Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The audio is always out of sync . Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I'm having the same issues as the OP. Today was the first time I actually used my camera more than a few seconds. I was recording for a few minutes and realized that after a few videos at say, 5 minutes or more, closing it out each time, the app progressively gets worse when taking video. At first the videos will start to playback (on a PC) all distorted, some even without sound. I did notice that if you turn the screen off (by pressing the power button), after a video was taken and while the camera app is still open, this will freeze the camera app after doing it a few times. I had to reboot my phone to get the camera back. What I usually see is a black screen and I cannot do anything with it.
    I'm with you OP.

I can't believe Palm would release Video recording without
    at least a 10x Optical zoom & 20x Digital zoom!!!!!
    I'm having camera/video capture issues since the 1.4 upgrade as well on my VZW Pre Plus. It kept getting stuck and I rebooted at least twice will trying to use the camera and video at an event yesterday, but it still only works properly sometimes. I recorded about a minute or more of footage yesterday, but when I finally got it to play back - only 12 seconds were saved on the video roll. I was very disappointed. I, too, can't believe there's no zoom at all on the camera! But it takes really clear pics. I hope they fix this before my 30 day return period is up in about 2 1/2 weeks.
    This is an issue, a serious one. I wanted to take a video today..so i took it and went to watch it only to get a blank screen and a completely unresponsive video/camera app
    restart took 3-4 mins....totally unacceptable for the main feature of this update...
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Same issue as OP, reported to Palm via there forums and it has been reported and hopefully fixed in next update..... NEW Video and Camera Do Not Work With OS Update - Palm Support Community

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    I had the same issue with the camera app, until I uninstalled the take pics with the volume and name pics patch, now is working fine!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum0036 View Post
    ...wow...the last thing i could think of was to add the official facebook for palm app...that is it. it works i now get the "upload to facebook" option. jeez. now i just feel stupid, but i normally just use the facebook bookmark in the browser.
    I am having this same issue, but I have had my FB account synced since last June and I also have the FB app for Palm. But I still don't get the upload to FB option. Strangely enough, I can upload my pictures to FB, but not video. Any other thoughts on this?

Also, I have three FB Apps running at the same time in an attempt to get the FB upload option for videos to populate.
    Last edited by magikwurd; 03/10/2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: adding details
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I load the camera app and just get a grey screen, no buttons, can't even try the video! I've rebooted, pulled the battery, reset from scratch. THIS SUCKS!!

At least before 1.4 I had camera, now I have neither camera or video!
    Thanks Palm, its my daughters 2nd birthday and all I'm getting is a blank screen.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTeedee View Post
    I load the camera app and just get a grey screen, no buttons, can't even try the video! I've rebooted, pulled the battery, reset from scratch. THIS SUCKS!!

At least before 1.4 I had camera, now I have neither camera or video!
    Anyone else experiencing this? I have the same problem and am about to doctor it.

It isn't just the camera app either. I can't watch video at all...not even youtube.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoj1 View Post
    The audio is always out of sync . Does anyone know how to fix this?

I had the same problem. A short clip today (~1min) and the audio is an easy 4 seconds out of sync. ***

Really? vv.t.f. is censored? sheesh
    Last edited by ccs86; 03/13/2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this? I have the same problem and am about to doctor it.

It isn't just the camera app either. I can't watch video at all...not even youtube.
    Doctoring is always a good idea if you're experiencing unresolvable problems.

My camera's working great.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am disappointed with the video capture addition. This is one of the most anticipated app if not the most. I have been playing with the app since the 1.4 install. Every so often the app gets into problematic state. When you start the app, it simply displays blank screen. Nothing happens and it remains stuck. Restarting the app doesn't help. Both camera and video capture are hosed. I restart the phone and it works again. How come these things are not tested thoroughly before release? Anyone else have these issues? We need a new point release right away to fix this. You can't even play back the videos in video rolls.
    I had this issue when I tried to run the silent camera patch and the volume key patch after 1.4. Even though luna was rebooted per installation demand, it would just goto blank screen. I uninstalled both and it still went to blank screen after a luna restart. I physically restarted the phone and it came back. So I installed both again and did a physical reboot and the silent patch took and the apps functioned as they should. The volume key patch still isn't working but that was just an afterthought when I was looking for the silent patch.

My theory is that the luna restart isn't a full reboot of the phone. Somehow it doesn't clear everything out when it reboots. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    My theory is that the luna restart isn't a full reboot of the phone. Somehow it doesn't clear everything out when it reboots. Hope this helps.
    That's not a theory, that's just a fact. Luna is just the WebOS UI.
    Restarting Luna has no effect on the various services which run in
    the background, along with the whole Linux underpinnings of the phone.

If you want a full reboot, then do a full reboot. And even that can't
    clean up everything if one of the hardware modules is misbehaving which
    has happened. Sometimes it requires shutting down, pulling the battery
    and restarting.

ian
    Sorry I came from WM and am not too familiar with luna. But I gotta ask why installing patches would only require a luna restart when they are involving hardware modules?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    What happened to the "Upload to Facebook" option when watching a video? It used to be there. It's gone. I have YouTube, etc....but the FB option disappeared out of nowhere. Anyone??

By the way, I have the FB App installed and I am logged in...so that's not the problem.
    Last edited by Westmar; 03/15/2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Nevermind. Apparently I needed to re-log in or something like that.
    Just adding another vote to the "My video/camera app is messed up". I see the same gray screen and have to reboot to get it functional again. A couple of times I have noted that while shooting a video it will just stop mid-record. At first I thought it may have been due to receiving a text or getting a notification (which is an error itself and should not happen), but there were no actual received texts or notifications. And yet at other times I could record as long as I wanted with no problem. I do have the flash patch for the video recorder installed and the PRE naming patch for pictures. But since people without those patches have noted the problem, and the fact that before 1.4 I had the PRE naming patch and no problems, it seems like those should not be the issue. Just MHO.

I am glad to see that Palm seems to be looking into this though. It was very annoying this weekend as it messed up several opportunities for recording during the retreat we had for my church youth group.
    Not just the camcorder but the camera also, yesterday I would try to take a picture and when I would receive a text the screen would go gray and I couldn't get back to the camera until I closed both the text message window and camera window. This has happened several times, and this is after a full erase and doctor.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast