1.    #1  
    When a TEXT comes through the LED notification blinks twice quickly.

When an EMAIL comes through it does a slow, long blink like the patch.

Also, when you hit the top button just take a peek at the text or email and you hit it again without unlocking the phone or swiping away the text/email the notification stops (unlike the patch). Much better.

Although as I was typing this post I got an email and it blinked twice quickly so I dont know what is going on now. Anyone mess with this yet?
    Last edited by Blipstein; 02/27/2010 at 12:18 PM.
    There is no spoon
    The LED for TEXT blinked twice for me, but then i restarted my phone and now it does one long blink
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Mine does the double blink for both text and email.

EDIT: Now after restarting it is doing the one long flash for text and 2 for email. Strange....
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/27/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    I noticed if you hit the button to turn on the screen and then let the screen go back to sleep without hitting the button to turn it off, it will continue to blink.
    Someone else guessed that it depends on the number of notifications. One notification = slow blink. Two or more notifications = double blink.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Someone else guessed that it depends on the number of notifications. One notification = slow blink. Two or more notifications = double blink.

That would rock
    There is no spoon
    I think i figured it out for texts. If the phone is on silent, texts will be one long blink. If the phone is on loud, texts will double blink
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    I think i figured it out for texts. If the phone is on silent, texts will be one long blink. If the phone is on loud, texts will double blink
    I have not been on silent at all and have gotten both notifications
    There is no spoon
    BTW, it was never a patch. It only "enabled" the feature that Palm included by removing the comments from the existing code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Yes, this would rock!
  11.    #11  
    Now I am completely confused. I receive a text. It did the slow, long blink. I hit the button to wake up the screen and let it go back to sleep on it's own without hitting the button again. It then started to blink twice quickly. W T F???

But I did confirm that if you hit the button to wake up the screen and then hit it again to put it to sleep, the notification goes away. But if you dont hit the button to put it back to sleep the notification continues.
    There is no spoon
    Keyboard closed:
    One text = slow blink
    Two texts = slow blink

Keyboard open:
    One text = double blink
    Two texts = slow blink
    I can't figure it out, i think Palm just needs to tell us.

If I restart my phone it will only do one long blink, but then if i turn blink notification on and off it will do double blink

@Blipstein, yea if you let it go back to sleep it double blinks weird.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hey can some one help me? i cant get the led notification to work on palm pre.

i used the patch to enable them previously. last night i ran the emergency remove all patches thingi and now after 1.4 i dont get notification? what should i do?

is it coz i did not off the notifications before updating to 1.4?
    I am not understanding the logic Palm? Maybe it is a bug that needs to be worked out.

It would be ideal for it to blink twice for more than one message, and I dont want an open or closed keyboard to affect it one way or the other.
    could be it's just simply random
    My Pre: 1 long blink for text messages. 2 quick blinks for email.

If you receive a text (1 long blink), and later receive an email, you get 2 quick blinks.

This has been my experience so far.
    Im sorry but this is hysterical. I think everyone has a completely different blink pattern!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    I can't figure it out, i think Palm just needs to tell us.
    I don't think they have a clue.

Missed calls (with no voicemail) won't give you an LED notification unless you wake the screen up, which defeats the purpose because by that time you can see the missed call alert on the screen.

As soon as you wake the screen up, the LED starts blinking. That's how it works on my Pre. It reminds me of driving on the highway and someone pulling over in your lane and then using their turn signal as an afterthought.

I have simple PIN lock set up so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksumanth View Post
    hey can some one help me? i cant get the led notification to work on palm pre.

i used the patch to enable them previously. last night i ran the emergency remove all patches thingi and now after 1.4 i dont get notification? what should i do?

is it coz i did not off the notifications before updating to 1.4?
    Did you turn it back on in the Screen & Lock app? ("Blink Notifications", last option on the card)