Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    DUMB.
    Not me, sometimes when I click on an app, I wonder if I did because nothing would happen sometimes. Now with this, click, see card loading and no more worries if I didn't tap on the app.
    ^Love it, for the same reason.
    I love it. iPhone loads the Apps so fast (not only, but mainly) with snapshots and Pre with the SplashCard. Very good idea in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Not I. Immediate confirmation of your intent is a good thing in my book.
    I'm liking it. Even if its not faster, it gives feedback that its doing something.
    i love it. i totally agree with the previous poster. and, i don't know if it's placebo, or just that that card makes it seem like something is going on, but it feels like apps load faster. maybe it's not placebo effect and is a real speed increase?
    I love it. Not because of the Placebo effect, but because of two things. 1. It lets me know that I did indeed click on an app and it's opening, and 2. If I open the wrong app I know I did right away and can toss the card away as soon as possible. Much better than before.

EDIT: Forgot the 3rd reason I love it. 3. Now when I open an app it's in minimized card form while loading so I can go straight to the launcher and open another app as well.
    Nice touch, takes the 'waiting' feeling away for that second or two.

Hate is such a strong word by the way. Instead of hate, try, I would rather like it to do this or that. Just insulting something is a waste of your time . . . . . . .
    Sometimes I don't like it. For instance apps like the Phone used to come up ready to go for me almost instantly before, so now the splash makes me wait a lil till it loads. I do think the splash looks real nice though & is good for slow loading apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Not me, sometimes when I click on an app, I wonder if I did because nothing would happen sometimes. Now with this, click, see card loading and no more worries if I didn't tap on the app.
    This is the main reason I like it. It also adds some eye candy so when you show it off to your friends, they will swoon
    love it
    Anyone who doesn't like this is crazy.

AlwayzRight? Not this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    exactly! That's why I like it.
  15. wnk
    I love it!

I hated not being sure if i clicked on a app.
    Sometimes splash screens have the issue of telling the user "this app is loading...". I think Apple did this very well in that they basically take a screenshot of the application, load and display that, then load the application. It gives the illusion that the applications open faster.

Though, I'd say all iPhone apps load much faster than any Pre app but this is simple due to architectural differences; the Pre has to create an instance of WebKit, parse and render everything where as iPhone applications directly communicate to the OS what to display.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I love it as well. Makes it feel faster, and perception is reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I love it. Not because of the Placebo effect, but because of two things. 1. It lets me know that I did indeed click on an app and it's opening, and 2. If I open the wrong app I know I did right away and can toss the card away as soon as possible. Much better than before.

EDIT: Forgot the 3rd reason I love it. 3. Now when I open an app it's in minimized card form while loading so I can go straight to the launcher and open another app as well.
    Agree with all of this!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Sometimes I don't like it. For instance apps like the Phone used to come up ready to go for me almost instantly before, so now the splash makes me wait a lil till it loads.
    +1

My phone app you use to be instant and always wondered why people complained about the phone app lag.. after 1.4 I know now..

So has anyone done any digging to see if it is a feature that can be turned off on a per app basis or is it os wide...

Would love to turn it off for just the phone app....
    How cool would it be to get a quick update or tip about the app on the splash the moment or so while it loads?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast