1.    #1  
    Trying to find it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Mobile hotspot is not available on sprint... The guy above should have said that. But as he posted, MyTether is.
    Yes, the above are right, it is not technically available and at the moment, it's busted. HOWEVER, as you've probably surmised, you can download it and stick on a Sprint Pre on the off chance they manage to fix it. For that, probably best to keep an eye on this thread:

How To: Install Mobile Hotspot on Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Mobile hotspot is not available on sprint... The guy above should have said that. But as he posted, MyTether is.
    But Mobile Hotspot IS available for Sprint users. It just takes a bit more work then downloading it from the official Catelog. I think 1.4 broke tethering in general though... But that should be fixed in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    But Mobile Hotspot IS available for Sprint users. It just takes a bit more work then downloading it from the official Catelog. I think 1.4 broke tethering in general though... But that should be fixed in time.
    Hmmm... I have not noticed an issue with the Mobile Hotspot as i had it on before the update and am using it now after the update.

EDITED: I did have to turn on the mobile hot spot service if i remember right.
    Last edited by demetry14; 02/27/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Hmmm... I have not noticed an issue with the Mobile Hotspot as i had it on before the update and am using it now after the update.

EDITED: I did have to turn on the mobile hot spot service if i remember right.
    what is the service called that you had to turn on? I've been poking around the list of services in the pre and can't seem to find one that would be it.
    /usr/bin/mobilehotspotd

EDIT 1:
    /var/log/mobilehotspotd.log
    make this file if it is not already there and then check it after trying to start the daemon... if you don't get an error good. If you do you can reference this file.

EDIT 2:
    if you don't have the Daemon, reinstall all freetether and mobile hotspot files from there respective links.

EDIT 3:
    Now I am receiving an onscreen message on my Palm Pre whenever i resstart the mobilehotpotd

No Sharing Service
    ---------------------
    Sharing an Internet connection requires an addition to your mobile plan.
    Contact your carrier for help.

SO I DID AS STATED ABOVE AND WENT BACK TO MyTether, which works on 1.4.0 so far.
    Last edited by demetry14; 02/27/2010 at 08:02 PM.