Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Every time I record a new video, the old video gets deleted. At least i don't see them in video rolls. The camera roll saves all the pictures and doesn't overwrite the old one.

    Is there a way to save the old videos? do you need to move to another location before recording a new one? Or is this a bug with the video capture app?

    Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Where are the release notes on the new feature capability?
  3. #3  
    Have you tried going into the Videos app itself and viewing from there, not just in the camera view?
  4. #4  
    I have noticed the same thing... Video's are not actually getting overwritten but they are "not showing up" after a new video is recorded. It is a naming issue with newly created video's. Hopefully palm puts out a fix soon for the little bugs here and there.
  5. #5  
    i can confirm this. Lost several clips today during testing the new video app. Video app saves the clips in the photos folder but seems to randomly overwrite older clips using the same filenames.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    i can confirm this. Lost several clips today during testing the new video app. Video app saves the clips in the photos folder but seems to randomly overwrite older clips using the same filenames.
    Thanks. I guess we need to give a file name before recording a new video. This is silly. They can randomly assign a file name instead of overwriting an old one. thank god i didn't lose any important video. I would be ****ed otherwise....

    Such simplet things are being overlooked....i am happy with 1.4 in general...but palm is still missing the punch line...quality has to be there...specially when palm is trying to improve sales...most people are not very familiar users (aka dummies) of these apps and such things can really push them away...webos can't afford this...
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 02/27/2010 at 05:27 PM.
  7. #7  
    actually as stated by demetry14 it seems files aren't overwritten, but do not show up in the video app. Using internalz i found an older vid that is not showing up anywhere in the video app but is perfectly playable when started from internalz.
    on the other hand i`m still missing clips that even don't show up in internalz...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by heth View Post
    actually as stated by demetry14 it seems files aren't overwritten, but do not show up in the video app. Using internalz i found an older vid that is not showing up anywhere in the video app but is perfectly playable when started from internalz.
    on the other hand i`m still missing clips that even don't show up in internalz...
    What is internalz? Thanks.
  9. #9  
    internalz is a file manager available through preware. It gives you access to the file structure and basic operations like copy & move files etc.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    What is internalz? Thanks.
    app in preware to navigate the filesystem... File Browser.
  11. #11  
    I'm not having this problem. All the videos I have taken are in the roll.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    I'm not having this problem. All the videos I have taken are in the roll.
    Same here. Weird.
  13. #13  
    I am also not having this problem. At first it wouldn't buffer the video, and only one would show up, but a quick restart fixed that.
  14. PabloRobles's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #14  
    +1

    All the videos I have taken are there in the VideoRoll , even the ones I edited are there along with the originals.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I have noticed the same thing... Video's are not actually getting overwritten but they are "not showing up" after a new video is recorded. It is a naming issue with newly created video's. Hopefully palm puts out a fix soon for the little bugs here and there.
    Same problem here, except now I can't find my previous videos. Very annoying.

    The camera app loads properly just 50 percent of the time now. It's super slow and clunky.

    I'll play around with it a little bit more and see if I find any improvement.
  16. #16  
    Same issue here, i recorded 5 videos and i only see the last one on the video roll.
    I connected to my PC as a USB drive and there in no video folder showing up.
    What gives?
  17. cpolism's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #17  
    I too am having this problem. I took about 3 video's this morning, and saw this thread. So I took another video about 2 minutes ago and then went to the video roll and there was nothing there but the most recent video I just took. Thats not good!!! I wonder if palm will release a quick fix for this. I'm also having to wait a pretty long time when opening up the camera app now. I didn't have the problem when I first started using the camera today. This is weird.
  18. #18  
    I just tried this and I'm not seeing this issue. I have 6 vids in my roll. I just recorded three vids to check if they were being overwritten and no they are not. Do you guys have any patches that might affect it? Of what length are your videos (size, time)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. cpolism's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I just tried this and I'm not seeing this issue. I have 6 vids in my roll. I just recorded three vids to check if they were being overwritten and no they are not. Do you guys have any patches that might affect it? Of what length are your videos (size, time)?
    All of my video's were about 20-30 seconds long. And I actually do not have patches on this current pre. I got a refurb about 4 days before 1.4 was released since my original one crapped out. Any ideas?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I just tried this and I'm not seeing this issue. I have 6 vids in my roll. I just recorded three vids to check if they were being overwritten and no they are not. Do you guys have any patches that might affect it? Of what length are your videos (size, time)?
    Did u name your videos via description? That's the only thing that might be at play. Try without adding any description and see if you see the above issue....thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions