Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does anyone know about or have this problem? After updating to 1.4 and rebooting 3 times, the volume icon appears every time I wake up the phone by sliding the keyboard open. Not a big deal but annoying as my power button is pushed in and really hard to operate. I am not a techie...is there an official way to let Palm know about this?
    you know, this may sound like a strange question, but do you have the touchstone backing on your pre? if you do, try removing the backing and just using the phone without it.

I know it may sound weird, but I removed mine to take out the battery and after i locked and relocked it once without the backing, the bug went away. At first I thought it extreme coincidence, but time and time again, I add the backing, get the bug, take it off and it disappears. This could also explain why only some people have it.
    I have this bug and is getting quite annoying. And I don't have the touchstone charging back.
    Quote Originally Posted by idealEric View Post
    you know, this may sound like a strange question, but do you have the touchstone backing on your pre? if you do, try removing the backing and just using the phone without it.

I know it may sound weird, but I removed mine to take out the battery and after i locked and relocked it once without the backing, the bug went away. At first I thought it extreme coincidence, but time and time again, I add the backing, get the bug, take it off and it disappears. This could also explain why only some people have it.
    I just tried this and it fixed my problem.

Seems as if circuitry (possibly for the video) was unlocked and is now being shorted by the Touchstone?
    hmm I just yanked my battery out and left it unplugged for a couple minutes and plugged it back in and all it well so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I just tried this and it fixed my problem.
    I'm glad its not just me then. I'm going to see how this plays out over the next couple of days. for now, I'm just going to deal with it, and if I really hate it, just take the backing off. if I only had my non-touchstone backing with me so I could test with that.
    I still have the problem with the touchstone back off.
    its not the backing, instead, it seems to related to putting pressure on the phone, as in pinching the phone. extra physical pressure, like that which occurs when you push on the phone to slide the screen up or down, seems to cause the behavior.

even when I have the phone closed and i just push on the screen a bit, i get the bug. I'm just baffled that a software update caused this.
    there is a volume bug when in a call and switching to speaker phone. the volume goes up and down. weird
    yeah removing the battery only helps stop it for a bit but it does mostly happen when I open and close the slider... I wonder if doctoring it would help...
  11. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Yep... I've got exactly the same problem. However, I'm not entirely convinced this is directly related to 1.4.

What I mean is that prior to the release, I have always had this sort of random clicking sound - hard to explain, but sounds sort of electrical. It would mostly happen when I was holding the phone, but also after I set it down. Sometimes while it was in the Touchstone charger and other times just when I would slide the phone open and closed. Often times it would be accompanied by the screen coming on without me touching the phone.

It was very annoying, but other than that, it didn't seem to affect my usage. However, after the 1.4 upgrade, I still get that clicking noise, but it's now directly accompanied by the music volume gauge icon flickering like crazy.

So, I'm wondering if the 1.4 upgrade didn't cause the problem, it just made "visible". My problem is that this is actually taking over the Pre - in that it won't recognize gestures or let me press any notification icons in the gutter until it stops.

Ultimately, I think there is a physical/mechanical issue with the phone and 1.4 just exposed it. I'm definitely taking it in if it keeps this up.

(If I can figure a way to upload video of this, I will)
    i got this bug too and its really annoying...thought it was a patch but been too lazy to use EPR...guess im not alone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I had this problem before. I think its the actual volume button doing this and not the phone. I took out the volume button and placed it back in and it stopped acting weird.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    How did they miss this? First time i've seen this. Has to be a 1.4 issue
    i got the volume issue going on now... kinda weird cuz if i randomly tap towards the bottom left side of the phone... just off the screen... i got the volume icon to come up and actually move.. not a huge issue. I tried to get it to happen again.. but couldn't may pull battery and give it a shot... Still much less issues then the Blackberry Storm i had..

Yes i have preware installed and no i have never doctored my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy08 View Post
    I had this problem before. I think its the actual volume button doing this and not the phone. I took out the volume button and placed it back in and it stopped acting weird.
    how do you take the volume button out?
    this is huge problem for me too and nothing has fixed it

this problem only happened after the 1.4 update

fyi i love this phone but everytime i have updated with an official palm update my phone was messed up for many days.

what gives
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    Does anyone know about or have this problem? After updating to 1.4 and rebooting 3 times, the volume icon appears every time I wake up the phone by sliding the keyboard open. Not a big deal but annoying as my power button is pushed in and really hard to operate. I am not a techie...is there an official way to let Palm know about this?
    This is a problem. I change the mode from bluetooth to speaker ...the volume icon comes up...speaker to normal change doesn't lead to volume icon. When the phone is ended...the volume icon again pops up....
    I don't think this is a 1.4 bug. I get the music icon, along with the "old" speaker icon (before they swtiched to the bell). It seemed to happen before I updated, I noticed it with Pandora, as it would pause it. It's a crazy problem, though.
    --
    Brent Haag
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast