1.    #1  
    I just got my update to webos 1.4 and the only complaint I have an I cant figure out how this happened is every application that I previously had installed encluding Pandora, or Fandango was eraised, has anyone else had this happen and if they have, were you able to recover the apps without having to go back to the app Catelog and redownload them all again?
    This happened to me as well. I installed the update but had some issues with old patches, so I doctored my pre back to 1.3.5.1 and all my apps were there. So I then updated to 1.4 and all of my purchased apps and free alike are gone. The launcher page they were on is completely blank. I hope somebody figures this out soon.
    Same problem here. i doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and all my apps were there.... then I did the update to 1.4 and all my apps are gone, i can't download any others because the app catalog says i don't have enough space, and my preware wont load because it says the package management service isn't loaded... which it is,,,
    All applications or just some? The case might be they might now have a 1.4 update yet.

However another solution would be to do a partial erase and log into your Palm profile, your apps should then be reloaded.
    So, just an update, it seems mine is working now. Here is what I did...

WebOS doctored down to 1.3.5.1 and created a whole new profile - just a temporary one.

WebOS Doctored to 1.4 and signed in with my normal profile and it restored all my applications.

I just downlaoded a program and it installed correctly... so all seems to be good so far. Now time to install some preware... i'll let you know how that goes
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, and my resolution was:

1) Doctor back to 1.3.5.1
    2) Update to 1.4
    3) Do a full erase/reset of the phone
    4) Sign in to normal profile, apps should be downloaded appropriately.
    this happened to me with 1.3.5.1

just download the application again, should be free.. they may have been updated for 1.4 and need the new version...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Well I doctored back to 1.3.5.1, then did the update to 1.4; all of my apps except for one was there. The one app that was missing was Tweed, and that was the older version that was available for free back in the day. Now I have to pay to get it (although it is an updated version). I guess I'll try out TweeFree first.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Mine is all good now. It was an odd problem. None of my applications that i downloaded were there and the app store wouldn't let me download anything - said i didn't have any room. Also, preware wouldn't run because it said package manager service was not installed (which it was). I had doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and signed into my account and would update to 1.4 and keep getting the same issue. Did this about 3 times.

So, this time I doctored down to 1.3.5.1, created a temporary profile, doctored to 1.4, signed in with my real profile and now everything seems to be working great.

The key for me, was doctoring to 1.4 - rather than updating. Odd, but maybe this will help someone
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garnold0611 View Post
    I just downlaoded a program and it installed correctly... so all seems to be good so far. Now time to install some preware... i'll let you know how that goes
    I had the same problem with apps disappearing -- when I tried downloading one that I had previously purchased, it told me that there wasn't enough space to install it.

Currently running the 1.4 doctor to see if that fixes the problem... hoping it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepdublu View Post
    I had the same problem with apps disappearing -- when I tried downloading one that I had previously purchased, it told me that there wasn't enough space to install it.

Currently running the 1.4 doctor to see if that fixes the problem... hoping it will.
    Hope so... mine seems to be doing well... got preware working, just installed my first patch... that worked... so, if all else fails, it may take a while - but just do the steps that I did. Good luck to you!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had the same issue and fixed it the way mejifair describes the fix. My apps are updating right now and appear to all be there. I haven't tried to download any new ones yet so I'm not sure if the low memory issue is still an issue or not.

Just in case this info helps anyone else, I had two different results when updating to 1.4. I started with a patched Pre with patches from Preware and WOQI and decided to stick with them to see if I could update to 1.4 and then update the patches. Well the 1st time all my apps were there but they all gave "fail" messages when trying to update. So then I decided to try and update my patches so I went to open Preware. I tried many times over a couple days to do it but it would just hang on the loading page and never get past it. So I called the doctor and started over thinking I may have pushed 1.4 through before I let all my apps update after the last doctor. So after the doc I let all my apps update, then update to 1.4; all apps disappeared! I did the full reset and they show up again. While I am typing this all my apps have finished updating and I'm able to download more.

Problem solved. Thanks everyone for providing help and answers.

Can't wait to start repatching!