Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So you would rather tap an app and see nothing for a few seconds until it loads? The splash screen doesn't make app loading any slower.
    I can pretty much guarantee that when i click SMS it is SO much slower to bring up, In the past it would pop right up and now it goes to that stupid splash card before finally loading. It is annoying.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Like it for the same reasons mentioned, plus, if I get fat fingers and hit the wrong app on accident I can swipe it off the screen immediately.
    dont mind it...
    I don't mind the splash screen so much. Programs seem to load a bit faster, though this is likely a matter of perception (same as many of those who seem to see longer load times). I do think the current iteration is rather ugly and utilitarian. I rather see something a bit more flashy or informative personally.
    I hate to ask, but If I knew enough I wouldnt ask, Id just do it myself - has any one figured out a way to make it stop using the splash ?
    My opinion is that its good to get feedback, but the fact that I see a splash screen up for 3-5 seconds is a REALLY bad sign. Really the splash screen shouldn't be even noticeable. There's no reason an app should take so long to load... especially basic features like phone dialing and SMS. Hopefully this will all be fixed by 1.5.
    Yeah I like it. I don't wonder anymore if I hit the app and its loading or I didn't hit the app. Plus it does give those who trying the phone out that it loads apps a little faster than what it really does. That will help sell phones.
    Can't stand it, would like a patch to disable....
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    My opinion is that its good to get feedback, but the fact that I see a splash screen up for 3-5 seconds is a REALLY bad sign. Really the splash screen shouldn't be even noticeable. There's no reason an app should take so long to load... especially basic features like phone dialing and SMS. Hopefully this will all be fixed by 1.5.
    I agree looking at a splash card everytime I click something is starting to make me consider Android or Iphone. I hate it that bad. You shouldn't have to look at a splash card for so long.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Took me a day to get used to it, but now I kinda like it. I haven't seen any slowdown with launching the apps either.
    actually , demoing the pre to a customer when he sees the calendar app "hang" because the splash seems like its "loading" they turn to me and say , wow it takes that long.. i thought it was good in the begining but now i feel like it seems that things take longer ... even though they dont.

i would much rather see a snapshop of what the card state was during the apps last session, than seeing just a blinking icon
    I hate it. It reminds me that the app hasn't loaded yet. The "halo" when I tap is enough for me.
    HATE it. It was one of the reasons I doctored back to 1.3.5.1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456