Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 341
  1. #201  
    So - I cannot recreate the bug as many of you have said. It looks to more random for me. The fustrating thing now? Sprint's "Advanced Tech Support" and Palm's "Tier 2 Support" has not heard of this bug. How can that be?? Then the tech support guy wanted to do a webos doctor to the phone, I'll be trying that on Monday or Tuesday as I'm on call right now, I can't be without a phone for that long of time.

    Also- for those that are having this bug, how is the battery life? Mine got significantly worse with 1.4 compared to whatever the latest 1.3.x update was.
  2. #202  
    wife and I both have pre, mine has the bug, hers not....the only diference between the pre's its like 3 months (I bought mine first - june). like I mention wife doesnt have the bug but after the upgrade shes having problems talking to people, she can hear them but not the person who call, but in speaker mode works fine....I just doctor her pre will seee what happens, mine is next
  3. #203  
    well ive been messing around with my "new refurb" and have yet to c the volume bug...so im guessing its not a bug its a hardware defect and all who experience this "bug" hardware defect should replace their phones whenever they can
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it has nothing to do with patches or preware...when i had my launch pre...this started happening everyday since i installed 1.4...i doctored my phone and it kept on happening even with stock 1.4...i already got a refurb from sprint...im in the process of updating to 1.4 so we'll c if its all good now
    well removing patches worked for me, i have everything else i had b4 exect 4 Preware and patches and i have no volume bug. wich wedos doctor did u used? i used 1.2xx and that ereased everything off my pre abelive, and if u r using ddoctor 1.4 it might not b ereasing it all.
    my problem now is that i cant streaming music, and i have not sync music to my pre yet.
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    well removing patches worked for me, i have everything else i had b4 exect 4 Preware and patches and i have no volume bug. wich wedos doctor did u used? i used 1.2xx and that ereased everything off my pre abelive, and if u r using ddoctor 1.4 it might not b ereasing it all.
    my problem now is that i cant streaming music, and i have not sync music to my pre yet.
    well I am completely homebrewed and patched and have run into no issues with my new pre
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. msb
    msb is offline
    msb's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #206  
    Hey everyone, just to be clear... THIS IS NOT A BUG!!!

    It's a hardware problem with the sensor that tells the phone that the a headset is plugged in. The faulty sensor thinks that a headset is being plugged in and removed rapidly - an electrical short or something.

    Since 1.4, the Pre automatically displays the volume icon whenever a headset is plugged in or taken out. This is a feature, not a bug. The faulty hardware that tells the Pre that the headset is being plugged in and unplugged rapidly, so the software displays the volume icon rapidly, too. This is not a software bug.

    If your computer were plugged into a power strip that was faulty and suddenly cuts power to your computer and it shuts down, would you think that there is a "bug" in Windows? Look, I'm not a knee-jerk Palm defender... I think that there are many areas for improvement in the software, but this is clearly a hardware issue.

    Now, having said all that, I think the headset sensors that Palm has been using is crap. I had multiple Treos where the headset sensor broke. These are apparently not rugged enough for extensive use (and by extensive, I mean plugging in a headset multiple times a day). They absolutely need to correct this.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by nollij View Post
    I took my phone in today for the headphone jack/ music icon popping up/ stuck in headset mode after pulling a headset problem. The gods of cell phones were smiling down upon me because there was nary a customer soul in the store and 3 employees ready to help. 5 minutes of passing on information gleaned from others on this thread and 1 other about the problems folks are having with 1.4 (or probably more likely, bringing to light a problem that already existed with the headphone jack) and they ordered me a new (refurbished) phone. Supposed to arrive tomorrow or monday. Now I just have to pray that the refurb doesn't have the same problem as the one I've got now.. or even worse, more problems. *sigh* Why can't I just have NEW phone? So... effing... irritating. I love the phone and I really really want everything to work. It's funny, everyone who I ***** to about it tells me to get an iPhone... they are so clueless as to how much better the Pre is when it works right!
    Got my replacement phone last night: Updating right now to 1.4 to see whether this one has the same problem. *crosses fingers*
  8. #208  
    same issue here. Starting to really annoy me.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Hey everyone, just to be clear... THIS IS NOT A BUG!!!

    It's a hardware problem with the sensor that tells the phone that the a headset is plugged in. The faulty sensor thinks that a headset is being plugged in and removed rapidly - an electrical short or something.

    Since 1.4, the Pre automatically displays the volume icon whenever a headset is plugged in or taken out. This is a feature, not a bug. The faulty hardware that tells the Pre that the headset is being plugged in and unplugged rapidly, so the software displays the volume icon rapidly, too. This is not a software bug.

    If your computer were plugged into a power strip that was faulty and suddenly cuts power to your computer and it shuts down, would you think that there is a "bug" in Windows? Look, I'm not a knee-jerk Palm defender... I think that there are many areas for improvement in the software, but this is clearly a hardware issue.

    Now, having said all that, I think the headset sensors that Palm has been using is crap. I had multiple Treos where the headset sensor broke. These are apparently not rugged enough for extensive use (and by extensive, I mean plugging in a headset multiple times a day). They absolutely need to correct this.
    i completely agree with u...this was annoying the crap out of my...i would get the volume flickering everyday...thought my phone was haunted...finally got my refurb yesterday and my phone hasnt flickered the volume at all...so i can definitely say its a hardware defect and all who experience this should get ur replacement
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. #210  
    Haven't had this bug since my reconditioned pre 3+ days ago! Definitely hardware related!
  11. #211  
    I'm having a volume problem also, going to get phone replaced
    Last edited by reproboi; 03/07/2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: update
  12. organix's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #212  
    Anyone who has gotten theirs replaced...did you have serious issues with the bug? Like have this thing going every time you use the phone? I get mine randomly and can't get it to show often enough. Some days my phone does it often over the course of an hour...some days I don't see it at all. I've tried to see if there is anything I can do to make it show up when I want to, but I can't. Basically, I have no certain way of showing Sprint that my phone is doing this. I figure if I take it in they'll look at it and say they don't see a problem. Do I just have to suck it up?
  13. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #213  
    again... I got a BRAND NEW pre last week. No volume icon bug. Updated to 1.4 a couple days later and BAM.... Volume icon bug. Whatever the reson is it is definitely RELATED to 1.4
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    again... I got a BRAND NEW pre last week. No volume icon bug. Updated to 1.4 a couple days later and BAM.... Volume icon bug. Whatever the reson is it is definitely RELATED to 1.4
    hmmm u probably got a bad brand new pre lol bc i got my brand new pre on friday and havent experienced it since...bad luck for u?

    Update: when u got ur brand new pre....did u replace it specifically bc of the volume icon popping up or for a different reason....i dont know man but if i were u go and replace it again if it keeps on popping up bc i havent gotten it yet
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Haven't had this bug since my reconditioned pre 3+ days ago! Definitely hardware related!
    +1
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. #216  
    It might be a hardware issue but how come so many ppl are experiencing it only after the 1,4 update. This is bull!
  17. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hmmm u probably got a bad brand new pre lol bc i got my brand new pre on friday and havent experienced it since...bad luck for u?

    Update: when u got ur brand new pre....did u replace it specifically bc of the volume icon popping up or for a different reason....i dont know man but if i were u go and replace it again if it keeps on popping up bc i havent gotten it yet
    I got a brand new one because the speaker was blown out. This is actually my 6th pre now and only got a new one because I complained that I've been having so many problems... 2 blown speakers, 1 keyboard stopped working, 2 stuck in headset mode. And again... The volume bug didn't occur in this new one UNTIL I updated to 1.4.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by BDoG76 View Post
    I got a brand new one because the speaker was blown out. This is actually my 6th pre now and only got a new one because I complained that I've been having so many problems... 2 blown speakers, 1 keyboard stopped working, 2 stuck in headset mode. And again... The volume bug didn't occur in this new one UNTIL I updated to 1.4.
    sorry to hear that man...i obviously have no idea wut u should do...what i would do is....if this gets annoying (like it did for me) i would get another replacement...ive been lucky ive only had 1 replacement since i had mine since launch day so yeah...ur choice of wut to do...this is not a 1.4 bug its a hardware defect...like i said i havent experienced the volume pop up since friday...so yeah
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    Anyone who has gotten theirs replaced...did you have serious issues with the bug? Like have this thing going every time you use the phone? I get mine randomly and can't get it to show often enough. Some days my phone does it often over the course of an hour...some days I don't see it at all. I've tried to see if there is anything I can do to make it show up when I want to, but I can't. Basically, I have no certain way of showing Sprint that my phone is doing this. I figure if I take it in they'll look at it and say they don't see a problem. Do I just have to suck it up?
    I just got my phone replaced today... havent seen a bug yet, the phone is totally solid, good as brand new, imo...

    One way to get the bug to show up is to put a little pressure on the screen in the top left corner over where the volume toggle is. If that makes it pop up, it's probably going to be an issue...
  20. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Hey everyone, just to be clear... THIS IS NOT A BUG!!!

    It's a hardware problem with the sensor that tells the phone that the a headset is plugged in. The faulty sensor thinks that a headset is being plugged in and removed rapidly - an electrical short or something.

    Since 1.4, the Pre automatically displays the volume icon whenever a headset is plugged in or taken out. This is a feature, not a bug. The faulty hardware that tells the Pre that the headset is being plugged in and unplugged rapidly, so the software displays the volume icon rapidly, too. This is not a software bug.

    If your computer were plugged into a power strip that was faulty and suddenly cuts power to your computer and it shuts down, would you think that there is a "bug" in Windows? Look, I'm not a knee-jerk Palm defender... I think that there are many areas for improvement in the software, but this is clearly a hardware issue.

    Now, having said all that, I think the headset sensors that Palm has been using is crap. I had multiple Treos where the headset sensor broke. These are apparently not rugged enough for extensive use (and by extensive, I mean plugging in a headset multiple times a day). They absolutely need to correct this.

    I completely agree with you I came to the same conclusion.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions