• Yes - I've tried webdoctor and it hasn't fixed anything

12 19.05%
  • Yes - I've tried webdoctor and its fixed

0 0%
  • NO

22 34.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have never loaded any patches, homebrew, etc. and have only a couple of applications that I've downloaded from the official app catalog. My volume bar comes up quite frequently since the 1.4 update and seems to just switch between about half volume to full volume. Sometimes happens when my phone is just sitting on my desk and I'm doing nothing with it. I'll bring it in to the store to see what they say.
    its a hardware issue guys ppl
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

it cant be a hardware issue. it never happened to me before the update. and ive had this phone since it came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    it cant be a hardware issue. it never happened to me before the update. and ive had this phone since it came out.
    let me tell u a funny exciting story....i had my "1st pre" since launch day...never had this issue till 1.4 came out....i got it every day randomly...so i decided to go to the sprint repair place...they replaced my volume rocker and said if it continues to happen then come back...so i had the phone for another 4 hours and it happened again....so i called them told them it happened again and the guy ordered me a new one....2 days later i picked up the replacement....(this was friday) and remember the volume thing happened to me everyday...guess wut with the new replacement...i havent gotten the glitch ONCE....so in my opinion and for all the ppl that have gotten their replacements since this issue has stated that they havent gotten the volume "bug" so i would think its a hardware defect...just saying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    let me tell u a funny exciting story....i had my "1st pre" since launch day...never had this issue till 1.4 came out....i got it every day randomly...so i decided to go to the sprint repair place...they replaced my volume rocker and said if it continues to happen then come back...so i had the phone for another 4 hours and it happened again....so i called them told them it happened again and the guy ordered me a new one....2 days later i picked up the replacement....(this was friday) and remember the volume thing happened to me everyday...guess wut with the new replacement...i havent gotten the glitch ONCE....so in my opinion and for all the ppl that have gotten their replacements since this issue has stated that they havent gotten the volume "bug" so i would think its a hardware defect...just saying

hmm, its just weird (coincidence, maybe?) that something like this happens after an update after working fine for all that time before it. how can software affect the hardware like that? i guess i'll just go into the sprint store and see what they can do. hopefully i can replicate the issue so they dont think im just crazy lol. btw, did you have to replicate the problem to them?
    hmm, its just weird (coincidence, maybe?) that something like this happens after an update after working fine for all that time before it. how can software affect the hardware like that? i guess i'll just go into the sprint store and see what they can do. hopefully i can replicate the issue so they dont think im just crazy lol. btw, did you have to replicate the problem to them?
    this is the thing...im guessing 1.4 came enabled code that shows the volume icon when u plug and unplug a headset....there have been many ppl with launch day pre's that have had bad heasets and would normally get there headsets stuck in headset mode...im guessing 1.4 came with code that enables u (which does) to see the volume icon when you plug in and unplug ur pre which ive tried and it does anyways...so ppl that have flaky, bad headset jacks will experience the volume icon popping up randomly when closing the slider (which happened to me) and sometimes pushing on the top left of the screen where the volume rockers are....anyways there are already 3 or so ppl (from this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-icon-bug.html ) in addition to me that have gone to the sprint repair and got replacements and dont have this issue anymore (thank god)
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

also if ur gonna take ur pre to the sprint repair....the most important thing is YOU HAVE TO REPLICATE IT) if u dont they're gonna think ur crazy and just tell u everything is fine...so try and replicate it as much as u can and show it to them as fast as u can...i replicated it in there face and they're like ***? it look like my pre was diabolic showing the volume icon like crazy without touching it so imagine...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    also if ur gonna take ur pre to the sprint repair....the most important thing is YOU HAVE TO REPLICATE IT) if u dont they're gonna think ur crazy and just tell u everything is fine...so try and replicate it as much as u can and show it to them as fast as u can...i replicated it in there face and they're like ***? it look like my pre was diabolic showing the volume icon like crazy without touching it so imagine...
    i see. thanks for the info. how did you manage to replicate yours? mine just seems to happen randomly whenever i handle it. sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesnt. just wondering if there's a reliable way to replicate the issue.
    i see. thanks for the info. how did you manage to replicate yours? mine just seems to happen randomly whenever i handle it. sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesnt. just wondering if there's a reliable way to replicate the issue.
    I replicated mine by opening and closing the slider which was the way it normally used to happen...and then I would tap the screen top left side to make it go crazy...but for you just try and pay attention to what you do when it happens so you know the exact physical movements to show them...and tell them it happened after 1.4 update and it never used to happen and you think the new update shows its a hardware defect...theyll have the phone for an hr to try and fix it...but I bet you you'll come out with a brand new pre if not that day maybe 2 days later like me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Well, now I am having the issue. I got my VZW Pre Plus about a month after it was released. No problems. Got a replacement about two weeks ago because of the repeated keys issue. Have really had no problem. Since upgrading to 1.4, it popped up OCCASIONALLY, though it was so rare I could not rule out just accidentally hitting volume rocker. However, last night, I was considering installing the SMS Tone per Contact patch - accidentally hit the install button as I was putting my phone down, and it installed. Listened to some music last night as I went to bed - on the touchstone, with headphones on. This morning I unplugged my headphones and took it off the charger. Now my music volume is going crazy. Almost constantly up and down whether I am touching the phone or not. You can hear the static pop every time the volume changes. Uninstalled the patch. Reset phone. Now just removed battery and replaced. Still happening. What the heck?

It's almost like the phone is reading that the headphones are being constantly jacked in and out.

It is definitely going nuts, almost like a hardware problem, but the events did not start until a software change was made - and now removed. It makes no sense. I hate it when things do not seem to have a logical pattern.
    I had this issue and thought it was related to a bit of black plastic falling out when I slid it open a few weeks back (!)- with mine, *any* pressure on the front of the phone (more often near the plug and/or upper right of the face) OR opening the slider would cause it to go berzerk with the screen coming on and volume indicator going up and down like a freak. Having it in my holder made the battery go dead in an hour since the screen was constantly on.
    I could not take it anymore... and I took it into BB. Now TWO WEEKS later I do not have it back yet (that is *with* their expensive GS coverage!!) ... a call today says it has not been LOOKED at. The best/worst part about it is that I had them reactivate my ancient (one of the original) centro and I am actually enjoying the speed/having all of my stuff *work*/audible air/documents to go/loving the REALLY useful FB app... sigh

If it were not for the GPS methinks I might not miss it much at all at this point. I have to admit the more I read about what may await me when I get it back and try to restore my 'backups' the more worried I get... :-(

Ok, I do miss the universal search, but it took less than a day to adjust to that lack... and webpages look MUCH better and are easier to navigate... maybe I do miss it more than I realized... sigh...
    Last edited by redheads55; 04/07/2010 at 05:38 AM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234