1.    #1  
    I thought I previously read that the new preware allowed one to upgrade without un-installing and then re-installing any patches. Is this the case...I cant find anything about it anymore.

Thanks in advance.
    I had 40 patches and it was a flawless install
    Yes it is. Just go to Preware after updating and "update all" of your patches. It seems as though a few didn't make it through but most did. I'm mostly missing a few patches from WOQI VK is not compatible atm as well.
    after install you must go to preware,update yr feeds,,then update patches.
    Completely safe. After upgrading a few patches wouldn't reinstall so I just removed those. Just like was said before none of your patches will be active after the update until you go in preware and update the patches.
    I removed theme, kept patches, updated with no problems.

I did have too many icons on my first launcher screen (I use 4x4) so some overlapped and I couldn't go to other launcher pages. I just deleted 2 programs I don't use, it made room for everything else and all works fine.

I went to Preware, I did have to remove and reinstall patches after the update. The update all button gave me errors, but now all are reinstalled and work great.
    What about themes?
    I uninstalled my theme, but the auto patch update went perfect. Only the haptic feedback for the calculator was missing.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I had only 1 patch installed and Preware won't even load correctly after updating to 1.4. It just sits there, presumably downloading the package feeds, but finally times out. (my internet connection is fine) I've rebooted several times and each time have the same problem. The patch I had installed was the advanced reset options one. Anyone else stuck like me??
    I just installed 1.4. None of my patches kept. I had the 4x4 icons installed. Back to 3x3. I had the battery icon as a percent installed, now back to the battery icon. I see in Preware, they appear to still be installed but not active. So do we have to remove and reapply?
    Is there another way to remove a theme besides WOSQI? It's not recognizing my Cowboys theme and says the default one is installed.

Thanks.
    Can't update my patches :-(

Seems as though their servers are being hammered. I continually keep getting "connect" errors.

Would the rest of you guys stop updating your patches while I access the servers? ;-) ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I just installed 1.4. None of my patches kept. I had the 4x4 icons installed. Back to 3x3. I had the battery icon as a percent installed, now back to the battery icon. I see in Preware, they appear to still be installed but not active. So do we have to remove and reapply?
    "Update all" through Preware
    I don't want to do that b/c there are some updates for Paid apps that I do not want to update. Ex. PhotoDialer is under my Package Update in Preware but its for the paid version. I don't want the paid version.
    Well then don't "update all" and just do it selectively.
    everyone in the world is on preware now clogging up teh servers cant log on!
    Preware just sticks at 'downloading feed information', went to quick install, it said that it was updating patches, got errors on two, but upon restarting, none of the patches were there ... what next???
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I don't want to do that b/c there are some updates for Paid apps that I do not want to update. Ex. PhotoDialer is under my Package Update in Preware but its for the paid version. I don't want the paid version.
    update all skips app catalog apps.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I just get a big list of crap after it tries to download feeds and then I get the standard IPKG error when trying to update the patches.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    My update went fine, I did notice that my carrier string (Sprint) in the upper left corner of the screen is gone! Don't know if it a patch causing it or not. Any else?