Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    This bug started when I got 1.4. It's on and off though. Right now my phone's okay.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I guess I spoke too soon. The bug is back.
    Yeah I doctored my phone back to 1.3.5.1 and then upgraded to 1.4 and it was gone. I loaded preware and the bug magically came back. I then erased all data and apps and didn't load preware this time and the bug hasn't come back yet.

Does anyone else have the bug and not have preware installed?
    I have this issue, doctored to 1.3.5.1 yesterday and updated to 1.4.0. Only seen in 1.4.

It goes from 1/2 to full when i set my phone down and when i touch the screen. kinda annoying when i have an app open and it keeps taking up space and flipping back and forth. Going to DR. back to 1.4 clean and see if it persists.
    I keep on getting this volume crap too very annoying...ima doctor straight 2 1.4 when I get home and see if it fixes it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

weird, Im 1.4 and I just tryed like 10 times and I got nothing so I must be lucky? also have only 4x3 launcher right now so check the patches you have.
  7. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Here's a video that demonstrates my problem. Sorry for the blur, but my camera's auto-focus sucks. But you should get the picture.

im doctoring my phone as we speak...lets c if it keeps on doing after...ill keep u guys posted
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I doctored my pre and so far I haven't seen it. And i've been using it for 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    I doctored my pre and so far I haven't seen it. And i've been using it for 2 hours.
    good thats wut i like to hear...my phone is booting up as we speak
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Same problem with the volume popping up when you move the phone on the slider. Only started after 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    What I mean is that prior to the release, I have always had this sort of random clicking sound - hard to explain, but sounds sort of electrical. It would mostly happen when I was holding the phone, but also after I set it down. Sometimes while it was in the Touchstone charger and other times just when I would slide the phone open and closed. Often times it would be accompanied by the screen coming on without me touching the phone.

It was very annoying, but other than that, it didn't seem to affect my usage. However, after the 1.4 upgrade, I still get that clicking noise, but it's now directly accompanied by the music volume gauge icon flickering like crazy.

So, I'm wondering if the 1.4 upgrade didn't cause the problem, it just made "visible". My problem is that this is actually taking over the Pre - in that it won't recognize gestures or let me press any notification icons in the gutter until it stops.

Ultimately, I think there is a physical/mechanical issue with the phone and 1.4 just exposed it. I'm definitely taking it in if it keeps this up.
    I have this EXACT problem and have no patches installed (although I used to, I web-doctored it for 1.4 to be sure). I'm betting it's hardware, guess I'm going in for #6 since last June ... Love this phone, sucks that I just have the luck for hardware issues.

uhhhhg this upgrade has made my phone all buggy
    Quote Originally Posted by vicente_navarro View Post
    :
    uhhhhg this upgrade has made my phone all buggy
    hmm. My icon looked different. It was like a speaker icon I think.
    Can we maybe set a poll to see if the problem might be related to preware being installed after 1.4? My issue seems to be gone after I reset everything and didn't install preware. I hope this is not true but doctoring didn't help my issue.
    Doctored to 1.4 & installed preware and a few patches. Volume bug seems to be gone! (going on 1 hour)

syphex: didnt have preware installed before and I had the bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    hmm. My icon looked different. It was like a speaker icon I think.
    hmm thts weird..
    my story: I've had Preware and patches dor months. after I updated to 1.4 the volume icon thing started happening. Also, my pre started failing bad, supwr lag, not reboot, so I doctored it. Then worked great. I tried using WOSQI to add one patch, the install failed, then the volume icon started happening again. This time I notice it's happening when slight pressure is applied to the ear piece (top) of the phone. I regularly twist and squeeze my pre (it has horrible oreo) but the icon thing never happened til 1.4
    Hello,

I am not even sure what preware is, and I have this issue.

I would put my money on it being a hardware issue.

I guess I'll go to the sprint store. I'll let you all know if they remember what a palm pre is.

I hope I helped!

Peace.

p.s. Could some one tell me if they generally give you another pre right away, or if they mail it? I will be going out of town later this week, and I would enjoy having my phone on the trip. Thanks!
    I have this issue as well..and doctoring didn't help (although I did install preware). Related I believe is the issue of no earpiece volume...toggling the ringer switch sometimes helps but not always...this was NOT happening before 1.4 (either of the issues)
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast