Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The only problem that I can find so far with 1.4. I can download the mobile site for the NY Times but it will not scroll. You can zoom in and out and select things to read. All my other websites seem to work fine.
    mine scrolls fine. Both the article selection and actual articles. (reading about 8.8 earthquake)
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    If a page won't scroll, I've seen this with m.twitter.com also, then switch from portrait to landscape and back again and it usually helps.
    Mike
    Sidetop Software
    http://www.sidetop.com
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Mine still seems to be broken. I rebooted; cleared all the cookies, history and cache; but it still won't scroll. It will rotate between landscape and portrait but won't scroll in either. If I double tap it will zoom in. none of my other websites have this problem. other than that 1.4 seems to be a good update.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bart001 View Post
    The only problem that I can find so far with 1.4. I can download the mobile site for the NY Times but it will not scroll. You can zoom in and out and select things to read. All my other websites seem to work fine.
    I'm having the same issue with the mobile New York Times site that others have mentioned. None of the other mentioned "fixes" work for me (clear cookies/cache, rotate to landscape and back, reboot, etc.), but there is one workaround that hasn't been mentioned...use the NYT reader from the app catalog. Not nearly as good an experience as the mobile. website (IMO), but at least a temp fix until this issue gets worked out.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I didn't care either for the NYT reader when it came out, the website worked well (till 1.4).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm also having this problem. Really like the mobile NY Times site.
  8. pjs
    Broken here too. If the mobile app supported lanscape it would be an option. Same goes for engadget.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. mobile.nytimes.com loads but does not scroll. Outside of the ability to save articles for reading when there is not network connection, the nytimes mobile app simply does not provide the same experience as mobile.nytimes.com. How do we complain about this bug so it gets fixed?
    Same problem here. Posted similar message in the problems with OS 1.4 upgrade thread.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Same here. NYT mobile is a no go
    +1. Not working.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Seems to be fixed now. Works like it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat View Post
    Seems to be fixed now. Works like it used to.
    I confirm. Yesterday it wouldn't scroll for me. This morning, it's working fine.
    this problem just hit me last week (1/21/11). does anyone else have this problem?
  16. pjs
    mobile.nytimes.com seems to be working fine for me.