Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I haven't read all the posts... But, I tried inserting and pulling out a set of headphones into my headphone jack...

Since then, I haven't seen this bug again (it's been a couple days now)...

So, maybe it is the headphone jack that is causing all these problems?
    Thank you all who have contributed log files. We currently have enough logs and are not needing anymore at this time.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Thank you all who have contributed log files. We currently have enough logs and are not needing anymore at this time.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Feel like giving your opinion, HardBeatZ?
  4. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil98 View Post
    Genius!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have the same issue but it only happens when i end a phone call. very strange
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil98 View Post
    I haven't read all the posts... But, I tried inserting and pulling out a set of headphones into my headphone jack...

Since then, I haven't seen this bug again (it's been a couple days now)...

maybe that could be it, i used my headphones the other day n started to notice it more. hmm u say inserting it again will fix the issue????
    So... I finally went into the Sprint store and inquired about getting my phone fixed, or getting a replacement..

I tell him all of the symptoms - crack near usb port, volume icon coming up whenever I open the phone, volume icon interfering with applications/keeps reappearing when center button is pushed - won't let me close cards, and of course, the topper... headphone jack is shoddy being as how the sound is full of static and keeps cutting out, rendering it unusable for any sort of activity..

He tells me it'll be about 30 mins to repair, and goes into the tech. All of about two minutes later, he comes out and says that the store is just going to order a replacement. Ha! Hopefully it isn't worse off. Seems like they're already familiar out here with what's going on, otherwise they would have spent time trying to fix it and not deal with entirely replacing my phone - seeing as how any business is going to try the cheaper fix before full replacement, short of safety flaws.

And darnit.. I forgot to mention the clicking sound... We'll see in a few days whether or not the replacement is a good solution or just throwing me deeper into the hole...
    I took my phone in today for the headphone jack/ music icon popping up/ stuck in headset mode after pulling a headset problem. The gods of cell phones were smiling down upon me because there was nary a customer soul in the store and 3 employees ready to help. 5 minutes of passing on information gleaned from others on this thread and 1 other about the problems folks are having with 1.4 (or probably more likely, bringing to light a problem that already existed with the headphone jack) and they ordered me a new (refurbished) phone. Supposed to arrive tomorrow or monday. Now I just have to pray that the refurb doesn't have the same problem as the one I've got now.. or even worse, more problems. *sigh* Why can't I just have NEW phone? So... effing... irritating. I love the phone and I really really want everything to work. It's funny, everyone who I ***** to about it tells me to get an iPhone... they are so clueless as to how much better the Pre is when it works right!
    I'm not sure what I did but I've went a whole day without seeing this problem. Hopefully it's gone for good. But I doubt that.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    Does anyone know about or have this problem? After updating to 1.4 and rebooting 3 times, the volume icon appears every time I wake up the phone by sliding the keyboard open. Not a big deal but annoying as my power button is pushed in and really hard to operate. I am not a techie...is there an official way to let Palm know about this?
    Since 1.4, this is the first time I have seen this too! The Volume (usually with the Music icon) displays a frequent switch from 3 bars to full bars.
    Here's a test for you -

Put a little pressure on the top left area of the screen near the volume switch. If it's got a problem, the volume icon should pop up.
    i finally exchanged my pre....looks brand new...right now im putting all my usb stuff in then gotta update to 1.4 then we'll c if this pre is good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i finally exchanged my pre....looks brand new...right now im putting all my usb stuff in then gotta update to 1.4 then we'll c if this pre is good
    Right on... def let us know as soon as possible if that stupid volume ***** is still coming up.. it might sway me to NOT exchange my OG Pre for a refurb...

On a side note, has anyone had experience with Sprint replacement phones not working right, and getting them to just give you a brand new, non-refurb phone? Is this even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    maybe that could be it, i used my headphones the other day n started to notice it more. hmm u say inserting it again will fix the issue????
    That's what I did and haven't seen the problem since. I did that last Sunday and the problem is still gone.
    i doctored my phone and i installed 1.4, no patches and i haven't seen the volume bug anymore. i don't think ill b installing Preware or patches, till all of this is resolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    i doctored my phone and i installed 1.4, no patches and i haven't seen the volume bug anymore. i don't think ill b installing Preware or patches, till all of this is resolve.
    it has nothing to do with patches or preware...when i had my launch pre...this started happening everyday since i installed 1.4...i doctored my phone and it kept on happening even with stock 1.4...i already got a refurb from sprint...im in the process of updating to 1.4 so we'll c if its all good now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I updated my Pixi to 1.4 the night before last, and I'm seeing this problem as well now. I didn't see it at all the first day, but since I plugged a set of headphones in (ok, it was a cassette adapter in my old friggin' car stereo) last night, the phone's been going nuts. It'll wake up and show the music volume icon when it's sitting unattended, phone calls don't work, I can't watch YouTube videos in the youTube app (it pops up to change music volume and stops playback), etc. Sitting here right now with the USB cable hooked up and the phone in mass storage mode, there's a static noise coming over the phone speaker, which I don't remember from before.

I.e., pretty much the same thing that the Pre owners are seeing.

My wife's Pre was manually updated OTA at the same time as mine, but isn't having the problem. I'll have to tell her to keep headphones away from the thing - I was previously blaming the music playback app, since I had 0 problems previously and therefore figured it had to be software.
    Mine has begun to experience the same thing, I thought I was just inadvertently hitting the volume key as I was sliding it open. But, then I noticed that it's not the bell that shows up, it's the little music note icon. I guess I'll just watch this for a while and if it gets worse, I'll take it in for exchange.
    I started encountering this problem as well in 1.4. It's very random on my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    so no fix yet? Not even a mention on the front page? I just got a new (not refurb) and have the same problem. This is my 6th yes 6th pre and was given a new one because I was about to bail on sprint...
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast