0 0%
  • NO

22 34.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of people who have this problem since upgrading to 1.4
    As a follow up, it started happening again on my phone. I tried many times to get it to happen over the weekend without success. Then, this morning I started streaming NPR over the speaker, and there it was. This was the first time I played something over the weekend since doctoring, and now it won't stop.

Edit: I have not put any homebrew stuff on it since doctoring
    I had this problem ever since 1.4...thought it was just me hitting the button...then I started realizing it would happen when I close the slider to lock my phone...then yesterday I got it every second....rebooting fixed it for a bit....then I decided to doctor my phone and it hasn't happened...i added my homebrew and patches and nothing so I'll see how the day pans out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    add me to the list as well, random volume display since 1.4. The original person who started this thread should edit this tread and add a poll
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Mine started about a day or two before the update I believe. I brought it in to sprint and they gave me a new one. I doubt it's a hardware problem if everyone is having this problem at the exact same time... Is it only happening to people who have ran patches? Some patches get backed up to your palm profile. Is there anyone having this problem who has never installed a patch? Good luck with the problem guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsatrom View Post
    Some patches get backed up to your palm profile. Is there anyone having this problem who has never installed a patch? Good luck with the problem guys.
    Yeah, but I removed all patches, did a backup, then doctored. After syncing the profile, no patches were on there. It's an interesting bit of info though, this happening to you before the upgrade.
    Add me as well. The music volume display keeps popping up randomly and umpredictably. When it does, I can not use the phone app as either the call is dropped or the party I am talking to can't hear me, I can't hear them, or both. Resetting the phone doesn't take care of the problem. Removong all my homebrew apps/patches doesn't help either. I took the phone to my nearby Sprint store and they act as if they have no idea what's wrong with it, yet somehow it's my fault. It seems to somehow be related to the webOS 1.4 update as it was never a problem before and running webOS doctor doesn't help either. Any suggestions? HELP!!!!
    kslmd, you probably can't hear the call because your phone is stuck in headset mode, like mine was. Put a headset in and try callin 611 to see if you hear everthing OK. I pulled my battery and got out of headset mode, but still am getting volume bug.
    This is a MAJOR BUG!!! The volume display is now popping up almost constantly, making it virtually impossible to place/receive any calls. Palm had better fix this one fast. I depend on my phone to respond to calls from patients (I am a physician). I can tolerate other less critical bugs, but not this one.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    add me to the list as well, random volume display since 1.4. The original person who started this thread should edit this tread and add a poll
    Just for you I added a poll, lets see what happens
    I was having this issue, even trying the power off and removing the battery didn't seem to stop it from happening.

I did a hard reset and reloaded my profile, and the issue went away.

Most of the data reloaded, but information inside some of the app store downloads did not (I had a fuel tracker and checkbook program which has no info now). But at least it stopped the music volume issue and hopefully improve the battery life again.

So if you are willing to do it, a hard reset and reload should fix the issue.
    I think you skipped the "i run patches" option for the nos. I run patches, and have not had this issue.
    Times my vote by 3, we have 3 in our family that is not doing this.
  14. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    There is another thread on the same topic... admin may want to close/merge:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-icon-bug.html

And it's pretty clear this isn't a "volume rocker" issue or a software issue (1.4 or preware or patches)... but rather a faulty headset sensor that's rapidly switching the phone in and out of headset mode.
    My Pre has been popping up with the music volume every second or so. It makes it hard to do anything on the phone... should i take the damn thing back to sprint.. ive had the pre since the day it came out, and i love it, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

also- (heh) I think i broke my wifi driver with an old version of mytether, i can connect to a wifi network, but i dont seem to be able to transmit any data on it. any word on how to fix this? should i webosdocter it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjaminkspence View Post
    My Pre has been popping up with the music volume every second or so. It makes it hard to do anything on the phone... should i take the damn thing back to sprint.. ive had the pre since the day it came out, and i love it, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

also- (heh) I think i broke my wifi driver with an old version of mytether, i can connect to a wifi network, but i dont seem to be able to transmit any data on it. any word on how to fix this? should i webosdocter it?
    doctor it...and if ur able to replicate the volume popping up problem take it to sprint and replicate the problem in their face...they'll replace it trust me...just make sure and hope u dont have any physical damage on the phone bc they'll make u pay the 100 bucks
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Same here... after updating to 1.4 the volume icon suddenly appears for no reason, usually when the phone has been opened.
    Craptastic. Well, at least I know I'm not alone. I'm having the same problem since upgrading to 1.4. I have no patches installed... I've restarted the phone 3 times and each time the problem goes away for a little bit, but then starts happening again. I've having the same call drop issue too as well as not being able to hear people until I put the phone in speaker mode during the call or connect a headset. I downloaded WebOS Doctor 1.4 and am going to run it, though I've now spent over 2 hours trying to figure this out and it appears I'll spend at least that having to reload all my apps... grrr.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anything is messed up....I just notice the volume icon show up more. For me, when I plug/unplugg my headphones it pops up. Also some other times. the things I've noticed could be intentional. I like knowing if the volume is gonna blow my ears when I plug in my headphones.
    has anyone tried cleaning their headphone jack? If this is a problem with the machine randomly thinking it's in headset mode then this may be the issue.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast