Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I've had this intermittently. Pinch did nothing. Even when it appears to open correctly, and looks like it's taking a picture, it doesn't. All that is there is a placemat with a big X in the middle of a clear screen. Took a video successfully the other night, and afterwards the camera got very hot and started dropping charge massively....59% per hour. Battery pull turned that problem off, but the camera still didn't work. Great.
    And now it's become a bit more consistent. The camera doesn't work at all for pics but works fine for video. Go figure. Anybody find a fix for this? Dr didn't help at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And now it's become a bit more consistent. The camera doesn't work at all for pics but works fine for video. Go figure. Anybody find a fix for this? Dr didn't help at all.
    man that's so weird...i haven't gotten the grey screen in camera app in the longest time...its been working perfectly for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The camera turns on, even uses the flash when its supposed to, and then the picture never gets stored or written properly. When I try to open one of the photos (which are being stored in the DCIM folder) with the computer, I get the following error message:
    Could not open "J: DCIM......CIMGG0068.jpg" because an invalid second SOI or SOFn JPEG marker found."

Make any sense to anyone?

And if the camera "works" for video, one would think that this wasn't a hardware problem...maybe?
    Last edited by davidra; 03/28/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    WebOS 1.4.1. addresses this issue. Updating to this version should resolve the problem. Please report back if 1.4.1. does not resolve the issue for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    The black screen -> "Unable to take picture" -> gray screen issue persists with 1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    The black screen -> "Unable to take picture" -> gray screen issue persists with 1.4.1.1
    mine is working perfectly hmmm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    That's gonna blow if it is true. Of course, I am on Verizon so who knows when we're gonna get the update anyway...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    still broke with 1.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    mine is working perfectly hmmm
    Then again, you never explicitly noted having this issue persistently, so there isn't exactly a reason why you shouldn't expect anything not to work perfectly...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am disappointed with the video capture addition. This is one of the most anticipated app if not the most. I have been playing with the app since the 1.4 install. Every so often the app gets into problematic state. When you start the app, it simply displays blank screen. Nothing happens and it remains stuck. Restarting the app doesn't help. Both camera and video capture are hosed. I restart the phone and it works again. How come these things are not tested thoroughly before release? Anyone else have these issues? We need a new point release right away to fix this. You can't even play back the videos in video rolls.
    This is the very reason for these problems. people rush for the next release and then complain about why it wasnt tested first. Come on People make up your Mind and be patient. Quality takes time
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/01/2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Highlights in red are the main points
    My major problem with the camera was fixed by the update. I can now take pictures and they are successfully stored.
    I would like to capture screen shots and log files from devices still having issues. If you are still having problems with the camera being able to take pictures please send me a private message.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have not read this entire thread, but I am unable to send video or upload to Facebook or Youtube. It is really frustrating.
    instead of using the built in upload for FB/ youtube/ ect look in your account settings for those sites and get the email upload address they give you. then simply attach the file and email to the address supplied and it will get uploaded.

To the folks who posted about the video quality the person receiving the video sees (eg. video sent from pre 1 looks bad when received on pre2) this is due to the compression of the file that happens when going thru the server for your service provider (sprint in my case). unless the provider allows a higher quality file thru at a larger size or lower compressin rate everything comes out looking pixelated.

One other thing I've found is that sometimes I take a pic and get no error after sending it but it is never received. Turns out the file is too large, if you bring up that same photo in the photo app and then take a screen shot it is much smaller in size and transfers without an issue.
    Clarence -
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre just started exhibiting the blank camera screen / gray screen issue as of a couple days ago. I've updated to webOS 1.4.5.

I've tried rebooting, pulling the battery, and the pinch trick. None of those have done anything to fix the problem.

Has anyone had any luck with using webOSDoctor or webOSRepairUtility to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    My Sprint Pre just started exhibiting the blank camera screen / gray screen issue as of a couple days ago. I've updated to webOS 1.4.5.

I've tried rebooting, pulling the battery, and the pinch trick. None of those have done anything to fix the problem.

Has anyone had any luck with using webOSDoctor or webOSRepairUtility to fix this?
    nope same thing here " unable to take picture" - showed it to sprint they said the phone had "evidence" of water damage and they refused to touch it. Doctoring did nothing. Will try cold boot and if not a full erase to see if it helps.
    I've had the same issue with my camera/video. Palm Pre Plus (VZN) running 1.4.5.

I've tried most of the basic fixes w/o success either, including the infamous 'pinch', HOWEVER, and this is nuts - I gently tapped over the lens area with a pen, with the battery cover removed, and bam, the camera works.

Attempt at your own risk, but tapping over the lens work for me. So far at least.
    >Macastat<

www.MacaSTAT.com
    From the Treo 90 to the Pre Plus
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678