Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having this problem? I just got a new Pre Plus with Verizon. When I connect to my Mac and put it in USB disk mode, I get the USB disk like normal but when copying files to the USB disk, I get all kinds of strange disk errors. I tried erasing the usb disk, reformatting it, doing an erase all on the pre, but nothing's making it work right. Do I have a bad Pre? Thanks!
    "Strange errors" when you try to use the files on the Pre or immediately upon putting them onto the Pre?

What Mac OS are you running. I have Snow Leopard and a Verizon Pre and have been able to copy without a problem.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'm using the latest version of Snow Leopard. I get error code -36 "The finder can't complete the operation because some of the data can't be read or written. (Error Code -36)

I've had no problems with my old Sprint Pre. When I run Apple's Disk utility on the USB partition, When checking Directories I get an error saying "Invalid ong filename entry for volume label. Remove? Yes. Then it says checking fror Orphan Clusters and says 53 file...
    I am using a Verizon Pre Plus on a 20" iMac running Snow Leopard and do not have any problems transferring data via USB...
    I would say it's bad if you did a factory reset and still can't get rid of the errors. Mine has been perfect since plugging it in.

Do you have another Mac, or even a PC in the house, that you can use to test with? It might not be the phone, but something corrupted on your computer?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    My 8 Gig Palm Pre worked fine with my Mac.

I tried the 16Gig PrePlus it on two different Macs and have the same problem on both, so I guess it's tweaked. I guess I was just wondering if there's some kind of incompatibility that I need to figure out. Dang, now I'm gonna have to deal with Verizon...
    Last edited by PreMium; 02/27/2010 at 09:43 PM.