Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    "That's like putting a cool shifter knob on a Pinto and that makes it better?"

I love the Pinto analogy. I haven't heard that one in a long, long time. LOL
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Let me preface this by saying, my wife is the one who has a pre plus(my upgrade doesn't come until this summer and i use a blackberry currently) and i bought it online to avoid the dreaded mail in rebate, and these comments are in regards to the two trips to the vzw store: first to show her the available phones she could upgrade to (from her bb 8830), the 2nd to service to replace her pre plus which was within its 30 days and the screen was loose from imo her dropping it (although she denies it)

I. Hooper Ave VZW Store Toms River, NJ

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5 (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. 4: display for palm is pretty good, on par with blackberry and droid offerings
    [I][I][I]
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi :

1; salesperson couldnt figure out webos, clearly had no training on it (granted this was day after release and could be better now

C. Sales effort (i.e.does the salesperson appear enthusiastic when talking to customers about Palm, does she/he seem to "like" the phone?)

1 first trip to show her the pre/droid/droid eris/curve 2 to decide from the salesperson did about everything he could to talk her into buying the droid, he pulled out his own droid and when i asked him to demonstrate the pre for her he literally had no idea what he was doing (i will say that this was the day after the pre plus launched). i told him that while she might be interested in the droid that his description of it was misleading as 1) no, it is not "far superior" to the iphone 2) it doesn't look "really awesome" and 3) no, its not "by far the best phone verizon has ever offered. he was kind of offended by my response and just left us alone as i stated whatever we bought it would be from the vzw website.

comments: 2nd visit to vzw was because my wife's pre was damaged, the service person was nice about replacing it, but if he was indicative of verizons attitude toward the pre, its not good. he first tried to see if wanted to replace the phone with something else, or pay $50 to updgrade to a droid. he said that he "has never liked palm, and the pre looks cool but the droid makes it look bad in comparison." i said that my wife loves it and i really like it to and unless a new webos phone comes out soon (or the iphone magically appears on verizon) that i plan on upgrading to it this summer. he muttered something to the effect of, good for you. later in our conversation while he was filling out all the replacement forms he did conceded that the pre plus was a great phone, that was "almost" as good as the droid but that he disliked the treo etc and thats why he was so sour on palm. he went further in saying that the consensus (in that store at least) was that had the pre been on verizon from the beginning and been a "verizon, not sprint phone" they would be selling it harder and had probably would their marquee phone, not the droid.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I just purchased a new Pre from the Verizon store on Thomasville Road by Bannerman in Tallahassee, FL

A. Display: 2
    B. Knowledge:4
    C Effort: 5

I had a very good experience with a rep who was using a Pre as his office phone and was very happy with it. The display they had was OK, but not near as prominent as the Droid and Blackberry.

The best part was that I was expecting to pick up 2 Pre's for a $149.95 (BOGO), but they had dropped the price to $49.95 !! I am assuming this is a Verizon price so NOW is the time to get that new phone!
    Oddly enough there was a Palm rep when I first went to check one out. The pixi was not working so he let me use his personal one to look out. Cool guy and was very helpful. Checked out the Droid and a few other phones.

The next time I went in I was basically getting a pressure sales pitch on the Droid and the rep was clearly negative toward the pre plus. I personally try to avoid going into Verizon stores and dealing with the sales reps. I do my own research and usually know more about the phones I'm interested in than they do. I know other people solely count on the reps advice when getting a new phone, which makes them very influential on what phones will be pushed and sold.

Ended up just buying my phone online as usual. Way easier and stress free.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Oddly enough there was a Palm rep when I first went to check one out. The pixi was not working so he let me use his personal one to look out. Cool guy and was very helpful. Checked out the Droid and a few other phones.

The next time I went in I was basically getting a pressure sales pitch on the Droid and the rep was clearly negative toward the pre plus. I personally try to avoid going into Verizon stores and dealing with the sales reps. I do my own research and usually know more about the phones I'm interested in than they do. I know other people solely count on the reps advice when getting a new phone, which makes them very influential on what phones will be pushed and sold.

Ended up just buying my phone online as usual. Way easier and stress free.
    Peterules:
    thanks for the input.
    Do you have the address for the verizon store?
    I assume you are giving a "1" rating for all 3 measures--display, sales knowledge and sales effort, is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I am pretty confused with this post First of all, you gave them your phone number and got mad at them for using it.

You criticized them for not knowing anything about the phone, when they got a training rep in obviously to show reps and customers how to use it, you criticize them for letting you know and inviting you to it. Mind you, they aren't SELLING it to you, they are providing it free of charge, I've gotten these texts before too....I appreciated their effort.

You frequent their store so I am guessing if you've been there before they would easily assume it's not that big a deal for you to take the trip back, should they start logging in your travel and vacation habits?

I hope I never have to deal with you on a customer service capacity with you being a customer of mine. You are one that I don't think could ever be satisfied under any circumstances. Recognize when a company is trying to improve, and if you don't care about it....move on and get over yourself. I read enough complaints about legitimate problems with customer service.
    This is NOT a store a frequent!! This is a store that is over 1.5 hours from my home..have NEVER been there!! And NO, I did NOT give the store that contacted me my number...they trolled thru lists & solicited me!!
    Im in California, but I will say nobody was rude. The guy I talked to besides the Palm rep of coarse was just all about the Droid. He recommended it over the palm and just was pushy about it. I heard him doing that with another customer as well. In my case I really don't need anyone's approval. I know what I am interested in. I mainly have account questions for the reps when I go in and they can always answer my questions.

II. On Palm specifically
    A. Display: 2.5 (had one, but the droid phones where places around the store in multiple locations)
    B. Knowledge:1
    C Effort: 1
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    149 Marketplace Blvd. Hamilton Marketplace Shopping
    Hamilton, NJ. 08691

Rating: 3

Palm was directly to the right of the doorway and easily accesible, not many accessories. Still had the mail-in rebate offer.

My husband was looking at the Droid, I wanted the Pre. It was buy one get one and I thought it was across different phones. When the sales guy said it wasn't, my husband was ready to walk out and I was upset (good cop bad cop), so the guy asked the manager if we could do it with one Droid and one Pre and he said yes. So that, I thought was good. He asked me why I wanted the Pre and asked if I was a Pre owner already and said that is usually why people get the Pre, because they already have one and love it..overall, not much effort on his part but he knew how to set mine up and seemed knowledgable enough on it. Didn't push either way for phones. We actually had to chase him down for attention.

Overall, we were happy with the experience (since they let us have the buy one get one offer with two different phones). Driods and Pres/Pixis are at opposite ends of store, but Pre/Pixi was right up front and Droids were buried in corner and kind of beat up.
    Thanks to the community for this thread.

This feedback is being actively looked at by Palm.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Thanks to the community for this thread.

This feedback is being actively looked at by Palm.
    Great. Peterules (and others), if you have an address or at least name of the street where the store is located, might be helpful to Palm, they could send a rep there for instance.
    Keep the info coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by tallarob View Post
    I just purchased a new Pre from the Verizon store on Thomasville Road by Bannerman in Tallahassee, FL

A. Display: 2
    B. Knowledge:4
    C Effort: 5

I had a very good experience with a rep who was using a Pre as his office phone and was very happy with it. The display they had was OK, but not near as prominent as the Droid and Blackberry.

The best part was that I was expecting to pick up 2 Pre's for a $149.95 (BOGO), but they had dropped the price to $49.95 !! I am assuming this is a Verizon price so NOW is the time to get that new phone!
    wait, really?? has anyone else seen this offer? am going to bring it up with them when i go today!
    oh wow its $79.99 online now.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetroubles View Post
    oh wow its $79.99 online now.
    In that case, can I return my phone (that I paid 150 for + rebate) pay the $35 restocking and get another one?
    Quote Originally Posted by konradac@gmail.com View Post
    In that case, can I return my phone (that I paid 150 for + rebate) pay the $35 restocking and get another one?
    Probably not, but if you're within, I think, 30 days, you can ask the store to credit you the difference (or Sprint or Verizon directly). Sprint did that for me when I bought my Treo for $199, and the price dropped to $99 literally a half hour after the UPS guy dropped it off to me. Price protection, you just have to ask for it.
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I ordered last week when it was 99.99 (I had 50.00 new every two also) and noticed it had dropped 20.00 today. I called Verizon and they instantly credited 20.00 to my account. It was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by konradac@gmail.com View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    I ordered last week when it was 99.99 (I had 50.00 new every two also) and noticed it had dropped 20.00 today. I called Verizon and they instantly credited 20.00 to my account. It was easy.
    Sweet thanks guys I will call them in a bit!
    I. Address
    el paseo de saratoga
    San Jose/Campbell CA

II.
    A. Display: 0

There was no pre/pixi on display any where in the store. No posters or anything to show that Palm products are sold here. Only when i asked about the pre plus did the rep get a box piece from a cabinet and it was a non activated phone

B. Knowledge:0
    Well, They didn't have a phone, obviously havent used one. Both reps did say that it was more a business phone and that the Droid would be a better phone for me. Had no knowledge about multitasking, synergy nor the app catalog

C Effort: 0.5

Though they kept pushing me towards the droid, they didn't say anything negative about the pre.

But i did get my Pre plus. Ordered it online
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I. Address: Pocono Crossing Store, Richmond, VA Two different visits one for a pre, next for a Pixi
    II. A. Display - display was the same both times. It was upfront in the store on the left as you enter. Phones were working so you could play with them. I'd rate the display a 4.

B. Knowledge: Pre salesperson was decent and was able to show me basic functionality. Pixi salesperson was not knowledgeable. We spent so long there with the Pixi salesperson that I got her talking about how they got trained on the Pre. She said it was about 20 verizon reps in training together but they would only have 3-4 phones for the group so they didn't get much hands on time with the phones (we were talking specifically about the palm products). rating for visit 1: 3 rating for visit 2: 1

C. Effort: Since I knew what I wanted in both cases the salesperson didn't have to do much. Effort for sales reps therefore was really n/a. Neither talked up the phone but neither bashed it either. The store manager came over both visits. First visit tried to talk me into a Droid. When I said I wanted I Palm he asked me why. (Are incentives higher for the Droid than the pre/pixi pluses?). That first night I did not take advantage of the BOGO offer, but when I came back within 30 days to do so, the same manager said "see I told you you should have gotten the second one (I got the Pixi instead of a second pre) that first time" (which of course is not at all what happened the first time ) Just wanting the phone and not an argument I just smiled.
    Last edited by lware14; 03/11/2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: adding a rating to II B.
    19943 Rinaldi Street, Northridge, CA‎ - (818) 363-5854‎
    They lat me play with PRe even before it was put on display (Official start of phone sale was 2 days later) Enough knowledge to show how it works. No pressure to get Android. Actually the opposite. He got me both phones powered and we run through apps to see how it looks on both. I liked Pre better (gestures and all)
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast