1.    #1  
    when trying to upload to youtube I get this error instantly. Rebooted 3 times and removed battery.

when I select "retry" it instantly fails.

Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    if I didn't edit anything, including even the category, then it worked. Nice bug :-/
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yup, nice little bug, was having the same problem when I edited the file name, then I left it as is and it worked fine.
    What characters are you using? I had this problem at first because I was trying to stick an & in the title. Once I changed it, it worked. Maybe it'll help some of you.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have tried all of these things and it doesn't work. I am able to upload to facebook fine, but when I try to upload to youtube it doesn't even load. It gives the uploading to youtube pop-up immediately followed by the unexpected error. I have made no changes to the video, name, description or any of that. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?
    That worked for me, too. Not changing any of the details in the upload actually allows me to upload a video to youtube.
    Last edited by thh204; 03/02/2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Adding text
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem. I guess I'll just wait until the bug is fixed. What's the point of uploading something when the name and category is all messed up?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how to send a video to TwitVid by MMS so I can just avoid YouTube altogether. But I would like to be able to use YouTube.

Anyone know the answer on the TwitVid thing?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Tried to send it MMS using my TwitVid email addy, and nothing. Hmm.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok so it does work, just takes forever. Still trying to figure out how to add a message with it. The words in the text field aren't coming up. Sorry - carry on about YouTube. :/
    I tried uploading without changing the title, or any details including the category. It might be just the title that has to stay the same, but I'm not going to bother with any of it on the phone anyway. It works. Thanks for the solution guys!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    I tried uploading without changing the title, or any details including the category. It might be just the title that has to stay the same, but I'm not going to bother with any of it on the phone anyway. It works. Thanks for the solution guys!
    How long did it take to upload? And how long is your video?
    it happened to me too and now it does it with facebook(since1.4.1.1) but this time i had no luck keeping the name, it just wont upload
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgrules View Post
    I have tried all of these things and it doesn't work. I am able to upload to facebook fine, but when I try to upload to youtube it doesn't even load. It gives the uploading to youtube pop-up immediately followed by the unexpected error. I have made no changes to the video, name, description or any of that. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?
    I'm in the opposite boat...Youtube is fine, facebook is not. Tried uploading a video of my car one day (was stuffed full of styrofoam blocks) and I had to put my phone in usb mode, copy the files over and upload it on my laptop.

Lemme know if you wanna see the office hijinks and my car filled with foam lol. I'll toss it on youtube.
    heres what works for me. Might be different for you. Take video. I edit all the details in video roll. Close video then reopen video rolls again and upload directly to youtube with all fields already filled out except tags to youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by anjm2004 View Post
    heres what works for me. Might be different for you. Take video. I edit all the details in video roll. Close video then reopen video rolls again and upload directly to youtube with all fields already filled out except tags to youtube.
    This right here....Thats how you get it to work most of the time..
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    This bug still occurs for me, attempting to upload to youtube (haven't tried Facebook). I can't get the workaround to work - can't see any way to edit title/category where the change actually gets saved. Whether I exit Video app and reopen it, or merely swipe back to the list of videos and again tap the same one, the Title has gone back to the original. This is webOS 1.4.5.
  18. ZFF
    I too can't upload to youtube if I change anything, not even the category. If I upload with no changes it flies. HOW LONG HAS THIS BUG EXISTED? Since at least February? Lame. So very lame.