Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Don't care for it. It's quite silly and unproductive. Palm should, instead of giving the appearance of the device being faster, put some effort into ACTUALLY making it faster. Just another sad attempt by Palm to bail water out of their sinking ship. If it wasn't for the great Homebrew folks making awesome patches, apps, and themes, the Pre would be borderline useless.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    That didn't take long for the complainers to come out, lol. I think the splash card is a nice touch.
    The only problem I have with it is my initial reflex is to think the app is in a card, and to press the button to maximize it. Would like the splash screen better if it started in full size.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I don't like it either, still slow as xmas!
    the phone app comes up right away for me.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Count me as a big fan. For all the reasons given here. My only problem is that now I have to remake my themes to include 256px icons...damn you Palm
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I like it. A nice added touch. This was a great update. Palm needs to keep em coming. I like my Pre again!
    I like it.
  8.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by gersh49 View Post
    I found this, from Smartphone Fanatics, illuminating:

"Startup Card

This new "feature" drives me nuts. Before this feature was baked, or perhaps half-baked, into webOS, I never thought that app load times where longer then any other smartphone. Now I have a graphic that gets in my face every time I launch a new application that reminds me that I have to wait for my application to load. Ugh! I hate the start up card because I almost always flick cards away when I'm done using an app, so I start apps up all the time. Hopefully, we'll be given an option to turn this option off in a future release of webOS."

Smartphone Fanatics: Palm webOS 1.4.0 Impressions

Couldn't have said it any better...Palm should give us the OPTION to turn this off. When I click on my calender and it goes to a freaking splash card it seems WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWay to slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better...Palm should give us the OPTION to turn this off. When I click on my calender and it goes to a freaking splash card it seems WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWay to slow.
    So you would rather tap an app and see nothing for a few seconds until it loads? The splash screen doesn't make app loading any slower.
    Funny how Apple does exactly the same thing and people love it running around telling everybody their iPhone is a lot faster to load apps.
    It seems to be a lot harder to please Palm-users
    some of them, like the camcorder, the splash screen rotates whilst loading (when you rotate the phone)............others dont

lack of consistency
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Don't care for it. It's quite silly and unproductive. Palm should, instead of giving the appearance of the device being faster, put some effort into ACTUALLY making it faster. Just another sad attempt by Palm to bail water out of their sinking ship. If it wasn't for the great Homebrew folks making awesome patches, apps, and themes, the Pre would be borderline useless.
    borderline useless? please.
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    +1

My phone app you use to be instant and always wondered why people complained about the phone app lag.. after 1.4 I know now..

So has anyone done any digging to see if it is a feature that can be turned off on a per app basis or is it os wide...

Would love to turn it off for just the phone app....
    +1
    thats funny because the splash dosent come in for me i the phone app. as soon as i press the phone app it opens simple as that no wait
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    DUMB.
    AlwayzRight I don't think you are AlwayzRight this time.

I like the splash cards too.

- Craig
    I do like it but by force of habit I pres the center button when I open an app to minimize it now I double tap it cause I forget.

The thing that I strongly dislike (because hate is to strong) is that the lower launcher bar disappears when you open an app like this, why? it would be nice to say click my messaging app open and my email app open without having to swipe up to get the bar back.

is there someone working on a patch to keep the bar there I feel like when Im on a windows computer and explorer dies whenever I open an app.
    if you rename the splash page you get a nice transparent card. This will change the default one you have to go into the palm apps (phone, cal, etc) to change their splash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Well, I liked 'em.

I love watching the little penguin glow a couple of times when I launch Preware.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    if you rename the splash page you get a nice transparent card. This will change the default one you have to go into the palm apps (phone, cal, etc) to change their splash.
    How did you rename the splash page? that would be better to have it transparent.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast