that he understood it a little more and was comfortable showing it to people. He made sure to tell me the differences between the Pre+ and the original Pre...probably was trying to sway me from Sprint.
    Hey, while we are crabbing about Verizon, how many of you have submitted a user review on Verizon/Sprint and Amazon.com

Do you realize that only the MotoDroid has a higher user rating than the Palm Pre Plus on verizonwireless.com?

Have you forgotten the power of user reviews on CNET, Amazon, etc?

Let's all post factual reviews about what we like. The occasional negative posts seem to all contain incorrect information (they return the phone because it is missing a feature that they were just too stupid to find...).

Do your part. Show Palm the power and value of their user communities by submitting user reviews every place that will let you post...
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    149 Marketplace Blvd. Hamilton Marketplace Shopping
    Hamilton, NJ. 08691

Rating: 3

Palm was directly to the right of the doorway and easily accesible, not many accessories. Still had the mail-in rebate offer.

My husband was looking at the Droid, I wanted the Pre. It was buy one get one and I thought it was across different phones. When the sales guy said it wasn't, my husband was ready to walk out and I was upset (good cop bad cop), so the guy asked the manager if we could do it with one Droid and one Pre and he said yes. So that, I thought was good. He asked me why I wanted the Pre and asked if I was a Pre owner already and said that is usually why people get the Pre, because they already have one and love it..overall, not much effort on his part but he knew how to set mine up and seemed knowledgable enough on it. Didn't push either way for phones. We actually had to chase him down for attention.

Overall, we were happy with the experience (since they let us have the buy one get one offer with two different phones). Driods and Pres/Pixis are at opposite ends of store, but Pre/Pixi was right up front and Droids were buried in corner and kind of beat up.
    How many nights did hubby have to spend on the couch because he wasn't smart enough to buy himself the Pre? -grin-
    Address - 2530 Wilshire Boulevard, Santa Monica - (310) 828-1279

A. Display was in the corner of the store away from all the other cell phones and wouldn’t even turn on, they were on the touchstone turned completely off.

B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi I asked about the pre and why it was off and he said the battery isn’t charged, I then said the touchstone should be charging it and he said no its just a stand -_-

C. Sales effort - told me I should buy a droid then I showed off my SPRINT PRE and all the features with multitasking and cards and he was amazed like he’s never seen it before (good job Verizon on your training)

II.
    A. Display: 0
    B. Knowledge:0
    C Effort: 0

This was the third day the pre plus was out on Verizon, I would think they would get their act together and have everything set up in a couple hours yet alone 3 days.

It looks more like I might of sold a pre plus to the verizon employee when it should be the other way around!
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I. Address: Beaverton, OR

II.
    A. Display: 3 (mid store, blending into the sea of phones)
    B. Knowledge: 0 (assumed - since he did not offer any information)
    C Effort: -5

As I said in another thread - I walked in asked to buy (not look at, buy) a Pre. With no further information, the salesman decided "what you really want is a Droid"

Glad I had researched things before hand and knew exactly what I did want....a different salesman!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    I. Address: Beaverton, OR

II.
    A. Display: 3 (mid store, blending into the sea of phones)
    B. Knowledge: 0 (assumed - since he did not offer any information)
    C Effort: -5

As I said in another thread - I walked in asked to buy (not look at, buy) a Pre. With no further information, the salesman decided "what you really want is a Droid"

Glad I had researched things before hand and knew exactly what I did want....a different salesman!
    Pitxitxita, do you know what street the store was on? I think there are at least 2 Verizon stores in Beaverton.

Palm said on the earnings call that the most important thing they are doing now to drive sales is to focus on store training, so keep these ratings going and you will be doing much to help the Pre, good job!
    Ouch, 24 hours and no updates. Have we run out of stores? Verizon still needs to be held accountable.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    I went on a little adventure today. I visited two Verizon stores in Northeast Ohio to check Palm's pulse. What I found really made me, well, angry. At each store, I told the CSR that I had a Blackberry Curve from work, but my wife wanted a smartphone for her birthday.

Store #1 was really a mall Kiosk that had live phone models. I actually told the CSR my wife liked the Pre and asked for her opinion. The CSR's response: It's OK, but she wouldn't recommend it. She then proceeded to show me a Droid. She showed me an App on the Droid that allowed her to store her grocery store rewards card bar code on the phone. She said it would help her become a "super mom." I asked if the Pre could do something similar? Answer: No the Palm phones barely have any Apps and the Apps they have couldn't do stuff like the Droid. (WOG Card Keeper).

Store #2 - This time I just played dum, but gave the same story that my wife wanted a smartphone. Jessica (the CSR) showed me where the smartphones were located. No Palm in sight. I asked if this was all the smartphones? Answer: Yes. I asked her about the Palm phones? (the Pixi & Pre were by themselves where no one could really even see them). Her response: They are kind-of like smartphones but not like the Droids and Blackberry. She asked if my wife liked Facebook and she showed me Facebook on a BB Tour. I asked if the Palm phones had any access to Facebook? Answer: No. They are windows based. They are only for spread sheets and stuff like that.

What the hell VZW!
    I made th above post in another thread on Feb 27th.

Store #1 was in Westfield Belden Village Mall Canton, OH.

II.
    A. Display: 3
    B. Knowledge:1

Store #2 was 4809 Dressler Road Northwest, Canton, OH 44718.

II.
    A. Display: 1
    B. Knowledge:0

Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    It has been a good day for Palm . . I just walked into a VZW while my wife was shopping.The CSR I spoke to recommended Palm! Over the Droid! She was great. Told me all about how WebOs worked!!!
    Went into this store on March 15th. It is located outside Canton Center Mall, Canton, Ohio (could not find the address).

II.
    A. Display: 4
    B. Knowledge:5
    C Effort: 5
    Last edited by PreJamison; 03/19/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    I agree. I have posted on all the sites.

amazon.com
    bestbuy.com
    verizon.com
    sprint.com

go review your phone

Help palm
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
  13.    #93  
    anyone walked into a Verizon store recently?
  14.    #94  
    581 Broadway NYC (soho)

1 display
    1 knowledge
    1 effort

receives a 1 on all counts because did not even tell new smartphone user about Palm, only mentioned Droid and Blackberry Storm to her. Luckily the user is a friend of mine and called me afterwards for advice.
    I. Address

Westfield Franklin Park Mall
    5001 Monroe St
    Toledo, Oh 43623

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5 (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. Display 5 easy to find, and they fixed the display (no twist tie across the face of the phone anymore)
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi 0
    C. Sales effort 0 he immediately tried steering me to blackberry storm, I later caught him doing the same with someone else who obviously had come in to ask about pre

III. Comments

out to the mall again, wanted to see the change in attitude first hand

to my surprise, the verizon kiosk (corporate kiosk) had moved from the intersection of the two main concourses...still near there, but down a ways, and to my other surprise, they had 2 guys who I've not seen there before (maybe I got those other guys fired?)

so, straight up to the booth, act like I'm looking for something (I already know where the pre is)...I don't want to say the guy's name here, let's just call him A (first name initial), asked me if he could help me find something

weellll....oh! here it is! this is that new palm phone, isn't it? "yeah"

is this a good phone? (I was quite disappointed at his response) "I've got mixed feelings about it" (with a definate negative tone in his voice)

why's that? "I like blackberry better" (loser!)

really? does blackberry multi-task?(as I was playing with icons and such on the screen) "uh, no" oh, wait! this just said something about wi-fi...does blackberry have that? "no, no wifi"

if it has less features, why do you like it better? "I don't know, I just like it better, I guess" (such compelling sales spill!)

oh, is this the blackberry you're talking about? "yeah, it's the best phone out there" (the storm is like a phone or two down from pre)

oh, I see, this has that hokey virtual keyboard...what makes this a better phone? "I just like it better...do you know when you're able to upgrade?" about a month "well I can check the exact date for you" that's ok, it's about a month

do you have a card? "sure!" hands me his card, I turn it over right in front of him, take my pen from inside jacket pocket, mark D- and circle it, deposit pen and card into pocket and say "thanks, A"

take a lap around the mall...including the 41 steps up to the movie theatre...and around the rest of the mall, then as I'm heading back towards the kiosk, I see a couple standing by the pre display with a shocked look on their face (puts me in mind that the conversation was similar to the one I had just had)...as I walk nearer, I clearly hear A telling them "I just want to make sure I get you into the right phone" gesturing towards the storm

I did the old sales manager trick of maneuvering near to the phones faking like I'm looking at one in order to evesdrop, A can tell what I'm doing, so starts talking in a hushed tone, but I can tell by the customer's body language that they're not buying anything he's saying now...they came to hear about the pre, he steered them to something they didn't want to see and lost credibility, which will always equal "no sale"

I hung out for a long moment, then moved on down the concourse to the food court. I know I can always eat better for less elsewhere, but there's just something about mall food....

so I finish eating and decide to take one last lap and see how my guys are doing

both reps are standing idle as a customer comes up with phone in hand (looks like maybe a service issue?)...A sees them, but also sees me coming, so he jumps on the customer to avoid possible confrontation

I stroll past the other side of the kiosk and ask the other rep, quite directly "when's the last time the palm rep was here?"

(thinking)"I think, maybe a couple weeks ago there was one here"...thinking again "why do you ask?"

"just curious" "you know, they have mystery shoppers that stop by pretty regular, too"

"palm? I don't think so..verizon does, but not palm" "I think they both do" I replied...he shrugged like "oh well" but didn't say anything and I walked on

looks like they need remedial training at this location
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Ouch, 24 hours and no updates. Have we run out of stores? Verizon still needs to be held accountable.
    Interesting. I just posted a store critique and it doesn't show. Does it take a while to clear the moderator or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by primemeridian View Post
    Interesting. I just posted a store critique and it doesn't show. Does it take a while to clear the moderator or something?
    I'll repost. Pardon if this is a duplicate.

I. Address
    Westfield Franklin Park Mall
    5001 Monroe St
    Toledo, Ohio 43623

A. Display 5 the pre is easy to find and has been fixed. no more twist tie over the face of the phone
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi 1
    C. Sales effort 1 immediately steered me to bb storm

III. Comments
    I've been shopping this location for a while with negative results. Was anxious to see the improvement. The old reps had all come to know me, so it's been a few weeks. There were 2 completely different reps there today who didn't know me. I acted like I was looking for a phone, rep asked me if he could help me find something about the time I found the pre "oh! this is the new palm phone isn't it?" "yes, it is" "is it any good?" "I have mixed feelings", he said with a negative tone.

why's that? "I like blackberry better" (loser!)

really? does blackberry multi-task?(as I was playing with icons and such on the screen) "uh, no" oh, wait! this just said something about wi-fi...does blackberry have that? "no, no wifi"

if it has less features, why do you like it better? "I don't know, I just like it better, I guess" (such compelling sales spill!)

oh, is this the blackberry you're talking about? "yeah, it's the best phone out there" (the storm is like a phone or two down from pre)

oh, I see, this has that hokey virtual keyboard...what makes this a better phone? "I just like it better...do you know when you're able to upgrade?" about a month "well I can check the exact date for you" that's ok, it's about a month

do you have a card? "sure!" hands me his card, I turn it over right in front of him, take my pen from inside jacket pocket, mark D- and circle it, deposit pen and card into pocket and say "thanks, (name)"

after a lap around the mall, I noticed a couple at the pre display talking with the same rep, with a shocked look on their face (puts me in mind that the conversation was similar to the one I had just had)...as I walk nearer, I clearly hear A telling them "I just want to make sure I get you into the right phone" gesturing towards the storm

I did the old sales manager trick of maneuvering near to the phones faking like I'm looking at one in order to evesdrop, A can tell what I'm doing, so starts talking in a hushed tone, but I can tell by the customer's body language that they're not buying anything he's saying now...they came to hear about the pre, he steered them to something they didn't want to see and lost credibility, which will always equal "no sale"

I stayed for a long moment, then left to eat. After I finished, I came back by to see how my guys were doing.

both reps are standing idle as a customer comes up with phone in hand (looks like maybe a service issue?)...the first rep sees them, but also sees me coming, so he jumps on the customer to avoid possible confrontation

I stroll past the other side of the kiosk and ask the other rep, quite directly "when's the last time the palm rep was here?"

(thinking)"I think, maybe a couple weeks ago there was one here"...thinking again "why do you ask?"

"just curious" "you know, they have mystery shoppers that stop by pretty regular, too"

"palm? I don't think so..verizon does, but not palm" "I think they both do" I replied...he shrugged like "oh well" but didn't say anything and I walked on

looks like they need remedial training at this location
    4122 Lima Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46805

Display - 5: although not the first thing you see in the store, there are 3 different stations. each spot has a working pre and pixi. people constantly walking up to them to check them out

Salesperson - 5: new exactly how to use all the gestures and was upset that she couldnt get one as she just got the blackberry curve 8530

Sales effort - 4: in no way pushed me toward a specific phone, and asked exactly what i was looking for. after telling her i was there for the pre started to give a very positive review and push me into the final sale of it.

Comments: Was generally surprised by overall experience. All reps asked what each person was looking for in a phone and really took the time to explain everything about each of them. Not a single rep pushed any specific phone and seemed to really care about the customer. After sale reps gave business cards and told people to call them later that day if they had any problems and they would take care of them as soon as possible.
    I went into a verizon store and played with a pre model that was near the entrance! It was almost shocking because the last time I went, it was towards the back. This time it was right next to the droid.

also, a young female came into purchase a phone. After playing with the droid and pre, she told the salesman that she wanted the pre. The salesman went straight to discussing phone plans. It was nice to see that he wasn't shoving down the droid even though the person has already mad a decision.

I know we've all read terrible things regarding the pre in verizon stores, but there is some good out there.

Location was Newport Mall, in Jersey City. It was an official Verizon store, not an authorized dealer type kiosk.

BTW, I'm a sprint user who was just checking out the Plus.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Store: East Hanover, NJ (Route 10 East)

I was waiting for a friend who was running late for the golf range, so I dropped by a VzW store.

Played dumb. Said my gf was thinking about getting her first smartphone. Saleman got me a device specialist. But boy was she a dummy. I gave her every opportunity to give me details on each smartphone (besides BlackBerry). She talked about how the Droid was amazing and how it's their flagship phone. And how it has tons of free apps.

I told her my GF asked about Palm from a TV commercial. She was dumb again. She had no idea about the multi-tasking (didn't even call it that, had to correct her). Not a single mention of the Mobile HotSpot (until I mentioned it). And then she had no idea that MHS is now free. Moreover, never talked about 3D games, notifications, NOTHING. I swear, it got me real heated.

She walked away and I stayed a lil bit to play with the Palm Pre. Made it bright and DLed a bunch of free apps (like facebook, grooveshark, Pandora)

People, I will honestly go into every VzW store on my weekends and preach this phone. Where do I go apply? All I need is a Palm Pre Plus to rock and I'll preach to the stars for this phone. No money, just a Palm Pre Plus.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast