Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First how long did the upload take? And second did you use wifi or 3g to do it?

just wondering on average about how long it takes to upload a video
    upload depends on the size of the file.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i'd like to know where the videos are saved... i looked in usb mode but couldnt find anything. and facebook upload keeps failing for me.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    in all i think mine took less than three minutes, maybe less than that. my video was about 45 seconds long. upload to youtube about 1 minute and then you tube rendering took about another minute.
    Here's where I'm at:

1) Took a video that was 2:32 long.
    2) Video uploaded over home Wifi at around 3:15pm
    3) Video Done uploading at 3:42pm
    4) Video done processing on Youtube 3:52

My home wifi doesn't have high upload speeds, so take that into consideration.
    it was pretty fast, about a minute for mine, used wifi tho. i made a video on tether+video at same time here.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akadeno View Post
    i'd like to know where the videos are saved... i looked in usb mode but couldnt find anything. and facebook upload keeps failing for me.
    They should be in your DCIM folder with all your pictures like so:
    evdo uploads speeds are about 400-500 k so divide by 8 and get ~50 KBps. So best case scenario about 20 seconds per megabyte of video so about 3min of upload for every min recorded.
    I have a somewhat related question.
    I'd like to know what the sharing options are once you upload a video -if there are any.
    Are you provided with a link to your video? Is there any indication (notification) that the upload is complete?
    It would be nice if there was a notification popup with options to tap and either 1) view the video or 2) copy its link.
    A similar implementation for photo uploads would be even nicer.
    /EU/GR/
    I uploaded a20 sec video to facebook in about 5 secs with wifi
    if you close cards when you are uploading you can see progress of upload at bottom of screen
    videos are saved in. The video app. That came w the phone
    My 21 second video took about a minute. Wifi was on.
    I have verizon fios for wirerless network what do you have?
    when my kid goes to friends house w her ipod touch,,she says takes forwver to download anything on her cable network,,at home,,fast as lighting.ca le,,,mins,,,,,,,fios seconds,.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i took about a 30 second video and sent it through a mms which i assume would be the same as upload it. I did it on the SPRINT network with about 1 bar and it took about a 1-2 mins.

-chill
    Last edited by ChillHill; 02/27/2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    I have a somewhat related question.
    I'd like to know what the sharing options are once you upload a video -if there are any.
    Are you provided with a link to your video? Is there any indication (notification) that the upload is complete?
    It would be nice if there was a notification popup with options to tap and either 1) view the video or 2) copy its link.
    A similar implementation for photo uploads would be even nicer.
    After you decide to upload, you get a notification at the bottom saying that it's uploading (you can choose to stop or cancel if you click on it). You know it's still uploading because the icon has a video reel with an up arrow on it.

After it's done, the icon changes from an up arrow to a check mark. Click on the notification now and you get an option to share the link.
    Took a 40 sec video. It was uploaded in less than 15 sec on wifi.
    Why do i not have a option to upload to facebook. I have one for you tube, SMS, and E mail. Just woundering why nothing for Facebook.
    same here i do not have the facebook option for video. can anyone post a screen capture confirming they have this feature, location, and network please?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast