Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Sometimes I don't like it. For instance apps like the Phone used to come up ready to go for me almost instantly before, so now the splash makes me wait a lil till it loads. I do think the splash looks real nice though & is good for slow loading apps.
    +1 on the phone app. I really like it minus this app.
    I used to open an app, then press on the button to see it, although a blank white card, opening.

This fixes my obsession with doing that
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    One con for me is that when I load an app i like to full swipe back to another one while the one i just clicked fully opens. Seems like it does not work with the splash screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    +1

My phone app you use to be instant and always wondered why people complained about the phone app lag.. after 1.4 I know now..

So has anyone done any digging to see if it is a feature that can be turned off on a per app basis or is it os wide...

Would love to turn it off for just the phone app....
    It is off for the phone app. It only happens the very first time that you launch the phone app after a reboot and then from that point forward the behavior is exactly the same as it was in 1.3.5.
    That didn't take long for the complainers to come out, lol. I think the splash card is a nice touch.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I guess I'll join the minorities and say I dislike the splash card as well. Here are some reasons:
    - I like my apps to open, not halfway open first. I've found that in some instances I bump something and it stays minimized.
    - Apps like Quake now require 2 cards to run instead of 1. 1 for splash, 1 for game.
    - Other apps that run in the background that don't normally show a window now show the splash card instead.
    - Makes things seem slower to me. Almost like a "now loading" screen. Before an app would fill the screen then load. Now every app, even fast ones, have to take that middle step first.

Anyhow, glad everyone loves it. Being the minority here I'll just get used to it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    yep, I also like the flash screen. I think it adds to the elegance of webos. Plus at the very least the splash screen comes up almost instantly after pressing an icon, giving the impression of speed
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    How cool would it be to get a quick update or tip about the app on the splash the moment or so while it loads?
    May be cool for you, but I'm sure a lot will complain about it. People here love to complain.
    I'm with the OP. Not liking the splash card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    It is off for the phone app. It only happens the very first time that you launch the phone app after a reboot and then from that point forward the behavior is exactly the same as it was in 1.3.5.
    This is true. I noticed this issue this morning. After you launch it once, it will not launch in card view after than unless you reboot the phone. It would be nice for them to make the phone app exempt from this behavior though.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 02/27/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    I don't like it. Makes it seem like all apps take too long to load. I just want to tap and go. Not tap and wait.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    - Makes things seem slower to me. Almost like a "now loading" screen. Before an app would fill the screen then load. Now every app, even fast ones, have to take that middle step first.
    No. Before 1.4, the middle step was staring at a blank piece of your wallpaper while you waited for the app to load. Now you get immediate visual notification that the app is loading. It is definitely not slower. It is definitely a huge improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    DUMB.
    Wrong. For all the reasons stated above.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I don't like it. Makes it seem like all apps take too long to load. I just want to tap and go. Not tap and wait.....
    It has always been tap and wait.
    I love the new splash screens, makes it feel faster even if it isn't in reality, just made the phone feel slow staring at a background for a couple of seconds before anything appeared
    I don't like the flashing aspect if it, I think it is putting emphasis on the fact that you are waiting. But I love the fact that the card comes up instantly. Overall very happy. Thank you Palm!!
    I like it, it gives the impression that the app is loading faster.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Love it
    seems like it helps the UI flow better...i like
    i have to say i do like it
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast