Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am disappointed with the video capture addition. This is one of the most anticipated app if not the most. I have been playing with the app since the 1.4 install. Every so often the app gets into problematic state. When you start the app, it simply displays blank screen. Nothing happens and it remains stuck. Restarting the app doesn't help. Both camera and video capture are hosed. I restart the phone and it works again. How come these things are not tested thoroughly before release? Anyone else have these issues? We need a new point release right away to fix this. You can't even play back the videos in video rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am disappointed with the video capture addition. This is one of the most anticipated app if not the most. I have been playing with the app since the 1.4 install. Every so often the app gets into problematic state. When you start the app, it simply displays blank screen. Nothing happens and it remains stuck. Restarting the app doesn't help. Both camera and video capture are hosed. I restart the phone and it works again. How come these things are not tested thoroughly before release? Anyone else have these issues? We need a new point release right away to fix this. You can't even play back the videos in video rolls.
    Troubleshoot it. Reboot phone. See if the reboot fixes it, if not then use webos doctor to reload it from scratch.
    so far I am more then happy,,better then I thought,,especially after installing the patch to add ability to use camera flash light,,unreal quality for a phone now.uploading videos is so easy and fast it's insane. Thankyou palm
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    be happy you got it to begin with.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Troubleshoot it. Reboot phone. See if the reboot fixes it, if not then use webos doctor to reload it from scratch.
    reboot fixes the app issue. My point is why such obvious issue wasn't captured during their own testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    reboot fixes the app issue. My point is why such obvious issue wasn't captured during their own testing?
    Maybe cuz no one else is having the issue.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Don't mean to ask such a silly question, but what kind of homebrew apps/patches are you running, if any?
    I'm not seeing this issue. I've been messing with my vid app for quite some time now...
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    be happy you got it to begin with.
    WORD.
    Have the same issue as OP, no patches... camera app is totally fubar now, gg.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xstaticxgpx View Post
    Have the same issue as OP, no patches... camera app is totally fubar now, gg.
    thanks for confirmation. No patches here as well. Let's see how wide spread this is...
  12.    #12  
    Calling Palm regarding this.....
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I love the quality and implementation of the video app, but two things are bad for me:

1) Video doesn't always start. We went out today and more than half the time the vid didn't start when hitting the button. Close/reopen app fixes it but it's still a major issue for capturing a moment.

2) No portrait (tall) video. I know many people don't mind but sometimes portrait vid is appropriate for what you're filming so why not.
    Just woundering why i dont have a option to upload video to Facebook. I have one for Youtube, SMS, and E mail. Just woundering why i dont have one for Facebook?
    Ok quick question why when i send a video to my other pre the video quality is really off and blocky. but the video i took looks great. is this some kind of error or flaw. ps i also did this vice versa and it looks really bad. and i am running on wifi both phones with evdo on. please help
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Just woundering why i dont have a option to upload video to Facebook. I have one for Youtube, SMS, and E mail. Just woundering why i dont have one for Facebook?
    Install and enable the Friendsbook app. That will also sync up Palm with your facebook account. See if that then enables the FB option.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Only issue I've seen with the recorder is that when I open the camera app, my speaker pops once just slightly on open.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    are you syncing ur facebook contacts I think that's how it knows wether or not to put a face book option on
    so far video app starts fine and recording is working fine (i have had the slider open and use the space bar to start/stop recording).

the problem i am having is after uploading to youtube, i then want to send a link to the vid via email or text to twitter or someone else and the url link looks like this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undefined". this can be reproduced multiple times.

that's not so good.

also I was viewing a video, tapped the upload icon, then tapped and held the youtube menu but dragged my finger off it. then the phone froze so bad i had to pull the battery. I have not been able to reproduce this problem again.

I have preware installed, but have not updated any of my patches yet, and i do miss them, the launcher patches especially.
    I love the actual Video app itself. I think the quality of the video and the sound are better than I expected.

What seems very buggy to me, is the whole youtube/upload process. and as stickywhipit said above, the whole email link is just not working at all.

Sometimes they upload, and sometimes even tho they are marked as uploaded to youtube , they in fact are not.

And, once you have it marked as youtubed, there is not a thing you can do from the Pre. You have to grab the video from the USB and save it to your computer to upload to youtube.

I suspect this is an issue they have to work the kinks out of.

Hopefully they will.

For now, I LOVE having SOME way to capture life's little moments whereever I am.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast