1.    #1  
    I DOS windows pops up and goes away instantly, wont start at all. I have installed the latest version of Java as well. I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Did it start before the 1.4 update?

It does require the correct version of the WebOS Doctor.
    Find the file path to webosquickinstall.jar, open your command prompt and type "java -jar " and then the complete file path. Leave out the quotes of course. That should get it to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I DOS windows pops up and goes away instantly, wont start at all. I have installed the latest version of Java as well. I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    Does it give a java error? I forget the exact error I got (something about something being invalid) but clearing my cache and then re-downloading did the trick.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Find the file path to webosquickinstall.jar, open your command prompt and type "java -jar " and then the complete file path. Leave out the quotes of course. That should get it to load.
    I typed in java -jar C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Pre\WebOSQuickInstall.jar and it came back with 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Does it give a java error? I forget the exact error I got (something about something being invalid) but clearing my cache and then re-downloading did the trick.
    There is no java error, a CMD prompt opens and closes so quickly I cant see what it says. This is the same issue I had on my other Windows 7 machine.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Install Java

java.com: Java + You
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

I did, here is what it says:

"Verifying Java Version
    Congratulations!
    You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 18).

If you want to download Java for another computer or Operating System, see all Java downloads here.

To find out if Java is working on your system please visit:
    Test your Java Virtual Machine (JVM) "
    Ok, search for java.exe on your machine and use the full path to execute it

e.g.

C:\program files\sun\java\bin\java.exe -jar C:\path\to\webosquickinstall.jar

Hope it helps
  9.    #9  
    I type:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe -jar C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Pre\WebOSQuickInstall.jar

and this is what i get back "C:\Program' is not recongnized as an intrnal or external command, operable program or batch file"
    I couldn't get mine to open until I deleted the old WOSQI and WOSDoc files complete and downloaded the newest version cleanly. now it works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I type:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe -jar C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Pre\WebOSQuickInstall.jar

and this is what i get back "C:\Program' is not recongnized as an intrnal or external command, operable program or batch file"
    Try enclosing the entire java command on double quotes:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Pre\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    I have this problem too. I click WOSQI and a DOS window opens up. PLEASE HELP THIS MAN!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Try enclosing the entire java command on double quotes:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\Users\Brandon\Desktop\Pre\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    It WORKED!!!!!!!!! thanks much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    I couldn't get mine to open until I deleted the old WOSQI and WOSDoc files complete and downloaded the newest version cleanly. now it works fine
    KSFireman - Thanks for posting!! This is the answer I've been trying to find for the last 2 days! I thought that since the previous files for WOSQI and WEBOS Doc were in a different folder - it wouldn't interfere with the new downloads and installs.. Wiping the old files solved my problem...Thanks again!!! Willy
    I have tried runninng WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1.jar and I get a splash screen, an empty directory called "Install" created and nothing else. If I run it from a command window (I'm running Windows Vista 32bit) I get the following error message;

X:\Staging\staging\HP Devices\Touchpad>"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
    -jar WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\Java
    \jre6\bin\awt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeLater(Unknown Source)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application.launch(Application.java:181)
    at ca.canucksoftware.wosqi.WebOSQuickInstallApp.main(WebOSQuickInstallAp
    p.java:106)

Does this mean that I haven't got a proper installation of Java somehow?
    what command line are you using?
    Try uninstalling then reinstalling java.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'm using the DOS / Windows Vista command line, CMD.EXE
    Perfect ... Uninstalling and re-installing Java did it. Thanks