Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had problems with wifi after the 1.4 update?
    working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sratson View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with wifi after the 1.4 update?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    if you open device info app and swipe down top menu and go into preferences then do the quick tests it will test your wifi connections to see if its working properly and even send an error message to either palm or sprint
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My wifi works, but I have to be standing only a few feet from the base unit for it to register. I used to get a couple bars from my office, but now there is none!
    the unit may be going out , can you pick up other wifi signals anywhere else without problems ?? you know like the coffee shop or whataburger or wherever lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I seem to be having the same problem. Nothing that pulls info from the net will will work on WIFI, it's fine on EVDO. Was working fine before the update last night. Not even able to access the local router page. Tried forgetting the wifi point and reaccessing it but no luck so far.

And ran the quick tests with no issues reported.
    Last edited by von11; 02/27/2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Edit:
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by von11 View Post
    I seem to be having the same problem. Nothing that pulls info from the net will will work on WIFI, it's fine on EVDO. Was working fine before the update last night. Not even able to access the local router page. Tried forgetting the wifi point and reaccessing it but no luck so far.

And ran the quick tests with no issues reported.
    exactly.. Same problem.. Strange though, tried to run some ping tests and they worked.. Just no traffic being passed.
    I have also lost all WiFi. I also can't get the handset to connect via USB to the computer. I need help. I did the test but it's not getting a message to send to Palm. Has anyone having this problem.

I have done the full erase but I have had no luck
    sort of the same for me, after 1.4 this morning, my browser does not work.

I can access my email, the app catalogue, but anything that goes over the internet (evdo or wifi) does not work anymore (engadget, google maps, palm's browser, etc.)

pretty bad when I cant even go to palm or sprint's websites from the phone to request help.

I've also performed a full erase to no avail. Still no internet at all, full email and app catalogue though. Performed a quick test and everything is a-ok or so it said.

This seems to be amounting to something.
    hey just do a power cycle on your router. Worked for me!
    I am going to try to restore the phone and start a new account so maybe it wont restore a patch or something. At this point I will try anything!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    hey just do a power cycle on your router. Worked for me!
    Not a router issue- I've got two other computers on it and they work fine, plus that was the first thing I tried

Wonder what the occurrence rate of this is? Must not be too high yet or more people would be in an uproar
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I noticed it not working for Facebook, yahoo, PreCentral.net (mobile version). Everything else that I tried with WiFi work fast and fine!
    After my OTA update to 1.4, my Pre was super slow and wifi would not work at all. I had to do webos doctor 1.4 and now it's working great.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'd really rather not have to do a doctor just to get my wifi working again- The only thing I've got on my phone is Preware (no patches) - the upstart manager service and package manager service + like two of my own apps and app catalogue apps. Nothing crazy. Seems pretty bizarre. And now as we speak - was continuing to test the wifi and had a browser page "loading" (spinning wheel, no actual loader, persay) and the lock screen turned into the webpage - I unlocked it and put the phone back into sleep. Then the power button became unresponsive so I held it down for a bit, still nothing... then the palm reboot logo.

Kind of saddens me - I've never had any problems with this phone. I'm hoping this manages to get resolved. Wonder if it's somehow preware related? I managed to update preware and upstart to the most recent versions, but that's it.