Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it me or is anyone else having an issue with the Multi-Mod Patch for the broswer? When I have it installed I can't use my browser at all but when I take it off it works fine. Problem is I use a couple of the features from the Patch and would really like to use it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, had to remove it.
    Remove and you will be fine
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    same issue here. also removed it and the browser is fine now
    guess it needs an update, ugh cant open preware to remove it
    Cant access any bookmarks in my browser, and when I type in the URL manually it just give a white screen. Working on getting PreWare to uninstall whatever is the problem...think I got Multi-Mod installed also.
    Went into preware and I get an error removing the patch..

Anyone know what terminal command ican use in quickinstall to get rid of it
    man i hope they fix this patch some im lost without the multi mod shortcut buttons lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    guyz does anyone have any ideas how i can remove the patch when i use quickinstall to remove it i get this error.
    http://tinypic.com/m/9900sk/3
    just wait for the updated patch is all i can say
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just got it to install. Had to remove it, then go back into Preware and install it. It may have just been updated to work correctly...

Well, now that it installed, my browser has stopped working completely. Just a white frozen screen. Gonna try to uninstall it and see if that brings the browser back.
    Last edited by arkieboy; 02/27/2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update-
    doctored to 1.4...fixed the problem...wont be installing any browser patches until things are confirmed to work.
    is there a dummy patch i can still get for this? so that i know when that problem described above is fixed and so i can then update?
    Same happen to me, removed it and will wait for update. I can live without patch but I can't without the web. Sad I know I blame Precentral for this addiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    guyz does anyone have any ideas how i can remove the patch when i use quickinstall to remove it i get this error.
    Access Denied - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Same error here, won't uninstall. Any ideas??
    EPR
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    reinstall in preware. If not, then in tweaks or repository in quick install. If one of those works, uninstall in device management in quickinstall. If none of that works...then maybe epr
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    reinstall in preware. If not, then in tweaks or repository in quick install. If one of those works, uninstall in device management in quickinstall. If none of that works...then maybe epr
    Tried both in preware and wosqi, no luck. ran EPR, now the multimod does not show, but the web browser is still not working like when the multimod was installed. I tried to re-install it to try to uninstall, and get this message:

STATUS
    Nothing Interesting

INSTALL
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multimod
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multimod (1.4.0-15) to root...
    Downloading http://ipk.preware.org/feeds/webos-p...4.0-15_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multimod

UNLOCK
    Nothing Interesting

POSTINST
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.appbrowser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.appbrowser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.appbrowser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.appbrowser/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.appbrowser/stylesheets/browser.css.rej

LOCK
    Nothing Interesting

STATUS
    Nothing interesting

REMOVE
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multimod from root...

FAILED
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-installscript excecution

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I also tried a battery pull, and luna restart.
    remove all web browser patches and try again, if that doesn't knock it loose use the updated repair utility, if that is a no go visit the dr. its nice to get a clean start!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    doctoring mine now. wish i would have seen this before...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast