Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Exact same symptoms as all of you. The clicking, screen coming on, "headset mode", now all accompanied by the volume icon.

1.4 definately added code that causes the "new" bug to the old hardware glitch, which means all those problems are related.

So who's going to fix it?
    well i just finished doctoring my phone and installing all my "official" apps...tomorrow after class ill add all the homebrews and patches and c if i get the problem again
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

even after doctoring my pre it has came back. Oh well. happened afteri used pandora though. Connection? I dunno.
    update:knocking the cra p outta my Pre caused the headset mode to switch off and the icon popup stopped. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    update:knocking the cra p outta my Pre caused the headset mode to switch off and the icon popup stopped. Weird.
    what exactly do you mean by that?
    I think it is related to the same change or bug that changed the scroll lock behavior
    Yes, the volume icon appears for me very often, unfortunately. It definitely appears every time I end a call which is quite annoying.
    ok this just happened now...and it happened when I put my phone on the ts with the slider closed...i then picked it up pressed a bit on the to left side where the volume icons are and it went crazy....and it only happens when I have the phone with the slider closed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    This is a problem. I change the mode from bluetooth to speaker ...the volume icon comes up...speaker to normal change doesn't lead to volume icon. When the phone is ended...the volume icon again pops up....
    This is my problem as well. Ive only noticed it when the phone connects via blutooth to my cars blutooth, when i turn off my car and it disconnects from my phone it comes up again... this only started after the 1.4 update. Along with that im having the random luna restart issue that tons of others are having in another thread. I hope palm gets on top of these little glitches soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster5 View Post
    I have this issue as well..and doctoring didn't help (although I did install preware). Related I believe is the issue of no earpiece volume...toggling the ringer switch sometimes helps but not always...this was NOT happening before 1.4 (either of the issues)
    Yeah I had that Issue to over the weekend. Plugging in and unplugging a headset made that go away so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    what exactly do you mean by that?
    I mean I literally slammed my Pre against my palm several times. Note: tho I've had my pre since launch and it has been a great phone, physically it is beat up:scratched, cracked, super-oreo. If I have to Asurion it, no big whoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    my story: I've had Preware and patches dor months. after I updated to 1.4 the volume icon thing started happening. Also, my pre started failing bad, supwr lag, not reboot, so I doctored it. Then worked great. I tried using WOSQI to add one patch, the install failed, then the volume icon started happening again. This time I notice it's happening when slight pressure is applied to the ear piece (top) of the phone. I regularly twist and squeeze my pre (it has horrible oreo) but the icon thing never happened til 1.4
    YES! Mine is exactly the same. Any pressure applied by simply putting pressure on the earpiece causes it. This is extremely annoying and I'm concerned even if I get a new pre that this glitch will still be there.
    There is another thread on this also, so I think this could be pretty big. I also have the problem, happens every few minutes. The icon that is with the volume bars is the music notes which tells me I am stuck in headset mode. I don't think it is a hardware problem with the switches because if I press them right when the phantom adjustment comes up, it adjusts the phone volume with the bell icon and not the headset/music icon volume.
    I've been having this problem as well (and posted in another similar topic) - After removing all homebrew stuff, backing up and doing an app/webos erase on 1.4, I didn't have the problem (for two days). It only came back when I used the speaker this morning to listen to the radio while getting ready.

I'm in the same boat, thinking that this is a hardware bug exposed by the new code: Previously, I had a similar clicking issue mentioned above, along with my ear-speaker cutting out unless I held the phone in just the right way, with the right amount of pressure.

I talked to my local sprint store, and they ordered me a new phone (getting there today) - pending my removal of all homebrew stuff, and the "bug" still happening (which it is).
    Glad it's not just me:
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    1,4 has totally messed up my pre. I mean totally. Don't remember exactly how it started, but after I updated, I couldn't make any phonecalls. Actually I found out, that I could make phone calls, just had to turn on the speaker, the one you use for normal calling went deaf. First I reset the device, but after I reinstalled preware the problem occured again. So I thought, maybe that's the issue. After reseting the phone it worked for a couple of hours. Yesterday it started acting weird again while I didn't touch the pre something changed the volume, at the bottom of the screen the music volume appeared. Music playback is very unreliable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually I can always listen to music and make phone-calls with the headset.
    Today I did a full reset, which deleted everything, hopefully. Still the problem is there I don't hear system notifications, when killing an app by swiping the card up, the usual sound doesn't play. While dialing I can't hear the sound simulating the button press. Next time I played with it I heard the sound but not from the speaker, instead from the earpiece, had to put it to my ear to hear. So I played the video found on the phone and it too played the sound in the earpiece. Oh and I did a hardware test and audio worked fine. And now I rebooted again, and nothing, not even the earpiece makes a noise. Only the headset works. I am really getting angry! Any chance there is an easy solution? thx
    Yesterday I used the 1,4 doctor and the phone works so far, haven't seen the volume activate itself and all speakers work as they should. I think later today I will install preware, let's see if that will mess things up...
    When I plugged in my headset, the problem went away for me since it seems to be stuck in headset mode. I pulled the battery and I am no longer stuck in headset mode and so far the problem has not come back yet.

edit: I guess I just did not wait long enough because the volume adjustment bug just popped up again and I am not stuck in headset mode. Bummer.
    hey guys...do all you have touchstone backs that this is happening to you?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have a feeling it has something to do with having the ts back...i took it off...played with it and it doesn't go crazy....put it back on and it goes crazy...its weird as hell
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbett View Post
    When I plugged in my headset, the problem went away for me since it seems to be stuck in headset mode. I pulled the battery and I am no longer stuck in headset mode and so far the problem has not come back yet.

edit: I guess I just did not wait long enough because the volume adjustment bug just popped up again and I am not stuck in headset mode. Bummer.
    I had the headset-stuck issue too about 6 months ago. then one day it just stopped. Didn't have any issues with it again til this past Saturday. effing weird.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that I had a similar issue prior to 1.4. It usually happened when starting the phone app or closing it. I figured it was associated with one of the many patches that I have installed.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast