Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed the vibrate in 1.4 is now significantly shorter then it was in pervious versions. This is going go become an issue in my pocket..
    Quote Originally Posted by mdnorris View Post
    Has anyone noticed the vibrate in 1.4 is now significantly shorter then it was in pervious versions. This is going go become an issue in my pocket..
    Just great.
    I didn't think it could be any shorter than it already was. This is why we need notification nags.
    The notification LEDs are great, but what use is that if you can't see them?
    It'll be a year soon, and they still didn't think to implement this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Just great.
    I didn't think it could be any shorter than it already was. This is why we need notification nags.
    The notification LEDs are great, but what use is that if you can't see them?
    It'll be a year soon, and they still didn't think to implement this.
    They have a patch for that, "repeat notifications", works great for me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There is a patch (or two) for that. The ones I know of right off hand are the 1 1/2 second and 2 second vibrate lengths. There is also a patch to repeat the notification sounds every 2 minutes.
    tbh, I noticed that it was LONGER.

When I get an SMS, it would basically vibrate for several seconds. I turned off vibration for alerts when the sound is on to avoid this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, kinda sad to see Palm did this after coming out with a great update
    WebOS 1.4.0 update now disabled the "sound & vibrate" when you receive a text/IM. This feature is useful for those times you are in a noisy environment or listening to your MP3 player & receive a text/IM... now it's either a sound or vibrate or nothing! NOT BOTH!!!
    This is what I've noticed: if you are in the messaging app, the vibrate is really short. But if you are somewhere else, or your phone is locked, it's the normal vibrate length.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    They have a patch for that, "repeat notifications", works great for me.

This doesn't seem to work for me after 1.4.0 update...

Is this working for anyone?
    I noticed that the vibrate is about 1/2 as short as what it was before 1.4 and I can't feel it. I have missed many texts because of this. PALM I WANT A LONGER VIBRATE. If this was done to conserve battery life, at least give us the damn choice to keep it extended. I work in an office environment and depend heavily on the vibrate feature. This is a deal breaker for me. I really loved my phone until now. I really don't want to hack my phone to get this. I have heard that it does not work with 1.4 anyway.
    Today both mine and the wifes pre just stopped vibrating when we get txt, any ideas on why or the fix, reboots didnt resolve either! We didnt make any changes, did it all by its self!