Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    4950 Monticello Avenue
    Williamsburg, VA 23188

Display: 2
    Salesperson: 0
    Effort: 0

Comment:
    Display was standard, but nothing impressive, focus appeared to be more on "android" type units.

Salesperson readily admitted "they" knew nothing about "a Palm" & asked to see mine. (I was returning a "universal case" I purchased online.) I proceeded to show the salesperson the many features of the Pre Plus!! He was impressed & I left my name/number for anyone who might be interested or had questions. Also recommended this forum for any who purchased a Pre/Pixi. I recognize it would almost be impossible to know everything there is to know about a particular type of phone or brand, but Verizon reps are are virtually clueless about any Palm product & have been for years.

Frankly, I am tired of the arrogant attitude shown by the sales reps @ my local Verizon. They constantly act as if "they" are doing "me" a favor!! The tech support have been much better & are very accomodating.

Of note, I received a voicemail on my cell regarding "an important meeting which I needed to attend". Perplexed by the message, I returned the call; I was told I was to attend this meeting to "learn how to use my new device"!!

1. I live over 70 miles from this store!! What???
    2. I asked "how" the sales rep obtained my name/number? Was advised his manager had instructed them to "run a report on all Pre Plus purchasers". I promptly asked to speak to the manager who actually ran the report. I asked if this was a "corporate decision" & he said "No, it was my idea!" Guess what? I ADVISED him that I was on a "DO NOT Solicit" list with Verizon & he, as a Verizon manager had violated my specific request to corporate. Also, he fraudulently obtained my personal information as I live over 90 minutes away from his store!! He proceeded to tell me "all" that I needed to know about my Palm Pre & then I whipped it on him....letting him know of my understanding of the unit....even though it is limited, it was far greater than his! I then contacted corporate Verizon & advised them of the situation.

Oh, and btw, I was on VACATION when they called me...great!!!! Idiots!
    Ok, we need to send our information to someone at verizon that will actually do something about it. Any contacts guys/gals?
    Verizon stores themselves will be fairly useless on that, they have to go through corporate ladders. A better bet is to go through a licensed reseller........I know the guy who owns the Wireless Zone franchises here in town, drummer in a band I work with. The manager that ****ed me off, I didn't bother with a Verizon store, I went to Bill, he got the message to somebody higher up the ladder from the get go. Not sure that's why the manager got replaced, but I bet it helped.

Something to keep in mind, anyway. Alternate route.
    13th Street and 3rd ave
    NYC, NY

Display: 0
    I went in to buy a case for my pre plus. Said he had no palm products. Said cost too much and he doesnt like them He said palm screwed up with Treo, I said this is not same management. He was stubborn and annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    4950 Monticello Avenue
    Williamsburg, VA 23188

Display: 2

Comment:
    Display was standard, but nothing impressive, focus appeared to be more on "android" type units.

Salesperson readily admitted "they" knew nothing about "a Palm" & asked to see mine. (I was returning a "universal case" I purchased online.) I proceeded to show the salesperson the many features of the Pre Plus!! He was impressed & I left my name/number for anyone who might be interested or had questions. Also recommended this forum for any who purchased a Pre/Pixi. I recognize it would almost be impossible to know everything there is to know about a particular type of phone or brand, but Verizon reps are are virtually clueless about any Palm product & have been for years.

Frankly, I am tired of the arrogant attitude shown by the sales reps @ my local Verizon. They constantly act as if "they" are doing "me" a favor!! The tech support have been much better & are very accomodating.

Of note, I received a voicemail on my cell regarding "an important meeting which I needed to attend". Perplexed by the message, I returned the call; I was told I was to attend this meeting to "learn how to use my new device"!!

2. I asked "how" the sales rep obtained my name/number? Was advised his manager had instructed them to "run a report on all Pre Plus purchasers". I promptly asked to speak to the manager who actually ran the report. I asked if this was a "corporate decision" & he said "No, it was my idea!" Guess what? I ADVISED him that I was on a "DO NOT Solicit" list with Verizon & he, as a Verizon manager had violated my specific request to corporate. Also, he fraudulently obtained my personal information as I live over 90 minutes away from his store!! He proceeded to tell me "all" that I needed to know about my Palm Pre & then I whipped it on him....letting him know of my understanding of the unit....even though it is limited, it was far greater than his! I then contacted corporate Verizon & advised them of the situation.

Wow, overreaction? So they wanted to make sure you understood the phone. How about, no thanks I'm all set? Instead you turn into badcustomerzilla? Yikes.... Give the guy a break. He was trying to help. Boo Hoo you took a call on vacation.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Wow, overreaction? So they wanted to make sure you understood the phone. How about, no thanks I'm all set? Instead you turn into badcustomerzilla? Yikes.... Give the guy a break. He was trying to help. Boo Hoo you took a call on vacation.
    Actually, I'd be pretty thrilled if my sales rep called me to see how I was getting along with my purchase. I used to do that at the music shop, somebody bought a guitar and amp, I'd drop a call a couple of weeks later to see how things were, if any issues had come up that I could fix for them, I don't think I had one person not thank me for the thought, even if everything was better than they expected. It'd be pretty annoying if I bought a top shelf product from somebody, and they didn't even remember who I was a week or two later.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I don't even know the closest verzion store near me, but they proly suck as do the rest of the phone stores around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkblc View Post
    I don't even know the closest verzion store near me, but they proly suck as do the rest of the phone stores around here.
    Fail. Come back when you have a constructive opinion on a place you've been to.
    Address,

Lumdsen Rd & Providence Rd
    Brandon, Florida 33510

A. Display 4
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi 4
    C. Sales effort 3

This is a new store moved from existing store near Brandon Westfield Town Center. The Store is quite busy, I had to wait 30 mins for a rep. But like I said the store is always busy. Palm Display is right in front, first thing you see when you walked in. I had time to check out the Pre and Pixie but both phones were not working on display. When I got the sales rep, I told her right away I was looking for a Pre. She said it was a good choice. She carried an Android, but did not try to steer me to any other Phone. She did show me the Touchstone, which I purchased along with a cover. The tech dept showed me the basics and were pretty helpful. The head of that department did carry a Pre. He told me about the Palm Profile and the Google Calendar and Gmail, and where to download the program to transfer me data via Palm Profile.

I went back a week later to change out the cover, I decided I did not like. Again a long wait. I asked about the short battery life. The rep told me a Palm Rep was in the store. I had noticed her working the display as people walked up. She was very helpful on my battery issue, showed me what to turn off to prolong battery life and showed me some other things I did not know about the phone. All in all it was a good purchase experience and I have had good experiences with this store before they moved. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years now.
    Verizon Wireless
    26401 Harper Avenue
    Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081
    (586) 777-4010

Sorry this is so lengthy, but I think it's a fairly good story

I originally ordered mine from the internet. I actually didnt know the first thing about the phone other than it was the new Palm and Verizon finally had it. Since I've used Palm for the last 7 years, I was getting it no matter what.

While I was waiting the 3 days for it to be delivered, I went into the store to play with the display model. The store has 2 displays of each the Pixi and Pre so I think that's pretty good. Within 2 minutes after picking up the phone there was a guy standing there with a grey Palm sweater on and he said that he can help me if I had any questions about the phone. He had his own Palm in his pocket and he showed me different things that the phone could do. He asked what features I'd be using most and then he went on to give a great tutorial about how the calendar, email and contacts will work for me. I told him that I was very concerned about being able to synch to my company's server and he assured me that it would work.
    After 2 freaking hours of teaching me different things, he gave me his number and told me to text him once I get the phone and I can ask him any questions that might come up. He also gave me a few dates that he would be back in the store so that I could bring the phone in and do some hands on things. I dont think anyone could ask for more from this guy. About 3 or 4 weeks later, I still keep in contact with him and we discuss different apps that we try out. Its kind of funny becasue I tell him a bout all of the homebrew apps and patches and he laughs and says that he cant get those becasue he has to be able to show his phone to customers that he deals with and that wouldnt look right. (good point) He's a great guy though, and turning out to be a friend in a way.

Back to the store.

The ups order screwed up and after being so stoked to get my phone and finding out that I was going to have to wait an additional 3 days I called and complained to VErizon and got them to allow me to pick up the phone from a store. So I go into the store and the Palm guy isnt there. I wait my turn and finally the sales person helps me and goes and gets the phone. As she brings the box out she says "have you ever even played with this thing?" (in the worst and negative way that you can say that phrase) I said "yes, I have". She said. "what, do you have a friend that has one or something?" I siad "no, I got a tutorial form the Palm guy that is in here sometimes, we played with it for 2 hours on Saturday, and I love it" she gave an "oh" (a whiney one)

Now this was before I learned anything about the bad vibes that Verizon seemed to have against the Palms, so I thought this was a rare thing at the time.

As a few minutes passed, I said, "hey , why were you asking me if I'd used this phone before?". She said, "oh, I just didnt know if you knew that these phones are not like the other Palms in the past, and I thought you might like to see a Droid phone, but you seem like you're stuck on this. " I said yes.
    Once the Palm powered on, it was time to set up my Palm account and she handed me the phone and said, "here, I think you have to add some information in to get it to start up"

I did and I was on my way.

After a week or so I started seeing the chatter on these boards about the strangness between Verizon and Palm so I asked my Palm friend "what gives". I said "what is the deal with the VErizon sales people not wanting to sell Palms?"

Being that he probably witnesses this everyday, he said "Verizon sales people sell what they know, and they know Black berry and Droid. They dont want to take a chance and sell you a phone that you will return, and since they dont know how the Palm works, they wont try to sell it"

He went on to explain that Verizon sales people get money deducted from their checks for every phone that gets returned that they sold.

I replied in a text "yeah, right"
    He said "that's what I thought, until one of them showed me their check and there was a "returned phone deduction" spot on there and the guy lost out on $350"

Hopefully, the supposed training that email from the ceo sent a week ago will make Verizon employees at my l;ocation want to sell the Palm product, because if they dont get trained, Palm is doomed in Saint Clair Shores MI, and thats not good or fair.

Display: 5 (it is the first thing you see when you walk in and then there is another set with all of the other Smart Phones)

Sales person Knowledge: 0

Palm having an awesome sales rep in the store: PRICELESS
    Apple Valley, MN

Display: 3
    They had it on display against the wall with all the other smart phones.

Knowledge: 4
    After about 5 minutes of trying to make me pick a different phone he finally settled down and walked me through all of the features of the phone (which I already knew.)

Effort: 10 (out of 5)
    I'm only 18, so as you could imagine they weren't especially excited with giving me a contract... after originally getting my information they wanted a $400 deposit. Since I had been with them on a family share for 3 years, the guy called up to corporate, talked to them, faxed my SSN and Driver's License, etc etc... and 20 minutes later my deposit had been reduced to $125. I paid full price for the phone (minus a $100 rebate) and they also threw in $70 worth of swag (car charger, screen protector, hard case, etc.)

In short, I was VERY happy with my experience and always have been with verizon.
    So HOW ARE WE going to help fix this situation? There are a lot of smart people on these boards. I am sure we can come up with something.
    I. Verizon company Store, Fairfield, CT

1st time (when I picked up my Pre end of February)

II. Rate the store on three areas from 1-5 (1 is poor, 3 is averge, 5 is excellent)

A. Display - 3
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi - 3
    C. Sales effort - 2

III. Comments
    Display was hidden in corner, no one pushing the phones, sales rep I had didn't know much about phone.

2nd time I was in the store about a week ago (after announcement by Palm of push at Verizon)

A. Display - 5
    B. Salesperson knowledge of the Pre/Pixi - 5
    C. Sales effort - 4

It was much better this time. Palm display was right up front near door - impossible to miss. Sales person I was talking too (bought a second Touchstone for work) knew a lot about the phone and was very enthusiastic. As I was leaving, 3 sales reps had people at the Palm display and were pushing the Palm and Pixi.
    It was nice to see the change. Let's see if it helps sales at all.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by livelife View Post
    So HOW ARE WE going to help fix this situation? There are a lot of smart people on these boards. I am sure we can come up with something.
    Lowell McAdam
    President and CEO

Lowell C. McAdam is President and CEO of Verizon Wireless, the premier wireless provider with the nation's largest, most reliable wireless voice and 3G broadband data network.

Prior to assuming this position in 2006, McAdam served as executive vice president and chief operating officer since the company’s inception in 2000, helping to build Verizon Wireless into the industry’s leading wireless company.

Previously, McAdam was president and CEO of PrimeCo Personal Communications, a joint venture owned by Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch. He also served as PrimeCo's chief operating officer, responsible for overseeing the build, deployment and successful launch of the new company's customer service operations and all-digital network.

McAdam has served as vice president-international operations for AirTouch Communications and was lead technical partner for cellular ventures in Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Italy, Korea and Japan. McAdam joined AirTouch as executive director of international applications and operations in 1993. From 1983 to 1993, he held various executive positions with Pacific Bell, including area vice president of Bay Area marketing and general manager of South Bay customer services.

In addition to serving as one of nine members on the Verizon Wireless Board of Representatives, McAdam is a board member and past chairman of the Board of Directors of the CTIA, the wireless industry trade association.

He earned a bachelor's degree in engineering from Cornell University and a master's degree in business administration from the University of San Diego. He also spent six years in the U.S. Navy's Engineer Corps and is a licensed professional engineer.

link>Message

Please reply when you have sent a message!
    done
    My wife has a Pixi Plus loves it. She recommended to her boss/friend, who is a longtime Treo user. The friend went to a Seattle Verizon store, not sure which one, and the sales person said to the effect, "you don't want that. What you want is the Droid." This just confused her and she left the store.

Separately, I went to a different Verizon store to get an extra power adapter adapter for the Pre Plus. The store did not have any Palm accessories and the sales rep did not know what the Touchstone was.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post

I was in Charlotte, NC on vacation this weekend when I passed by the Verizon Store in the Southpark Mall. This mall is very upscale and caters to the Charlotte elite. I decided to get some hands on time with the Pre plus as I am a Sprint customer and have never messed with one. The first salesmen to ask me if I needed any help seemed bothered that I wanted to see a Palm product. He told me that this store choose not to carry any Palm products. He said "I would rather get you set up on a platform that works like the Droid." I told him I just wanted to see the Pre plus. He asked if I had used Palm in the past. I told him I've been using Palm for almost 5 years. His response, "well, you've been behind the times for five years then." He went on to tell me about an email from the store's manager that listed the pros and cons of the Pre plus after a hands on test done by the manager. The part of this conversation that sticks out the most to me... Verizon Salesman: "Our manager told us if anyone comes in here looking for a Pre plus, we should just try to sell them a mobile air card and be done with them." Is this how Verizon is planning on marketing all webOS devices in the future. No wonder Palm isn't doing well, they aren't getting any support from their new business partners. In an upscale Mall such as this, I really feel like the Pre Plus would do well. Instead, this Verizon store has chosen to push the Droid and forsake the webOS driven devices. Shameful.
    WOW! If that doesn't say something...

I haven't gone in looking for a Pre, but went in just before it was released and was steared away from anything that wasn't the Driod (including the Driod Eris, Blackberrys, etc.). When asked about the Pre Plus coming out in a week or so, the rep didn't know it was coming to Verizon. Fair enough. Unfortunately she went on to say, "Even if we get the Pre, I definitely wouldn't recommend it. The Pre is really a sub-standard phone with a lot of problems. Plus it doesn't have any apps."

Yes, you can blame Verizon for some of this. Yet, you also need to also point to all the early scoffers that shut down the Pre simply because "... well... it's not an iPhone killer." The only reason Andriod got into the mix is because it's the almighty Google is behind it. They see the money as assume that it's going to inherantly be better. There is plenty of room for WebOS in this market, but way too many people are dismissing it because of Palm's financial problems.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post

I am pretty confused with this post First of all, you gave them your phone number and got mad at them for using it.

You criticized them for not knowing anything about the phone, when they got a training rep in obviously to show reps and customers how to use it, you criticize them for letting you know and inviting you to it. Mind you, they aren't SELLING it to you, they are providing it free of charge, I've gotten these texts before too....I appreciated their effort.

You frequent their store so I am guessing if you've been there before they would easily assume it's not that big a deal for you to take the trip back, should they start logging in your travel and vacation habits?

I hope I never have to deal with you on a customer service capacity with you being a customer of mine. You are one that I don't think could ever be satisfied under any circumstances. Recognize when a company is trying to improve, and if you don't care about it....move on and get over yourself. I read enough complaints about legitimate problems with customer service.
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 03/08/2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post

Being that he probably witnesses this everyday, he said "Verizon sales people sell what they know, and they know Black berry and Droid. They dont want to take a chance and sell you a phone that you will return, and since they dont know how the Palm works, they wont try to sell it"

He went on to explain that Verizon sales people get money deducted from their checks for every phone that gets returned that they sold.

I replied in a text "yeah, right"
    He said "that's what I thought, until one of them showed me their check and there was a "returned phone deduction" spot on there and the guy lost out on $350"
    WOW. WOW. That is insane! Palm really should have trained Verizon reps alla cross the country for 6 months AND had it in their contract that reps would push the device equally along with other smartphones before releasing the Palm on Verizon.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast