1.    #1  
    1) Why is the Text field fixed in the SMS Messaging App or in a text field in the web browser? If I type a long SMS message, I cannot scroll back to the top to view what I typed. The only window that moves is the portion that contains the conversation. Why is that?

2) Also, why is Palm so reluctant to fix the 5 second SMS ringtone length!? This is annoying! Why cannot the ringtone ring until I press a button on the phone or touch the screen?

I assumed these two things were bugs to be fixed in the 1.4 update. If anyone have any answers, please help?
    to scroll through the text you have written hold the orange/grey symbol key and move the curser by gesturing on the screen. Took me a little while to find that so I thought I should pass that on.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, I did not know that. So any info about the 5-second SMS and Email ringtone length? Then my device will be complete until Voice Dialing and Bluetooth Object Push is made available, of course.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    to change the ringtones is to copy your own MP3 file(s) with the sounds/lengths you want on the Pre and choose them as the defaults on the Sounds & Ringtones app. If you don't have any and don't want to invest in a file cutter to shrink the length of songs, etc., there are tons of places to download MP3 files already clipped. Alternatively, you could download patches like SMS per contact.
    I would hardly call a 5 second ringtone limit for an SMS a 'major bug'.. in fact I would call it a feature.
    #fail

What bugs you is not a bug. One was a misunderstanding, and one was an easily patched annoyance.
  7.    #7  
    I have tried the SMS per contact patch and it didn't work. I have transferred the MP3 files at their corrected lengths and that doesn't work.
    The SMS 5 second ringtone length is a bug to me because this is the first phone to do that and I was told that the phone didn't do this prior to the 1.3.5 update.
    The text field thing was a misunderstanding, which I pointed out and thanked the person who told me, but the fact remains that there is no patch or anything for the SMS ringtone length. So don't become angry with me, since I was not the first person to point this out.
    I tell you what wasn't fixed besides the two things you mentioned...."Too many cards" when trying to open a 3d game after having previously played another one.
  9.    #9  
    You are absolutely right about the "Sorry, Too Many Cards Issue." I get it almost constantly. I hate having to restart my phone, but as I mentioned in another post, I think that only the added memory from the Plus model can solve that. I hate Palm never released the Plus models on Sprint. I know a better device might be released soon on Sprint but hey, I live in the now. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by emcdonald75 View Post
    You are absolutely right about the "Sorry, Too Many Cards Issue." I get it almost constantly. I hate having to restart my phone, but as I mentioned in another post, I think that only the added memory from the Plus model can solve that. I hate Palm never released the Plus models on Sprint. I know a better device might be released soon on Sprint but hey, I live in the now. Lol.
    Well, in theory, all they would have to fix is to tell webOS to ask all of its memory back from the App that was just closed. Sounds simple, but is it?
  11.    #11  
    I wish Palm figure the memory leaking problem soon. For example, I was playing The Dig using ScummVM and I had a text message. I checked the text message and then my phone says application error and that ScummVM had to close. My phone slowed down to a crawl. I guess the point I'm making is that how can the Palm Pre multitask if the phone cannot switch between apps without running out of memory.
    Remember that a luna restart (which you can do via Luna Manager, or by the Advanced Reset patch) is much quicker than a restart.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  13.    #13  
    Thank you. I am going to install th Advanced Reset patch now. :-)
    also try jstop app in preware. you can set it to garbage collect auto and should help clear memory issues. it isn't 100% but i know it has helped a lot of people.
    1) Why is the Text field fixed in the SMS Messaging App or in a text field in the web browser? If I type a long SMS message, I cannot scroll back to the top to view what I typed. The only window that moves is the portion that contains the conversation. Why is that?

2) Also, why is Palm so reluctant to fix the 5 second SMS ringtone length!? This is annoying! Why cannot the ringtone ring until I press a button on the phone or touch the screen?

I assumed these two things were bugs to be fixed in the 1.4 update. If anyone have any answers, please help?
    man before crying about things you should google the phones features 1st and read all the things it does short cuts etc...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    any help with getting my phone to remember passwords for websites i use?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I prefer the 5sec SMS ring, but the funny thing is I wasn't expecting the 5sec but the song I chose for the notification ends perfectly for a message.

What's more awesome is that if I have multiple notifications coming in the song will continue until there are no more to notify me.
  18.    #18  
    I will try the jstop app. Thank you. I'm just accustomed to having a ringtone play until I press something on the screen or keyboard (if applicable). Honestly, this is the first phone I own that's not Windows Mobile. I can say that overall I love webOS but I just miss certain things about WM like bluetooth OBEX, voice dialing, and being able to play my ringtones without them being cut off until I press something. I just don't see a problem to let the ringtone play until I, the user, choose for it to stop. These are legitimate concerns for me, not complaints and if one cannot answer with advice don't answer at all. Like I said, I like webOS, but improvements are needed and I am one voice of many to give Palm feedback.